Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

D

Deleted member 5962

Neto and Podence have both played well in Jota's position and although on his day Jota can be devastating he is not "on his day" too often; not only that but his progress seemed to well and truly stall last season. I therefore do not think he will be leaving a massive hole if he goes.. So long as we are getting a decent fee (like £35m) I am OK with this.

I meant it as we will be a quality winger short of where we need to be if all the money went on Semedo.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not really 35m though is it, it's pretty much 25m, as we're sending 10m their way to get Hoever...

Either way, in my personal opinion, selling Jota and Doherty for a combined 40-50m whatever way you look at it is poor business.

Happy to eat my words if we get in some quality replacements mind...

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto and Podence coming good along with Jota's lack of consistency has led to this. Gutted because Jota and Neves got us promoted when neither had any business playing in the Championship.
Klopp has come in for Jota because of his lack of consistency?
We are not trying to sell him from what I can make out.
The emergence of Neto and Podence certainly softens the blow.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Jota but he is extremely inconsistent, and has some poor finishing and decision making. The game last season where he missed a fairly easy chance but then scored a great goal was a good summary.

On his day he's unplayable, but 9/10 you'll get him running into blind alleys.

He is a good player and has done a lot for us, but isn't a top player. One of the players I would say we need to upgrade on if we want to kick on.
To be honest I thought you were on the wrong thread describing one of our other forwards.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not really 35m though is it, it's pretty much 25m, as we're sending 10m their way to get Hoever...

Either way, in my personal opinion, selling Jota and Doherty for a combined 40-50m whatever way you look at it is poor business.

I think our forward line is already finalised, I don’t see another forward coming in.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter madness if we sell him don't have any other player with his work rate or ability I'm not at all happy with this or the Doherty sale.

That will leave us 5 players short in the squad and far weaker as a team then last season.
Uhhhhhh Neto?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not trying to sell him fro what I can make out.

He will be a good option off the bench for them and in domestic cup games. If he was more consistent then we wouldn't be selling. He's had 2 seasons in the Prem now and he's been massively up and down in both. I'd rather have a Podence who is a 7/10 every week than a guy who is 9/10 for 5 games but then 5/10 for the next 10.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota will be crazy to leave, Portugal will not play benches players, Jota will not be 1st choice there at Liverpool, he wasn't here, I'd start Neto/Podence before him

D

Deleted member 5962

Come on mate there’s no need to keep dragging Adama into it especially if it’s Jota pushing for a move.

I wasnt aware that I kept dragging him into it. I just thought it was a fair comment to point out the expectation should be on him too and not just Podence and Neto.

I suppose my other comment about Klopp choosing Jota over Adama is what youre meaning?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are not trying to sell him from what I can make out.
Depth? Not for me will be gutted.

Reaction score
15 million for Doherty was maybe 5 million below his value.

35 million for Jota is 5-10 million more than he’s worth.

I’d be happy with this.

Liverpool get a good (if inconsistent) player and we sell a player who is now well down the pecking order in terms of our wingers/forward players.

Better business than the Doherty deal and if the Hoever signing is leverage for this then even better as I know he’s another highly rated player and shows how much we are investing in the future.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be a good option off the bench for them and in domestic cup games. If he was more consistent then we wouldn't be selling. He's had 2 seasons in the Prem now and he's been massively up and down in both. I'd rather have a Podence who is a 7/10 every week than a guy who is 9/10 for 5 games but then 5/10 for the next 10.
But surely we are only selling him because he wants to go.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of where it says we’ve sold him and at what price?

People are getting ahead of themselves, I’m not saying he’s staying and we’ll turn down the offer, but everything I’ve seen says they are interested.

If he goes, it will be because Nuno and the club are happy to do the deal. All week it’s been about the new cycle, and previously we’ve been guilty of holding on to players for sentimental reasons. That doesn’t seem to be the case now.

I’d be gutted if he goes and will expect the club to bring in a suitable replacement (which people will have arguments and reservations about) but in some ways I do appreciate the fact that we aren’t holding onto players if we feel we/they can’t improve us.

Mate - it's ****ing everywhere. He's gone.

stevev53

Reaction score
Why can't people on here wait until the transfer window closes before coming out with such drivel . We have to have faith in Nuno and his team . They wouldn't be doing this unless there was a plan to replace theses players with better prospects . Christ some people on here are bloody pathetic .

dgm6769

Reaction score
Ffs still another 17 days till transfer window shuts as well, close it now ffs before we lose anyone else.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But surely we are only selling him because he wants to go.
We’ve opened the can now, if I was an opposition manager I would put offers in for our other attractive players to test our resilience.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can't people on here wait until the transfer window closes before coming out with such drivel . We have to have faith in Nuno and his team . They wouldn't be doing this unless there was a plan to replace theses players with better prospects . Christ some people on here are bloody pathetic .

The replacement for Doherty appears to be an 18-y/o who has played four games for Liverpool when they play their reserves.

It's a massive downgrade for the next 2-3 years and only then it MAY be a good decision IF Hoever develops.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's not £25m then. It's £35m and we may sign a player for £10M.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fee must have been agreed as he arrived at the stadium. Sounds like Liverpool want it wrapped up tonight.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i dont think we are "selling" I think he is "leaving"

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of effing consistency....yes of course Klopp wouldn't want a player like that. The fact is Jota is class and Klopp will be delighted to get him to challenge his front three who are themselves world class. Jota is one of our crown jewels and we are it seems letting him go to a top six club we are supposedly chasing down in the next few years for probably relative peanuts. We are also paying £10m or more for their third best right back! Honestly folks anyone who thinks this is the right direction for the club knows very little about football. 18 year olds have a long way to prove themselves and are certainly not ready for a full season of Premier League football. Greenwood of Man u might be the one exception. I just don't believe Jota will be adequately replaced and we need players around 23 not 18 to slot into our first XI. The squad is getting weaker and weaker and Jota will be a massive loss. Next Neves. That's how it works once a club starts losing its nerve.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's in the promos for the third shirt so I'd say and conjecture that he's on his way out is complete bs.

That video was probably filmed several days ago. We wouldn't be the first club to feature a player in something who then went on to move. You do know that situations can change, right?

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
If Jota wants to go good luck to him. He has served us well from the championship, Pl and Europe.
In respect of a fee £35M I would imagine there will be ad ons.

He had bit of a purple patch with his performances for us and if we can attract an upgrade then great.

This season we aren't in Europe and out of one cup competition so the games will be fewer, so trying to keep everyone happy will be a challenge but we have at the moment good players in Podence / Neto.

Andi130

Reaction score
We shouldn't forget, this is/was a project for some of our players. For Diogo, it might be that he's realised he's done what he set out to achieve here. Lets just wait and see how it all pans out.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Jota will be crazy to leave, Portugal will not play benches players, Jota will not be 1st choice there at Liverpool, he wasn't here, I'd start Neto/Podence before him

My thoughts too, no way he’s a regular feature in with that front three. Makes sense to want to move to a bigger club, sure, but he’s gotta want to play regular football.

Y

Yout85

For every possible outgoing, there are a number of targets for players to replace them.

The same was true for Doherty, but more targets have become possible, hence the delay.

If he goes, he will be replaced by similar quality at half the price.

Have total faith in Fosun.

I will be distraught to lose him, but we have to be pragmatic.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That video was probably filmed several days ago. We wouldn't be the first club to feature a player in something who then went on to move. You do know that situations can change, right?

To be fair from the video on the club's twitter, it was filmed when they did the home shirt.

Back
Top Bottom