Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dario Osorio, not yet signed...

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I don’t personally know a single fan who thinks this was a wise investment when we were crying out for a goalscorer .I accept he was/is an investment for the future but we have been crying out for a goalscorer for 2 years for the here and now and as it stands he has failed to deliver.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t personally know a single fan who thinks this was a wise investment when we were crying out for a goalscorer .I accept he was/is an investment for the future but we have been crying out for a goalscorer for 2 years for the here and now and as it stands he has failed to deliver.
Leave it out. You've repeated yourself 3 times about Fabio Silva on a thread relating to something totally different.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Were we or Jeff expecting anything from the deal so soon? ………doubt it.
So why buy such an experienced player at that price when we were in desperate need of a goalscorer.Football is about the here and now and not some mythical date in the future

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point was spending £35M on an untried youngster in the first place .I and many fans feel the same
Yes but Wolves had all the data to make that decision whereas we didn’t. Many fans were rushing to judgement on that whole deal.
The great thing about the deal is that finally Wolves could afford to take a gamble on a very young player.
For years we had to recycle beer and pop cans and use Green Shield stamps to buy players……now we have real money.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Leave it out. You've repeated yourself 3 times about Fabio Silva on a thread relating to something totally different.
I’m glad you are happy with the deal .I made the point that the Chilean player would be a far more realistic price so no I won’t leave it out .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why buy such an experienced player at that price when we were in desperate need of a goalscorer.Football is about the here and now and not some mythical date in the future
You right but all clubs have to look and find tomorrow’s talent.

Don’t think about the price……thats a mugs game. All that matters is how good he becomes.
If he’s not fantastic, , we’ll still get £20 or £25 m for him somewhere.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
You right but all clubs have to look and find tomorrow’s talent.

Don’t think about the price……thats a mugs game. All that matters is how good he becomes.
If he’s not fantastic, , we’ll still get £20 or £25 m for him somewhere.
I hope he comes back and proves us wrong but the jury is out .£35M was a hell of a gamble

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Fernandez he’s made a sensible career decision. I’m not saying that as anti-Wolves but he now gets a season, possibly two, in Europe’s shop window instead of coming straight into the PL and being expected to succeed.

He's already on Liverpool's radar after just a few months at Benfica apparently. We're gonna feel extra **** when they get like £60m for him in the summer.

Reactions: Ned

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but Wolves had all the data to make that decision whereas we didn’t. Many fans were rushing to judgement on that whole deal.
The great thing about the deal is that finally Wolves could afford to take a gamble on a very young player.
For years we had to recycle beer and pop cans and use Green Shield stamps to buy players……now we have real money.
Amazing how many of the folk who slate us for signing Fabio also bleated that we hadn't pursued João Felix.....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s hope that Costa can score some goals in the meantime
I don’t like that we’re banking so much on just one player to ‘right-the-ship’ but at this point, nothing else is working.
Even if he doesn’t score many goals, he still may be a positive catalyst for the squad……even in training.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were we or Jeff expecting anything from the deal so soon? ………doubt it.

I think We ( the fans, Jeff, the club...... and Fabio) were expecting our £35m signing would be a regular in the Wolves first team by his 3rd season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just to see if I can push @Jonzy54 over the edge, from the original BBC article when he signed ....

This is a major piece of business for Wolves.
To put it into context, the fee is roughly twice as much as Borussia Dortmund paid for Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland

I mean, he might still turn out to be twice as good as Haaland, let's not rush to judgement.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess rank & file still haven't worked out how the Mendes carousel works, whilst we are in bed with Jorge we will overpay for some, underpay for others and sign players that normally we wouldn't be able to.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting back to topic. Internet rumours this morning seem to put us in a list of club's "interested" in Osorio, rather than having actually signed him. Could be far from done.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess rank & file still haven't worked out how the Mendes carousel works, whilst we are in bed with Jorge we will overpay for some, underpay for others and sign players that normally we wouldn't be able to.
yeh we got Moutinho for 5m - kinda balances it out doesnt it

depends what your narrative is...

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore 18m
Cutrone 17m

All looks like tipped down the drain this season there will be more too that leave for next to nothing…

But for every Cutrone you’ve got a Jota, or a Neves or a Neto that have sold or will sell for much more than we paid for them.

You win on some and lose on others, I’d say we’re up overall which is the main thing.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Getting back to topic. Internet rumours this morning seem to put us in a list of club's "interested" in Osorio, rather than having actually signed him. Could be far from done.
Probably nearer the truth

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
This. The money is irrelevant

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But for every Cutrone you’ve got a Jota, or a Neves or a Neto that have sold or will sell for much more than we paid for them.

You win on some and lose on others, I’d say we’re up overall which is the main thing.
Maybe we’d benefit from having a table, where people have worked out which clubs have overpaid for their transfers overall and which haven’t.
Oh yes, there was, just days ago, with us very much at the good end.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not really the point I was trying to make. Obviously we have signed good players previously it’s always disappointing to lose money on transfers. Such as Traore won’t sign a new deal value for the 18m absolutely. Interesting how the table shows in the future. We can’t win them all. Would you trust Lage with another 100m??

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really the point I was trying to make. Obviously we have signed good players previously it’s always disappointing to lose money on transfers. Such as Traore won’t sign a new deal value for the 18m absolutely. Interesting how the table shows in the future. We can’t win them all. Would you trust Lage with another 100m??
Lage didn’t spend the last £100m, he’s the coach not the manager so gets a say but doesn’t make the deals.

And to be fair, I’m happy with how the £100m was spent, I’m pleased with Nunes, Collins, and Traore. I think Guedes will come good and Kalajdzic, whilst I’m disappointed he’s injured, at £15m is hardly an earth shattering fee for a striker and can still come good once he recovers.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Your point was about cutrone and traore neither were signed by Bruno. He doesn’t make the final decision anyway .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Tricky though. You're going to lose money on players (unless they are great spots) once their contracts start to run down. Obviously you can try to get them to sign, but you can't make them. So Cutrone was a bad signing, Traore has decided he'd rather take the money he can get as a free agent and there really isn't much we can do.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Also note he's actually called Dario Esteban Osorio Osorio (so good they named him twice?)... as both his maternal and paternal Surnames were Osorio.

And he started his youth career at Santiago Wanderers.

Clearly made for us.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Also note he's actually called Dario Esteban Osorio Osorio (so good they named him twice?)... as both his maternal and paternal Surnames were Osorio.

And he started his youth career at Santiago Wanderers.

Clearly made for us.
Sounds like me trying to get onto a crowded bus. Oh, sorry, oh. Oh, sorry, oh.

Back
Top Bottom