Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our lack of quality on the ball in central midfield is going to put this defence under huge pressure.. Lemina and Gomes do well at winning the ball, but it’s no good if you give it straight back to them.

B Traore looked well off it also.
Absolutely this. There is so much I like about Lemmy and Gomes but their ball retention and distribution for short passes is woeful.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the most shots Crystal Palace have had in a top flight game since they were promoted back to the PL

Shurley shome mishtake? That had 24 shots against Sheff Utd all of 3 weeks ago. So we're better than Sheff U, at least.

<EDIT> shots on target, perhaps?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Hobbs is on the golf course .

Oh well only 5 months till Jeff's next Comms to the fans on FFP .

I just look at today and think my season ticket went up for actually what exactly?

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If Semedo starts another game in defence, I give up!
He can’t defend for toffee. He’s a liabilty.
Clearly at fault for another goal at Selhurst Park - remember the ones he was at fault last season there.

Kilman just stood and watched their third goal.
Terrible defending.
He is so overrated, he has no right foot, once he’s turned, he’s ****ed.

The whole defence needs shaking up.
Eg.Toti has a helluva lot more fight and determination than those today.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly at fault for another goal at Selhurst Park - remember the ones he was at fault last season there.

Terrible defending.

Kilman the only one actually trying to defend the third goal.. Dawson is still stood there looking for his man.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Terrible defending.

I can't actually believe Napoli wanted to pay £30m for Kilman, almost up there with bidding £30m for an unproven kid from the Portuguese league. Almost.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is Doherty not playing, hes much better than semedo . He gets caught out so many times cannot cut out a cross and offers nothing going forward,it's a no brained.

I’m not sure about that. He would have been cut to shreds defensively against their pacey forwards. I might have considered bringing him on late when we were chasing the game as offensively he offers far more.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Jesus wept. When was the last time we got anything from palace? Up there with Brighton as a bogey team

Move on swiftly.
It's not the point to write off a game and leaving with zero points because it's a bogey team.

The manner of the defeat and the ease of the goals we are conceded are worrying.

Our defence was a strength of ours last year but we look way off it at the back. Combine that with a lack of genuine threat at the other end is a concern.

Big few weeks to address this, and if we don't what exactly are we moving onto? Being a team scrapping for points here and there without any purpose in the way we play?

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can a manager instill confidence when can't look people in the eye

Just watching the Ten Hag interview, his players can't have any confidence either then as he looks people on the eye less than GON.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
We won’t be the first team to lose a game away from home. I was quite encouraged by how we played in the first half. I’m surprised at the defeatism from many of the otherwise lovely forum contributors. I don’t see how it helps morale. Perhaps I’m too old-fashioned…

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that’s the summarisation of our ability on the ball.. we have no choice but to go to 5 at the back again.

Getting it wide and getting the crosses in.. zero creativity through the middle.. there is no point in having that extra man in attack.

Secure up the defence and then try and add a bit of pace to the attack..

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No real urgency, conviction, or belief in a lot of our players today.

Any decent side would have ripped Palace apart.

No leader out there on the pitch.

If we’re counting on Silva up front for our goals, we’re ****ed on this showing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful. Performances getting worse and worse each week.

Only positives were Neto and Lemina, and Sa making some decent saves.

Genuinely think we go down this year.

Unfortunately so true, and if that doesn’t worry even the most positive of posters, then I don’t know what will. God knows what we will look like once GO has had two weeks to work with (some of) the squad.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t be the first team to lose a game away from home. I was quite encouraged by how we played in the first half. I’m surprised at the defeatism from many of the otherwise lovely forum contributors. I don’t see how it helps morale. Perhaps I’m too old-fashioned…
With regards to morale I doubt players are effected by what MolMix viewers think.

I agree we played okay in the first half. At least defensively. We still had no idea what to do in the final Third though.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad a result, palace is a difficult place to go to. Some good things about the performance, particularly how well we won the ball back in midfield but it was worrying how tired we looked defending for the totally defendable 3rd goal.
Good that Cunha got off the mark, but really the game was dead at that point. We need to be more positive in the final third.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will struggle to beat Luton.
In all honesty we'll struggle to beat any team at Premier League level.

That's not to say we won't eek out some wins, we did at Everton thanks to a superb goalkeeping display, but we just aren't a very good team that will have the quality to coolly win any matches.

It's been this way for several years now and downgrading the quality of the players available and the coaching staff is obviously only going to further worsen our situation but Fosun have set the agenda.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Culture shock.... think that the players' families and friends had a bit of an eye-opener. I was two seats away from Sasa's OH (she had a Wolves envelope with his name on it in her hand - presumably tickets). A load of other pretty girls with designer sunglasses and handbags around.... lots of Chinese people too.

