Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dario Osorio, not yet signed...

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone with a bigger brain than mine explain how this can happen outside of the window?
It could be signed “in principle” with an effective date of when the window opens.

It’s irrelevant though, he hasn’t signed

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone with a bigger brain than mine explain how this can happen outside of the window?
We can agree to sign him but it can’t happen until the window opens.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope it's true but after what happened with both Marquinhos and Enzo Fernandez (we're really going to regret not going for this one in particular) I'll wait for official confirmation before getting too excited!
I don’t think we can regret Fernandez because he didn’t want to sign

Reactions: Ian

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we pulled out as we didn’t want to wait until january?
That was what was originally reported but then a month or so ago it said we are going to make another move for him in January or summer 2023 as when we tried to buy him this summer we were unaware he had already agreed to sign for Benfica

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Fernandez he’s made a sensible career decision. I’m not saying that as anti-Wolves but he now gets a season, possibly two, in Europe’s shop window instead of coming straight into the PL and being expected to succeed.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Fernandez he’s made a sensible career decision. I’m not saying that as anti-Wolves but he now gets a season, possibly two, in Europe’s shop window instead of coming straight into the PL and being expected to succeed.
In his and most other people's eyes he went to the bigger club and he always has the option of moving to a more prestigious league, like the Premier League in future, but again potentially to a bigger club than Wolves. Can't really blame him, or our recruitment team for that.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have no idea if he will sign but the fee being mooted is far more in compass than what we paid for Silva. I haven’t given up on Silva and hopefully he comes back a better player but the thing is we needed a striker particularly after Raul’s injury and having paid around £35M for him he is merely an asset on the books and we aren’t getting anything out of him in the here and now .I wonder if Jeff Shi ever questions the decision?

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have no idea if he will sign but the fee being mooted is far more in compass than what we paid for Silva. I haven’t given up on Silva and hopefully he comes back a better player but the thing is we needed a striker particularly after Raul’s injury and having paid around £35M for him he is merely an asset on the books and we aren’t getting anything out of him in the here and now .I wonder if Jeff Shi ever questions the decision?
Osorio is currently more of a winger than a striker (again!) albeit one who scores a few goals (6 in 20 matches) and doesn't seem to get assists. Mind you, he's only 18 and could well turn out to be a deadly striker.

EDIT: I certainly agree with your main point about the fee.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Osorio is currently more of a winger than a striker (again!) albeit one who scores a few goals (6 in 20 matches) and doesn't seem to get assists. Mind you, he's only 18 and could well turn out to be a deadly striker.
Let’s hope so

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you need to be pretty headstrong to have reached the levels Jeff has in business. I'm not sure he loses sleep over it :rolleyes:

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he join u23s or is he one for the first team squad?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope it's true but after what happened with both Marquinhos and Enzo Fernandez (we're really going to regret not going for this one in particular) I'll wait for official confirmation before getting too excited!

Yes, the negative of this situation means I won't count my chickens until he's pictures holding our shirt!

But the positives are that we are clearly identifying talent in South America. When players are linked that have previously been linkd with your Man City's and Juventus's, I take it with a pinch of salt as potential agent talk to increase demand.

But Marquinhos and Enzo are living proof that maybe some of this talent does live up to the hype. Marquinhos has looked very good in his limited cameos for Arsenal and Enzo Fernandez is already being linked with Liverpool after a great start for Benfica.

Quietly excited by this one. I think it would give us much better balance in the wide areas too, as a left-footed right winger, Osario is a much better backup/challenger/potential long-term replacement for Neto.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He’s having a good season out playing senior football which can bode well in the medium and long term
I’m glad he is but we paid £35M for him and at this moment in time when we can’t score a goal for love nor money we aren’t getting a thing from the deal

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m glad he is but we paid £35M for him and at this moment in time when we can’t score a goal for love nor money we aren’t getting a thing from the deal
He's getting experience. Let's not forget he contributed very little last season (0 goals to be exact), yes he didn't play a great deal but he wasn't offering enough. The Belgian league is ranked as the 13th best in the world, and he's scored 5 goals in 11 appearances including the Europa Conference League. He absolutely needed this loan, he wouldn't have been an upgrade on either Diego Costa (when he's fit) or Hwang, who everyone loves to scapegoat, but isn't nearly as bad as most make him out to be.

Nobody could have foreseen Raul picking up a long term injury, and for our new striker to do his ACL in his first 45 minutes (although that appears to have been down to negligence, and his injury record prior to signing was there for all to see). The toughest period for us is going to be between now and the World Cup, 8 games. 3 of those games without Nathan Collins, I suspect Diego Costa isn't going to be fully fit or close to it, and Jimenez is likely having surgery again.

If scoring continues to be a problem in the next 8 games, we might get caught adrift 15 games in. It's going to be rough, but I don't think Fabio Silva would have magically been the answer to our problems, and keeping a £35m 20 year old in our reserves as third choice (which he would have been at the time) would have been negligence.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He's getting experience. Let's not forget he contributed very little last season (0 goals to be exact), yes he didn't play a great deal but he wasn't offering enough. The Belgian league is ranked as the 13th best in the world, and he's scored 5 goals in 11 appearances including the Europa Conference League. He absolutely needed this loan, he wouldn't have been an upgrade on either Diego Costa (when he's fit) or Hwang, who everyone loves to scapegoat, but isn't nearly as bad as most make him out to be.

Nobody could have foreseen Raul picking up a long term injury, and for our new striker to do his ACL in his first 45 minutes (although that appears to have been down to negligence, and his injury record prior to signing was there for all to see). The toughest period for us is going to be between now and the World Cup, 8 games. 3 of those games without Nathan Collins, I suspect Diego Costa isn't going to be fully fit or close to it, and Jimenez is likely having surgery again.

If scoring continues to be a problem in the next 8 games, we might get caught adrift 15 games in. It's going to be rough, but I don't think Fabio Silva would have magically been the answer to our problems, and keeping a £35m 20 year old in our reserves as third choice (which he would have been at the time) would have been negligence.
My point was spending £35M on an untried youngster in the first place .I and many fans feel the same

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not ready, he was a long term investment and like all long term investments you need patience for them to come to fruition.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore 18m
Cutrone 17m

All looks like tipped down the drain this season there will be more too that leave for next to nothing…

Osario is probably good enough for first team action

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point was spending £35M on an untried youngster in the first place .I and many fans feel the same
I agree it was a mistake, and I'm never sure he'll ever be worth that price tag. We needed more proven competition to Raul, but they got complacent. We can only hope this loan spell will unlock his potential and he'll come back a different player next year, but I'm still not convinced.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's more ready than anybody we had available. You've got to make a breakthrough at some point.
We didn’t have the injuries before he went on loan. Fully fit squad and he’d be 3rd choice forward in a team who play one centrally. How does that help his development getting absolutely zero playing time?

Back
Top Bottom