Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't rule out slipping straight down to League Two, closing half the ground and the milkman waiting for his money. Bye everyone, I'm off to find a bus to throw myself under.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think his performance against Leicester was a significant improvement from his first game here? Like he could actually get a few goals soon? Got on the end of things but it took some good defending to stop him against Leicester.
Theres no doubt hes better than when he came
The guy has played no football at all this year,hes never been rapid even in his prime
We knew it would take time,and hes playing in a struggling team
Ofc he should have scored at least a couple with chances hes had so far,but its understandable
If he keeps fit i can see him getting half a dozen or so maybe even double figures

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Anyone else think his performance against Leicester was a significant improvement from his first game here? Like he could actually get a few goals soon? Got on the end of things but it took some good defending to stop him against Leicester.
I agree,he looks like he's finding a bit of fitness and sharpness.
A goal of his would do us the world of good.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theres no doubt hes better than when he came
The guy has played no football at all this year,hes never been rapid even in his prime
We knew it would take time,and hes playing in a struggling team
Ofc he should have scored at least a couple with chances hes had so far,but its understandable
If he keeps fit i can see him getting half a dozen or so maybe even double figures
If I'm honest I wasn't expecting him to have the movement to be able to get on the end of chances. The ones he has had so far have been decent. Just needs to put a couple in.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of these promising youngsters are/have performed consistently on loan at upper end Championship clubs?

molinew

Reaction score
Tim Spiers was pretty withering about his signing on the Totally Football Show podcast this week.

I'm paraphrasing slightly, but he described him as all the mischief with none of the football, and so pantomime he looks more like he's auditioning to play Captain Hook at the Wolverhampton Grand this December than playing Premier League football.

Hard to disagree so far... The antics with Dean Henderson and barging into the Leicester defender last week can lift the crowd and the team, but when you look about 20 yards off the pace yourself it does look pretty tragic.

Great player in his day, but this signing rightly makes us look like a desperate shambles

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think he has done a lot wrong, it's our supply or lack of it to him that's the problem.

He has been wide open at times in the box and the ball just doesn't go in or its smashed 100 yards over his head by Adama.
I would say compared to the rest he's not due so much criticism, everybody knew he was rusty but we had little choice out of who was available. If he is injured and we have to play Hwang God help us.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spiers was pretty withering about his signing on the Totally Football Show podcast this week.

I'm paraphrasing slightly, but he described him as all the mischief with none of the football, and so pantomime he looks more like he's auditioning to play Captain Hook at the Wolverhampton Grand this December than playing Premier League football.

Hard to disagree so far... The antics with Dean Henderson and barging into the Leicester defender last week can lift the crowd and the team, but when you look about 20 yards off the pace yourself it does look pretty tragic.

Great player in his day, but this signing rightly makes us look like a desperate shambles
Jimenez has got the hook for him!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Least of our problems. His done fine with the lack of service we've had. Folk going on about off the pace? How about the 10 behind him in the peak of their powers looking off the pace?!
Agree with that - until the Leicester game we created buggerall. We didn’t create many excellent chances there either, more lots of half chances, other than the chance at the far post he had from kilmans flick on that was blocked - but at least he was in the right place at the right time.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that - until the Leicester game we created buggerall. We didn’t create many excellent chances there either, more lots of half chances, other than the chance at the far post he had from kilmans flick on that was blocked - but at least he was in the right place at the right time.
Raul missed a one to one with the keeper at Bournemouth which he should easily have tucked away. Apart from I think you're right.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How sad and damning of the board is it that we are already looking at life in the Championship next season, what a *********** they have made of things these last few seasons
To be honest I don’t think we should be doing this despite the aberration of a management team at our club.

We have more than enough to avoid relegation and if we collectively accept our fate it will just feed through on matchday. We just need to get behind them as it’s the only thing in our control.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spiers is spot on. Slow, past his best, dirty and annoying. He is not scoring and is there because we were desperate having wasted money on a damaged bean pole. Just adds to a long catalogue of failures by Shi and Sellars.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I don’t think we should be doing this despite the aberration of a management team at our club.

We have more than enough to avoid relegation and if we collectively accept our fate it will just feed through on matchday. We just need to get behind them as it’s the only thing in our control.

