Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Stoke Jota was just the player we needed to open them up. Now what? Anyone who thinks we have a brilliant replacement coming in is deluded imv. The club are sending out a very clear signal when he goes and mark my words Neves will be next. Once you start selling your best players its downhill all the way.
We haven’t sold any of our best players.

Nivada

Reaction score
Against Stoke Jota was just the player we needed to open them up. Now what? Anyone who thinks we have a brilliant replacement coming in is deluded imv. The club are sending out a very clear signal when he goes and mark my words Neves will be next. Once you start selling your best players its downhill all the way.
This take is thrown towards Jota every time we lose and he doesn't play I swear. It's not May 2019 anymore, whenever he comes on he's pedestrian and would likely have just made the result all the more frustrating when he goes on one of his spectacular runs but just ends up booting the ball directly at the opposition keeper, even if he was available to Nuno I honesty don't think he's done enough to start ahead of the likes of Neto and Podence, and that says it all. He's a winger who got 1 assist in a hell of a lot of Premier League starts last season, I really do wonder how many disappointing displays it's going to take for people on this forum to snap back to reality.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fee really is £25m it suggests to me part of the deal of bringing young superstars to the club is we will let them go for agreed amounts. The upside is that it lets us bring players to what is a relatively unattractive area compared to London or Manchester, the downside is we don’t get real market value when their heads are turned.

It’s not perfect but so far we are progressing nicely so I guess we have to wait and see.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could someone explain where all the transfer fees are coming from .. £15/40m .. ffs chill out .. wsit until he leaves we know the fee then have a melt down .. not gone yet

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Times are saying deal is close and will be 'more than £35m'.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh in excess of 35 is fine! Great player but he isnt in our starting XI and - tbf - I'd want to go to Liverpool.

35 mil for Jota is fair. I love him as a player but I wish him all the best is true. Just worried it was going to be 19/20

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35mil?!

Who does the valuations, knock 10mil off ffs.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You cannot legislate against a top club coming in for a player and the player wanting the move, it happens to all clubs and had nothing to do with lack of ambition.
We Have left ourselves open to this now by selling Doc for £15m, gone from a non selling club to one that is if these Jota rumours are true. Not happy to seem him go. Depth?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've mentioned here before that Jota is by far my favourite player of the Fosun era, I am going to be beyond gutted if he leaves. I get that he can be inconsistent, his finishing is an issue and £35m is a LOT of money that will enable us to strengthen the team to be better, but it still feels like a kick to the gut.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this crap feeling that, if we do let him go, he won't necessarily be replaced and our forward options would be Jimenez, Fabio, Neto, Podence & Adama.

All good options, still don't want him to leave though.
What's happened to Pepé?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of where it says we’ve sold him and at what price?

People are getting ahead of themselves, I’m not saying he’s staying and we’ll turn down the offer, but everything I’ve seen says they are interested.

If he goes, it will be because Nuno and the club are happy to do the deal. All week it’s been about the new cycle, and previously we’ve been guilty of holding on to players for sentimental reasons. That doesn’t seem to be the case now.

I’d be gutted if he goes and will expect the club to bring in a suitable replacement (which people will have arguments and reservations about) but in some ways I do appreciate the fact that we aren’t holding onto players if we feel we/they can’t improve us.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted if he goes but I think this one has been on the cards a while. Mixed form last season and Podence signing. He's been excellent overall for us but can't begrudge him a move to the champions.

Puts the pressure on Podence and Neto to score more goals for sure.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Jota but he is extremely inconsistent, and has some poor finishing and decision making. The game last season where he missed a fairly easy chance but then scored a great goal was a good summary. Or he'll have the most awful game you can imagine and then score a hat-trick next game.

On his day he's unplayable, but 9/10 you'll get him running into blind alleys.

He is a good player and has done a lot for us, but isn't a top player. One of the players I would say we need to upgrade on if we want to kick on.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of where it says we’ve sold him and at what price?

People are getting ahead of themselves, I’m not saying he’s staying and we’ll turn down the offer, but everything I’ve seen says they are interested.

If he goes, it will be because Nuno and the club are happy to do the deal. All week it’s been about the new cycle, and previously we’ve been guilty of holding on to players for sentimental reasons. That doesn’t seem to be the case now.

I’d be gutted if he goes and will expect the club to bring in a suitable replacement (which people will have arguments and reservations about) but in some ways I do appreciate the fact that we aren’t holding onto players if we feel we/they can’t improve us.

Multiple reliable journos have said so.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then how would we fill the hole left by Jota. We would only have 1 left forward if he goes.
Neto and Podence have both played well in Jota's position and although on his day Jota can be devastating he is not "on his day" too often; not only that but his progress seemed to well and truly stall last season. I therefore do not think he will be leaving a massive hole if he goes.. So long as we are getting a decent fee (like £35m) I am OK with this.

D

Deleted member 5962

Gutted if he goes but I think this one has been on the cards a while. Mixed form last season and Podence signing. He's been excellent overall for us but can't begrudge him a move to the champions.

Puts the pressure on Podence and Neto to score more goals for sure.

If thats true Adama must have the sword of damocles above his head. Neto scored as many as he did last season IIRC.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If thats true Adama must have the sword of damocles above his head. Neto scored as many as he did last season IIRC.
Come on mate there’s no need to keep dragging Adama into it especially if it’s Jota pushing for a move.

Back
Top Bottom