Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems as though Ornstein is backtracking

As much as stick Wolves get, I do not see a situation where they go to the trouble of flying him over and setting up a medical if he is going to fail a work permit.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggling to understand how there is a system that prevents one of the worlds most famous players of the last decade, who has also played in this country previously, from getting a work permit. Yet meanwhile dozens of deadbeats have arrived from all over the globe the last couple months to warm benches all throughout the leagues.
Spot on, and in this case, we are getting a man off the dole and back into work!

Government policy stinks, and that is all I will say politically here, knowing we have another part of the forum to expand upon that.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
So basically everything the same as it was before he was "rejected" . He was always going to have to go to a panel to decide if he is eligable. Thanks for the 24 hrs of hand wringing twitter.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atleast its not boring being a wolves fan.
Please let the media team do an announcement video featuring customs attempting to stop Costa from entering the country and then him sinking his teeth into one of Thier faces before ripping off his hoody revealing his wolves top.
It's been ****ing boring supporting Wolves for the past 2 seasons. Regrettably this season has pretty much started in the same vein. Off the pitch things have been more exciting!

W

WasStefan

Struggling to understand how there is a system that prevents one of the worlds most famous players of the last decade, who has also played in this country previously, from getting a work permit. Yet meanwhile dozens of deadbeats have arrived from all over the globe the last couple months to warm benches all throughout the leagues.
Ohhh semi controversial / political post.

Love it and agree

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There'd be folk giving the club **** if they waited for the work permit to be granted before checking he's fit enough to actually play

The injury to Sasa and this work permit issue is like manna from heaven for some after the inconvenience of a stunning transfer window

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He'll get the permit. Quite bloody obviously.

I don't know how some people cope with the rigors of day to day life, if they can get so angry by something like this.

Our free-spending owners don't make us appear tin pot. Our idiot fans do.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a massive exaggeration.
If we can’t get Costa or Carroll, relax……life will go on and we won’t be relegated.
I don’t share your confidence. At best we will go backwards - it’s a question of how far backwards.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score

I don't know how some people cope with the rigors of day to day life, if they can get so angry by something like this.

I'm just catching up on this thread since this morning, you're spot on mate. ...

Last edited by a moderator:

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know what you mean, but sometimes following Wolves is like watching a slow motion car crash.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggling to understand how there is a system that prevents one of the worlds most famous players of the last decade, who has also played in this country previously, from getting a work permit. Yet meanwhile dozens of deadbeats have arrived from all over the globe the last couple months to warm benches all throughout the leagues
Who are the deadbeats? Not trying to pick a fight just intrigued.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just need to get it done before a new Home Secretary turns up and decides to make it an example about how she is going to be tough on immigration.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Watson, self proclaimed guru on work permits in football post-Brexit, reckons he hasn't heard of a single case where appeal has been successful. Wasn't Traore approved on appeal?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Watson, self proclaimed guru on work permits in football post-Brexit, reckons he hasn't heard of a single case where appeal has been successful. Wasn't Traore approved on appeal?
Bruno was. It also depends what he means by appeal, we aren’t currently appealing we are applying to the panel because he doesn’t meet the automatic criteria.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has it been approved yet? On deadline day it was still subject to a permit.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t share your confidence. At best we will go backwards - it’s a question of how far backwards.
I have said I’m ’concerned’ about Bruno and yes, we might drop from 10th. a little bit.

I hold this view regardless of whether Sasa or Costa play because I have no idea how could they could be for us.

However, some positive signs.
Wolves spent big this window.
Wolves immediately trying to get replacement for Sasa.
World cup will slow down the league somewhat and January window is coming up fast.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know people are gnashing their teeth but I am fairly certain the club would have taken advice from Counsel before going down the Costa route. They would know he doesn’t meet the automatic criteria so would have got Counsel to advise the route through the panel. Whilst no guarantees Counsel would have given an indication of the chances for success and advise whether to proceed or not on the basis of that advice. It’s standard stuff.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know people are gnashing their teeth but I am fairly certain the club would have taken advice from Counsel before going down the Costa route. They would know he doesn’t meet the automatic criteria so would have got Counsel to advise the route through the panel. Whilst no guarantees Counsel would have given an indication of the chances for success and advise whether to proceed or not on the basis of that advice. It’s standard stuff.
I initially read this as “carousel” and thought that was what we were calling Mendes now.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you know how Government REALLY works as opposed to the Ladybird book version?
Wow. Some serious condescension there. OK, I'll bite.

For some industries, the Home Office passes responsibility for work permits/visas to accredited bodies. For example, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers deal with applications for mechanical engineers, the IET would deal with Electrical Technicians, RICS would deal with Building Surveyors.

In Football's case, responsibility for reviewing applications, issuing permits/visas, hearing appeals etc. rests with the FA, as they are authorised to do this on behalf of the Home Office. Although the Home Office sets the over-arching policy, the FA developed the rules, criteria and the processes.

I would be 99% certain that nobody from the Home Office or the UK Government has even seen Costa's application, never mind had anything to do with the decision-making and appeals process. It's handled by the FA panel.

So to answer your original question. I seem to have a better idea as to how Government REALLY works than you do.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty embarrassing if this is denied and we have to go for someone like Carroll
Hope we have done our homework and get the permit even if Costa is a failure,at least they tried something different
Obviously Wolves would prefer Costa but if he cant play for us, it’s hardly embarrassing…….stuff happens.
What could be embarrassing is if he is wearing a Wolves shirt and does something uncouth on tv.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Some serious condescension there. OK, I'll bite.

For some industries, the Home Office passes responsibility for work permits/visas to accredited bodies. For example, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers deal with applications for mechanical engineers, the IET would deal with Electrical Technicians, RICS would deal with Building Surveyors.

In Football's case, responsibility for reviewing applications, issuing permits/visas, hearing appeals etc. rests with the FA, as they are authorised to do this on behalf of the Home Office. Although the Home Office sets the over-arching policy, the FA developed the rules, criteria and the processes.

I would be 99% certain that nobody from the Home Office or the UK Government has even seen Costa's application, never mind had anything to do with the decision-making and appeals process. It's handled by the FA panel.

So to answer your original question. I seem to have a better idea as to how Government REALLY works than you do.
Wasn’t sure how this all works. Thx for the info.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty embarrassing if this is denied and we have to go for someone like Carroll
Hope we have done our homework and get the permit even if Costa is a failure,at least they tried something different
I laughed when Albion took Carroll... can you imagine the egg on our faces if that was to happen. Just to be linked to him is bad enough.

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this embarrassing?

Going for Costa should not be in the public domain. This is why Clubs try and keep these things confidential - this sort of thing will have gone on for years but nobody was embarrassed before Twitter existed.

I preferred the pre-social media World - it was far less disappointing!

Back
Top Bottom