I agree, but this is Wolves and we've been here before, if Shi/Sellars acted decisively and got a competent manager in we have plenty of time to get out of the **** we are in, but they haven't and until they do I can't see things improving

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got no loose change in the Chelsea and Forest games, but I can think of at least one good chance in each other game that Costa has played, by getting into the right positions (header against West Ham, chance at Palace, shot blocked from close range against Leicester). Okay, he didn't score them but that's all part of shaking off the ring rust.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing, if Hwang had played the same games and generated the same amount of nothing, he would be getting slaughtered, some real rubbish posted on here.
Costa should have scored in almost every game he has played, but the facts are he didn’t.

<<Insert Wolves forward name here>> should have scored in almost every game he has played, but the facts are he didn’t.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers is spot on. Slow, past his best, dirty and annoying. He is not scoring and is there because we were desperate having wasted money on a damaged bean pole. Just adds to a long catalogue of failures by Shi and Sellars.
I can't think of anything he's done playing for us that could be described as dirty, and being annoying is exactly what we're missing with our team of soft touch players.

Annoying ! bring it on.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing, if Hwang had played the same games and generated the same amount of nothing, he would be getting slaughtered, some real rubbish posted on here.
Costa should have scored in almost every game he has played, but the facts are he didn’t.
Yes but Hwang ain't 34 and hasn't spent the last 9 months chilling on the Copacabana.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference being Costa has a good track record and it doesn't just disappear like that, a few more games and he'll improve.. Hwang doesn't show anything to suggest he knows where the net is, we might as well have Sa up front.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing, if Hwang had played the same games and generated the same amount of nothing, he would be getting slaughtered, some real rubbish posted on here. Costa should have scored in almost every game he has played, but the facts are he didn’t.
Hwang probably wouldn't have even gotten into those positions. Because he's ****. Costa hasn't been deemed fit enough to even complete 90 minutes yet, so we have to patient with him; he's been out of the game for a long time.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang probably wouldn't have even gotten into those positions. Because he's ****. Costa hasn't been deemed fit enough to even complete 90 minutes yet, so we have to patient with him; he's been out of the game for a long time.
We also didn’t spend money on Costa. I still can’t quite believe we turned down Leeds bid for him we should have snapped their hands off.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it true that the last time a Wolves centre-forward scored was Raul at home to Watford. In Mar

We also didn’t spend money on Costa. I still can’t quite believe we turned down Leeds bid for him we should have snapped their hands off.
We would have loudly cheered when Leeds signed him then watched as he scored every week for fun for them.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
I must admit, having seen him for the first time on Sunday I was slightly disappointed. Yes he got on the end of a few half chances and seems to be improving. But I was expecting him to be more demanding of his colleagues. Didn't notice him encouraging or b##locking his team mates. He didn't seem as fired up or aggressive as I expected. Maybe he has been told to tone things down a bit but his passion and will to win for me is one of his main strengths.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
<<Insert Wolves forward name here>> should have scored in almost every game he has played, but the facts are he didn’t.
I think Raul should have 1 and Costa should have 1. And maybe while we are there one for Neto. Which would take us to a massive grand total of 8.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Raul should have 1 and Costa should have 1. And maybe while we are there one for Neto. Which would take us to a massive grand total of 8.

Costa should be on 2 for me. Header on his debut against Chelsea and unnecessary extra touch taken against Palace.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit, having seen him for the first time on Sunday I was slightly disappointed. Yes he got on the end of a few half chances and seems to be improving. But I was expecting him to be more demanding of his colleagues. Didn't notice him encouraging or b##locking his team mates. He didn't seem as fired up or aggressive as I expected. Maybe he has been told to tone things down a bit but his passion and will to win for me is one of his main strengths.
He literally flew into a Leicester defender for no reason and then screamed at Nunes.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no strong views one way or the other about Costa tbh but to be fair Hwang hasn't been out of action for nearly 12 months?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yip...I did

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I've been disappointed that he hasn't scored, but on Sunday we had two presentable chances. One was for him and the other was when he cleverly drew defenders in and let the ball run to Podence. Also I don't think he's been dirty at all and he works hard to explain to the others (Adama in particular) the sort of service he needs. He's not been a revelation, but he's done better than anyone else (ie Hwang or Guedes) would have done playing in the way we have.

Back
Top Bottom