Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dicko, Graham, Zyro

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming that all of these were fit, who do you think would be in the first XI? If any.
Much as I rate all of them, I don't see who currently drops out in the current style of play.
I think they may all struggle to get back in on a regular basis.
Injuries really have come at the worst possible time for them.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I think Graham is the best placed to come back into the squad at the expense of one of the Portuguese wingers. Initially he will be a sub but I think he has enough to prove he has a starting berth. Graham has goals but, the thing I think he chiefly possesses over Costa and Tex may well be consistency. Assuming he is no longer impaired by his injury in any way I do think he was showing signs of being a consistently good player whereas, Tex especially, is a little hit or miss.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Graham will have stiff competition, Dicko should be and Zyro could fit into that Bodvarsson role if required, perhaps even better so than Gladon.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Will be nice problems to have. Just think what options we'll have during the game. We need Dicko back as soon as he's up to speed the most

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Picking our strongest XI on paper, so excluding form, and assuming they come back the players they were, I'd definitely have Dicko in and probably Graham too.

Ikeme
Silvio-Iorfa-Batth-CBJ
Saiss
Tex-Prince
Graham-Dicko-Cavaleiro

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Price, Costa, Zyro & Bodvarsson.
That's not a bad 18!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a while since we had some good options in the attacking positions

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dropping the Bod is a bold move.
Granted, I'd like him to have notched a couple more goals after an explosive start, but he is developing into something of a talisman.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dropping the Bod is a bold move.
Granted, I'd like him to have notched a couple more goals after an explosive start, but he is developing into something of a talisman.
I think Bod has been brilliant but I'm a huge fan of Dicko though and, imo, Dicko will be the best striker in this league if he comes back as he was before.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bod has been brilliant but I'm a huge fan of Dicko though and, imo, Dicko will be the best striker in this league if he comes back as he was before.

Hope you're right, but that's a big if. We're also a very different team to the one he was used to

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have Costa RW and Graham LW. Didn't graham get an assist almost every game in a poorer team?
Not sure who I prefer Bod or Dicko, both are good enough for an automatic promotion push. The Dicko we know would probably get more goals. Weakest position is CB but that's not even that weak. What a difference to the start of the summer when we had about 15 senior players in total.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa has more pace than Graham?
Thoughts?

He probably does, didn't really realise how quick Costa was until Saturday. I think Graham probably has better end product than Tex & Costa, has shown to in his small time in our first team last season. It would be great to see what Graham could offer in a confident/winning side.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That tackle and breakaway for the first goal against Brentford was really something.
As it stands I would be tempted with Graham ahead of Cavaleiro though.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Hope you're right, but that's a big if. We're also a very different team to the one he was used to
Dicko (as much as I love him) was for me the least talented out of him, Sako and Afobe so why are we suggesting he will be the best striker in the league? Seems very odd to me.
Yes I want him to come back, but I think people will be disappointed

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
That tackle and breakaway for the first goal against Brentford was really something.
As it stands I would be tempted with Graham ahead of Cavaleiro though.
Why are people even talking about this?!! By the time Graham is fit, Cavaleiro will be fit, will have had months in English football and we will then see how good he is. You can't judge someone after about 100 minutes of football (in which he has scored!)

People on here haven't got a clue sometime

Me Babbies

Reaction score
He probably does, didn't really realise how quick Costa was until Saturday. I think Graham probably has better end product than Tex & Costa, has shown to in his small time in our first team last season. It would be great to see what Graham could offer in a confident/winning side.

For me it was how quick he runs with the ball at his feet, unlike players like Sako or Jarvis, who would kick the ball and chase it (very quickly) but they didn't dribble the ball as fast as Costa does

R

reanswolf

Not sure Graham will keep up to the standard he set himself. Also very poor at covering.
Dicko alongside BOD excites me.

D

Deleted member 4152

Picking our strongest XI on paper, so excluding form, and assuming they come back the players they were, I'd definitely have Dicko in and probably Graham too.

Ikeme
Silvio-Iorfa-Batth-CBJ
Saiss
Tex-Prince
Graham-Dicko-Cavaleiro

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Price, Costa, Zyro & Bodvarsson.
That's not a bad 18!

Blimey not bad at all eh

Could do with better back up keeper tho

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dicko must be getting very close to being included in the first team squad.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are people even talking about this?!! By the time Graham is fit, Cavaleiro will be fit, will have had months in English football and we will then see how good he is. You can't judge someone after about 100 minutes of football (in which he has scored!)

People on here haven't got a clue sometime

Calm down dear. I refer you to the "as it stands" - this is a theoretical discussion, based on if those three were all fit right now.
To spell it out....would Graham be in currently instead of testing the water with Cavaleiro.

