Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Derby County - in administration

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard yesterday that they had agreed to a six point deduction. Is this part of the agreement?

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
you have to think the Championship is a precarious place to operate, especially without parachute payments. Rewind 5 years and we could easily have been dodging this if another owner showed up. Derby is a proper club with a proper history and fanbase, like Sunderland, that has languished for a long time. Can't imagine Rooney and Jagielka's wages help the balance sheet?

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"As the COVID-19 pandemic and lock down tightened their grip, the Club’s revenues and cash flow took a circa £20 million hit"
"A planned sale of the club and stadium that was due to close in January 2020 collapsed when the EFL was coerced into challenging the Stadium Sale transaction, a charge that would be dismissed some 9 months later. The ongoing litigation and charges in regard to the P&S regulations and the protracted timetable for this to reach a resolution, added further uncertainty and made negotiations challenging.

These issues also led the EFL to preclude the Club from drawing down circa £8.3 million of financial assistance, as was made available to all other Championship clubs in respect of settling PAYE liabilities, further aggravating our cash flow and ability to meet our financial obligations. Even today, we await the EFL’s response in these matters"

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard yesterday that they had agreed to a six point deduction. Is this part of the agreement?
Agreed to?

The rules should be a set amount. No negotiation.

I have zero sympathy for anyone but the fans

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did Man City
And you won't see me shedding a tear for either, they fiddled on their stadium, sold it to themselves and have consistently tried to hide the true and fair value of the club. They broke the rules and tried to commit fraud, so long Derby and good riddance.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed to?

The rules should be a set amount. No negotiation.

I have zero sympathy for anyone but the fans

Apparently they had been in discussions with the EFL and both parties agreed on a six point deduction.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for the fans, but Melvyn Morris has always pushed them financially, with signings that seem strange, Rooney wtf?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel genuinely sorry for Derby fans. As far as the club itself goes, I have none. We have to remember that Derby have been manipulating their accounts for years to cover up their over spend. Over spend which gave them an advantage over other clubs who followed the rules. I’m not wishing the club ill, but they got found out, and then had the karma of it happening at the worst possible moment.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not doubting you Frank, but the penalty should be a standard one for all clubs. No negotiations

Derby have been sailing choppy waters for years

Agreed. This is what was released yesterday I think:

'Representatives of Derby County are in talks with the EFL about a settlement over various financial breaches and an end to the dispute that has rumbled on since the club were initially charged in January 2020.

The EFL proposed a 12 point deduction, 3 of which would be suspended, to cover any breaches from accounts still to be submitted. They also want Derby to agree to a business plan.

However Derby owner Mel Morris said the punishment would be too heavy, and suggested a 6 point deduction, which the EFL tentatively agreed to.'

I agree it is wrong, but that was what was going to happen. Though I presume that is all out of the window now

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the end of them then.There's no way they can claw back 21 points.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard one but I know a player that was on their books, Derby knew what was coming and a lot is self inflicted. I hate seeing a founder member in trouble but Mel Morris is at fault. Foreign investment that was never realistic but he carried on anyway. They should get a 10 point penalty as that’s only consistent

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They may well have done but Derby are a proper club with history. Feel sorry for their fans.
Yeah, the fans were really up in arms during the years the club was obviously fiddling the books and they were hoping to buy their way out of the league with fraudulant accounts, they really were absolutely livid with it.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wages for 2014 = £16 million.
Wages for 2018 = £47 Million.

Nearly trebled in just 4 years.

Already facing a 9 point deduction on which Rooney stated earlier today that he could cope with because he believed Derby would be able to claw that back and stay up.

Now facing a further 12 point deduction, don't think Derby will claw that back as well.

Feel sorry for the true fans of Derby with the total mismanagement of their club.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
man City - 100m on grealish would have bought Kane at 150m in the same transfer window
Chelsea - Lukaku 100m
Derby in administration
What absolute nonsense ffp is

Well, FFP is to stop people spending money they don't have, so Man City splashing cash isn't really relevant!

Back
Top Bottom