Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Daniel Podence

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but if he is supposedly as good as people are making themselves believe he is, then why hasn’t he been in the Olympiacos side the past 5 games or more??

Injured for the first four, fifth game he was back in training but left out because we had a bid accepted.

ADBS65

Reaction score
I’m wondering if we do sign him, whether Nuno is looking at him to play in a CAM role to give Neves or Moutinho a rest, or where we need a different solution as teams like Newcastle get behind the ball and play deep?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto has already shown he's comfortable to cover the CAM role if and when required. I think with Podence we're very much talking about a wide man, both sides, but someone who if going to be most comfortable with chalk on his shoes. In time maybe Nuno will look to see if he can give him a new position, but with Neto, and MGW and the possible emergence of Perry with the option of pushing Moutinho in CAM when we use it we have plenty of options if we change to that formation

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto has already shown he's comfortable to cover the CAM role if and when required. I think with Podence we're very much talking about a wide man, both sides, but someone who if going to be most comfortable with chalk on his shoes. In time maybe Nuno will look to see if he can give him a new position, but with Neto, and MGW and the possible emergence of Perry with the option of pushing Moutinho in CAM when we use it we have plenty of options if we change to that formation

Is Perry decent?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Perry decent?
Watched him again yesterday against Leeds and I think he's the most first team ready player in our U23 side. Previous he's been used as part of a midfield 3 or a front 3 but showed yesterday he can also play in the midfield two as well now

Getting better and better and you can see he's learning and modelling his game on the great Joao Moutinho, even takes corners like him. I'd like to see him get a few more chances off the bench before now and the end of the season and then kick on as a full time member of the 1st team squad next season

He's going to make it this lad I believe

S

ShropshireLad

From Birmingham Live 04:00, 25 JAN 2020:
Daniel Podence is set to fly to England in the next two days, ahead of his big-money transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to reports.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched him again yesterday against Leeds and I think he's the most first team ready player in our U23 side. Previous he's been used as part of a midfield 3 or a front 3 but showed yesterday he can also play in the midfield two as well now

Getting better and better and you can see he's learning and modelling his game on the great Joao Moutinho, even takes corners like him. I'd like to see him get a few more chances off the bench before now and the end of the season and then kick on as a full time member of the 1st team squad next season

He's going to make it this lad I believe

I think it was on the China trip against Newcastle when i first saw this kid, even then he looked comfortable on the ball, Im not going to say whose replacement he may eventually be ;), but as you say he already has the corner kick shuffle just needs to add the rest of it to his game, still a long way to go just needs to keep his head down, work hard, and try to take in all that the backroom staff try to teach him..

Meanwhile back on thread Podence is small but im told by my missus who is under 5ft, great things come in small packages.. :D

Sidaway

Reaction score
If you think about it logically, we actually have no idea if he actually had his medical on Friday. If he did, then they’d spend the weekend doing all the media duties ready for training Monday. Chill out.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont even think he has had a medical yet. If he had it would get out in the media like the Campana one did.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont even think he has had a medical yet. If he had it would get out in the media like the Campana one did.

Sky said yesterday that if personal terms were agreed it was going to be early next week.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure mate. Didn't someone get the boot for leaking that??

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campana was a low-profile u23 signing compared to Podence
I think the problem is - that's all we have to date. A low profile U23 .
Fans get jittery , until its in the bag.
We all want some oven ready signings.

R

reanswolf

The longer it is delayed the more the possibility of potential issues..........the other club will want it done so they can buy a replacement.
Also leaves things open for other clubs to come in, though with Uncle Jorge at the wheel that shouldn't happen.

I'm not worried, but is just seems to be dragging on.

M

Mr Wolf

I’d like him to sign in time so he can be in the Man Utd squad. Always a potential it’s already done on paper we’re just going to give it one of them proper announcements, promo’s & all that.

Also worth considering it’s Chinese New Year, that may cause delays behind the scenes or waiting to hit peak audience etc.

Sidaway

Reaction score
For all we know, he could have signed. Look at all the leaked stuff the day or so before Campana signed.

Back
Top Bottom