Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Darren Moore gone

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is more to this than just results, its probbly also down to finances, remember the Boggies borrowed £10 million in the transfer window to bolster there push for promotion, it also shows how fortunate we were in getting "Fosun" as our owners the Boggies owner doesnt have unlimited funds, Dr Tony messed up at the Vile, and in the meantime we are streets ahead of both of them on the pitch :D.
Moore has placed to much faith in the Jones bloke who masterminded the tactics used in games, they began the season playing three at the back, then they went to a flat back 4, now no-one seems to know what they are supposed to be playing including the players :D, playing Dwight Gayle out wide has been one of the biggest mysteries for all the supporters, Moore seems a nice bloke but is very limited tactically, and paid the price for relying on his backroom staff to much.. Meantime we "The Wolves" continue to carry the flag for the whole of the West Midlands. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m going to get my tin helmet .... I think he’s a damn nice guy and very much a gentleman. I’d be very happy if we could find him a job here. Perhaps with the u 18’s
I feel very sorry for him
He really is. Played against him twice but the second time he hit me fairly hard and I reacted in a stupid way and he tried to pick me up by my throat. .........

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruthless but probably the correct decision. Booed off today so wasnt really looking the part to win the playoffs. I don't think it will go down well with the squad though or a significant chunk of fans. Going to need a big character to turn that round.

E

E is for idiot.

He really is. Played against him twice but the second time he hit me fairly hard and I reacted in a stupid way and he tried to pick me up by my throat. .........

I used to coach at a club his nephew played for. He came and did the presentation evening a few times and he was always a really nice bloke. His brother was a really nice bloke as well.

E

edwolf

I don't care, I've got to say this. It is just plain stupid to sack Darren Moore now. Their statement said that he had to get promotion this year, (in so many words, different ones to mine, I've had a drink but you get the gist.). What was my point? oh yeh! The season is not over. They're still 4th. Who are they going to get now who will magically get them automatic promotion? Nobody. They might get a bloke who will get them into the play-offs, wait a minute, ain't they in that position now? What was the question?

D

Deleted member 3751

Should never have given him the job, bowed to fan pressure. Sacking him now though is ridiculous... and hilarious!

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they go the same way as Birmingham City did after they sacked Rowett.

Dropped down the league like a sack of full of lead and never recovered :-D

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lee Johnson early favourite. Jokanovic 2nd?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruthless but probably the correct decision. Booed off today so wasnt really looking the part to win the playoffs. I don't think it will go down well with the squad though or a significant chunk of fans. Going to need a big character to turn that round.
Booed off by the greatest fans in the world? The ones who always get behind their team, manager and players 100%, unlike us. Are you sure about this?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booed off by the greatest fans in the world? The ones who always get behind their team, manager and players 100%, unlike us. Are you sure about this?
I know it's laughable. Almost losing to a bottom of the league Lambert team was ultimately too much to bear.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He could be Tim Flowers’ Assistant at Solihull Moors.

D

Deleted member 4594

That squad shouldn’t be 10 points off automatic, getting humped at Leeds and drawing at home to the worst side in the league. Nice chap, but I doubt he’ll manage at that level again.

Still got my fingers crossed they miss out on the play offs.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s only a good decision if they have someone lined up and ready to replace him straight away. The fact that they have sacked his coaches as well seems to indicate that they know what they are doing. But if they have pulled the trigger like Morgan/Moxey did to Mick without the slightest plan in place then it’s an extremely poor decision. Saying that, I never rated Moore and thought the decision to make him the permanent manager at he start of he season was a poor and lazy decision to start with and one brought about by Moore getting a bounce from the removal of Pardew who had sucked the life out the club. There are some good managers out there without jobs who know how to get out the Chanpinship and could be a very good fit for them.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Wagner's name has been mentioned. I think he is a big ****...
29ll1tg.jpg

Kraut...? ;)

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That squad shouldn’t be 10 points off automatic, getting humped at Leeds and drawing at home to the worst side in the league. Nice chap, but I doubt he’ll manage at that level again.

Still got my fingers crossed they miss out on the play offs.

Although we lost home and away to the worst side in the league so let's sack Nuno!! Sorry bright, couldn't resist!

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People keep telling me he was the brains and Moore was just a front man. So shocked he’s gone as well.
I watched their cup game against Brighton and when it went to extra time they did their team talks on the pitch and the cameras went in.
Jones did all of the talking and Moore was almost standing outside the circle being unrecognised by players and not saying anything. He looked like one of the peripheral staff in that one minute snippet.
It was embarrassing to watch in all honesty

W

Wolfgang Wolf

Drew at home to the bottom club - so did we last season, lost away to them as well.
Didn't sack Nuno though.
Heck of a gamble at this stage of the season when they look odds on for the playoffs.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand that West Bromwich Albion will be unveiling their new manager this morning:

Diane Abbott looks set take over at the Hawthorns until the end of the season so it will always remain mathematically possible they can get automatic promotion...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drew at home to the bottom club - so did we last season, lost away to them as well.
Didn't sack Nuno though.
Heck of a gamble at this stage of the season when they look odds on for the playoffs.
We were odds on for automatic at this stage last season. The ignorant arrogant six fingered monkeys down the road thought that they'd do the same..

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Who’s it gonna be? Jokanobic would be good. Hate that Lee Johnson so in a way he’s a perfect match for them lol

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it I was watching their progress and hand on heart they were drifting towards a play-off place at best, and as we have seen so often, if the return to the PL isn't done almost immediately it could mean huge financial problems and a very long stay in the Championship.
Nice bloke? Agreed. However, there are lots of those fellows about but that's not what they are paid for.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s it gonna be? Jokanobic would be good. Hate that Lee Johnson so in a way he’s a perfect match for them lol
Jokanovic will have better offers in the summer where he’ll actually have money to spend. Silly if he goes there. Likewise Wagner, although probably to a smaller extent. Hearing Moyes name mentioned, I don’t think he’d be too bad actually, he’s always been better without money.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Name me one Wolves fan who'd willingly go into that ****hole unless we were playing there..
Did it as a school kid with a school mate Baggies fan. The complete idiot I was at the time. Can't understand why I went. I think it was them v Leeds. Always remember Carlton Palmer being head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. That's how bad it was..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jokanovic will have better offers in the summer where he’ll actually have money to spend. Silly if he goes there. Likewise Wagner, although probably to a smaller extent. Hearing Moyes name mentioned, I don’t think he’d be too bad actually, he’s always been better without money.
Megson for the 58th time lol

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched their cup game against Brighton and when it went to extra time they did their team talks on the pitch and the cameras went in.
Jones did all of the talking and Moore was almost standing outside the circle being unrecognised by players and not saying anything. He looked like one of the peripheral staff in that one minute snippet.
It was embarrassing to watch in all honesty
I noticed this as well. It gave the impression that Moore was the public face of their management but that Jones was doing all of the work.

I hope they don’t get Jokanovic.

Back
Top Bottom