.... and right next to them some of the South Bank's finest suggesting that the referee played with himself or didn't know his father lol.... Their faces when we were given a free kick and a shout of "You're still a ****ing ****er" started...

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I entirely agree with you!

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally i thought there was alot right with it..just need to score when on top in 1st half...becomes a different game..i think dawson needs swapping out for the new lad...need some pace back there..defence not good at all 2nd half..nice to see cunha score

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Culture shock.... think that the players' families and friends had a bit of an eye-opener. I was two seats away from Sasa's OH (she had a Wolves envelope with his name on it in her hand - presumably tickets). A load of other pretty girls with designer sunglasses and handbags around.... lots of Chinese people too.

.... and right next to them some of the South Bank's finest suggesting that the referee played with himself or didn't know his father lol.... Their faces when we were given a free kick and a shout of "You're still a ****ing ****er" started...
I feel sorry for them, in a way.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole defence deserve to lose a week’s wages after that!

Decent first half and nice to score twice away for the first time since Southampton, but to concede three that easily is absolutely unacceptable.

Nelson again for two of the goals was disgraceful and he needs dropping. Pablo and Pedro both created virtually nothing and once again, why are so stale in hitting in it a good position?!

The phrase “stick it through the laces” needs drilling in the lads. Headers are nice, but all 4 goals being off the feet is extremely worrying.

At least we are creating more and scoring more, with 8 goals scored in these last 3 games and nice to range a scorers too.

Hope those not on international duty get given double sessions in training and hope we give 5 at the back a go, considering how Tuesday went.

Let’s hope Liverpool on my Birthday is better and P.S: the Ref was 90% incapable and hopeless. He needs dropping!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful. Performances getting worse and worse each week.

Only positives were Neto and Lemina, and Sa making some decent saves.

Genuinely think we go down this year.
A reality check for those praising our business in the window... I just hope that the new signings are bloody good!

Edited to add: The JL effect fading and "Gazball" (to quote some Mixers) taking over.... It really ain't looking good.

Last edited:

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
It's going to get worse, this team is way worse than the one that was rock bottom when Bruno Lage was sacked and I'd say lage was a better manager than Gary O'Neil. Fosun have seriously messed up here, no amount of cheap players in the last day of the transfer window will make a difference now. How fosun/shi can gamble that 3 teams will be worse than us after they have ripped the guts out of the club is beyond words.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad a result, palace is a difficult place to go to. Some good things about the performance, particularly how well we won the ball back in midfield but it was worrying how tired we looked defending for the totally defendable 3rd goal.
Good that Cunha got off the mark, but really the game was dead at that point. We need to be more positive in the final third.

It wasn’t so difficult in April when we won 2-0.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole defence deserve to lose a week’s wages after that!

Decent first half and nice to score twice away for the first time since Southampton, but to concede three that easily is absolutely unacceptable.

Nelson again for two of the goals was disgraceful and he needs dropping. Pablo and Pedro both created virtually nothing and once again, why are so stale in hitting in it a good position?!

The phrase “stick it through the laces” needs drilling in the lads. Headers are nice, but all 4 goals being off the feet is extremely worrying.

At least we are creating more and scoring more, with 8 goals scored in these last 3 games and nice to range a scorers too.

Hope those not on international duty get given double sessions in training and hope we give 5 at the back a go, considering how Tuesday went.

Let’s hope Liverpool on my Birthday is better and P.S: the Ref was 90% incapable and hopeless. He needs dropping!
Pedro got 2 assists? WTF..

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This team needs belief and strategy backed by individual tactics. Mentally they are not in a good place. You could train to hem to death to see who will fight and play some under 21s (if it won't destroy them) for a couple games to see who had hungry and has the strength to dig in
Most of them are good enough but can drop their heads when adversity strikes.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to get worse, this team is way worse than the one that was rock bottom when Bruno Lage was sacked and I'd say lage was a better manager than Gary O'Neil. Fosun have seriously messed up here, no amount of cheap players in the last day of the transfer window will make a difference now. How fosun/shi can gamble that 3 teams will be worse than us after they have ripped the guts out of the club is beyond words.
I fear that you may well be right.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How can a manager instill confidence when can't look people in the eye
Did you see in one of the youtube videos introducing the new player on the steps at Compton.. he didn't look like the boss more like he was one of the media team. Bearly looked up at the player...

Back
Top Bottom