People on here really do get their knickers in a twist over nothing sometimes

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dicko With Bod is a very exiting thought, but surely it would require us to go 442? I think the midfield pairing would be key to making it all fit together. Saiss and Prince may lack the creativity, but I think Saiss and Teixeira would leave us vulnerable??

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tex isn't a centre mid.

Cav cannot defend

For me it is

Ikeme
Doherty bath iorfa cbj
Saiss price
Costa dicko Graham
Bod

For those saying cav isn't up to speed yet , and will be class. We haven't seen it yet.

We have seen gra ham and going on what we have seen that's our beSt 11 IMHO .

Although I would be happy with tex or Costa in that attacking 3 right now . Both skillfull players

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dicko With Bod is a very exiting thought, but surely it would require us to go 442? I think the midfield pairing would be key to making it all fit together. Saiss and Prince may lack the creativity, but I think Saiss and Teixeira would leave us vulnerable??
That's a conundrum alright Jez...I think I am liking the current formation and set-up. Not sure how you can shoehorn Dicko in at present

M

merseawolf

I think Dicko and Bodvarrson must be given a go definatly at home. A slight change in formation but with Saiss playing deep 3 infront of him and the deadly duo upfront would cause the opposition more problems than what we offer going at teams from the off at the moment.
Saiss
Costa Prince Tex
Dicko Bodvarrson

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Dicko and Bodvarrson must be given a go definatly at home. A slight change in formation but with Saiss playing deep 3 infront of him and the deadly duo upfront would cause the opposition more problems than what we offer going at teams from the off at the moment.
Saiss
Costa Prince Tex
Dicko Bodvarrson

Tempting, but i feel that would either leave us a) without any width or b) if we do have width, easily overrun through the middle.

M

merseawolf

Tempting, but i feel that would either leave us a) without any width or b) if we do have width, easily overrun through the middle.
At home i feel we really must strive to be dominant and give the opposition more defending to do. Away from home i love the idea of playing on the break and being hard to beat. The width must be provided by the full backs having licence to get forward.

M

merseawolf

The handbrake must be fully released at home especially in games against teams we would be expected to beat. So important that we keep pace with the top 2 in the run up to Xmas. Cautious football must surely be a thing of the past once our quality players are up to speed. The thought of Graham and Dicko coming back is exciting too.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be worried that with a Bod-Dicko partnership that there would be a temptation to lump it forward looking for the flick on to run on to.
I'd much rather play with a 5 in midfield and one up top which I think provides all you're looking for without the detriment to the defence.
And in fact enables more attacking play which should worry the defenders, including greater potential for overlapping.

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
As good as Graham is , I dont think hes anywhere near the quality of Costa or Tex especially after a long harsh injury. As quick and tricky as he is I think his final delivery suffers.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any of the three players who manage to reach their pre-injury form would be a great asset to us.

M

merseawolf

As good as Graham is , I dont think hes anywhere near the quality of Costa or Tex especially after a long harsh injury. As quick and tricky as he is I think his final delivery suffers.
He certainly was the outstanding player last season from the attacking players. I cant wait to see what he can do with the new bunch of quality around him. Hopefully he can improve further. In my opinion he will have much more impact on the first team than Mason Wallace or Gladon.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as I love Dicko and Graham, I think Zyro will have the best chance. He like the new continentals we have looked so much more comfortable when in possession. Looked a real quality player, very skilful.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any of the three players who manage to reach their pre-injury form would be a great asset to us.
Agreed, though will they be happy to not necessarily be first choice? Not so much Zyro maybe, but the other two?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me only Graham would get into the Team, Dicko is without his mate and chief provider in Sako, as for Zyro i havent seen enough of him to comment, but its doubteful if he will be seen again this season, so it remains a doubt if he will ever pull on the Wolves shirt again for the first Team.. possibly another Boukari ??.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I love Dicko and Graham, I think Zyro will have the best chance. He like the new continentals we have looked so much more comfortable when in possession. Looked a real quality player, very skilful.

Hmmmm, you may be right on that one. Not something i'd thought of.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Dicko and Bod being played in the same 11. When Dicko is fully fit he will provide another option and I think the manager would go with one playing and one on the bench. Walter has persevered with his formation and it's starting to come good. I really don't see him changing it to accommodate two strikers.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Dicko and Bod being played in the same 11. When Dicko is fully fit he will provide another option and I think the manager would go with one playing and one on the bench. Walter has persevered with his formation and it's starting to come good. I really don't see him changing it to accommodate two strikers.

While you might be right the fact is we can't expect to play Bod' in every game, so a fully fit Dicko would be a great alternative.

Back
Top Bottom