Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Body language of players also awful for large parts of the second half I thought and several looked out on their arses whilst Palace players looked fitter and ran rings around us.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FT 3-2. Can't really complain, Palace would have felt hard done by with the draw I think. I'd have taken it, though!

Last year, our paucity in attack was frightening but in 23/24 it's the defence that truly concerns me. We're so passive, tentative and we're such a soft touch it's not true. Our defenders get beaten to the ball so often, attackers nipping in front of them to score. Really, really worrying. Hopefully S Bueno is a little more proactive...

I still don't really have a clear, discernible idea of our desired pattern of play although it's good to see that scoring from wide crosses is an option to us. We still have a startling lack of central creativity. By "lack", I mean that we don't have any of course!

MOTM: Neto I guess. He at least looked aggressive and creative.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know next to **** all about these 4 new guys but I hope their good otherwise we are ****ed
Of course they arent. They cost nothing. Wont make any difference. We are a bottom 5 squad and have a bottom 5 coach. Luton is a 6 pointer just like everton

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defence switches off for 2 of their goals and until then I thought we looked decent but not threatening.
Lemmy and Gomes great at winning the ball back, almost as good at giving it straight back. Neto far better on the left. Silva looked as bad as I have seen him which is a worry. Hwang at least knows where the net is. Too much faffing around trying to craft opportunities rather than shooting. Not a pretty watch, but I still think there are at least 3 sides worse than us this season

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
3-2 sounds like an exciting game, but it was turgid rubbish. Especially from us. We controlled the game quite well at times, yet our defence is dodgy and liable to make a mistake and our goal threat seems non existent. Okay we scored two, but can't quite understand how we managed that. Looks like a long season ahead. Liverpool home next.

T

TheConcourse

The thing that’s really worried me watching that is that most of us could see that something needed to change.

We were all screaming for Sasa and Doc, and his answer was to swap Fabio for Traore.

First test of Gary’s managerial nouse and he’s failed.
He tried to be way smarter than he is. Managers obsessed with trying to win games with genius rather than basics. Pepism is alive and well.

Absolutely criminal to leave that **** hole with anything less than a point.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
So much to say about that game. Stuff that we have all said time and time again.

Slow and ineffective in attack. Fabio for me should never be wearing the no 9. He is not a number 9 and got bullied again and was non existent.

Kilman and Semedo were poor on the first goal. Kilman gets beat to so many headers. Dawson has had a poor start to the season, not the player he was.

Sarabia is a class player but he is not cut out for the prem.

To many players in that second half ball watching their 2nd and 3rd were awful goals to concede. Nobody took responsibility.

Gary O'Neil should never be Wolves manager and has shown us why. He has no tactical nouse.

Going to be a long season but we knew that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know people scoffed at the suggestion, but Lopetegui set this team up for the United game and we looked a threat. Then this clown took over.

Football great at Old Trafford and we should have scored 3 or 4. The last three games has been a mess. Everton we won but God knows how.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course they arent. They cost nothing. Wont make any difference. We are a bottom 5 squad and have a bottom 5 coach. Luton is a 6 pointer just like everton
Right. Cost means everything. We have such a great forward pair for 70 million. Awesome!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FT 3-2. Can't really complain, Palace would have felt hard done by with the draw I think. I'd have taken it, though!

Last year, our paucity in attack was frightening but in 23/24 it's the defence that truly concerns me. We're so passive, tentative and we're such a soft touch it's not true. Our defenders get beaten to the ball so often, attackers nipping in front of them to score. Really, really worrying. Hopefully S Bueno is a little more proactive...

I still don't really have a clear, discernible idea of our desired pattern of play although it's good to see that scoring from wide crosses is an option to us. We still have a startling lack of central creativity. By "lack", I mean that we don't have any of course!

MOTM: Neto I guess. He at least looked aggressive and creative.
I think our lack of quality on the ball in central midfield is going to put this defence under huge pressure.. Lemina and Gomes do well at winning the ball, but it’s no good if you give it straight back to them.

B Traore looked well off it also.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if he was really that good, he would have lasted more than 14 games at Madrid.

Its not so much Lopetegui now but who we have replaced him and his coaches with. It is showing to me today. Zero pattern. Just nothing.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me understand how we turned £35 million for Kilman down he is a liability. GON now has 2 weeks to get a defence sorted and if that means no Semedo.Kilman or Dawson then so be it. Might be time for 5 at the back

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-2 sounds like an exciting game, but it was turgid rubbish. Especially from us. We controlled the game quite well at times, yet our defence is dodgy and liable to make a mistake and our goal threat seems non existent. Okay we scored two, but can't quite understand how we managed that. Looks like a long season ahead. Liverpool home next.
Reminded me of when we lost 4-2 there all them years ago I think the ice man even scored for us

Rugrats

Reaction score
You may get your wish, but I don’t see that as an inevitability after this game. We matched the home side for much of the game and had the better chances early on. I realise that’s not a popular view, but I say as I see.
Explain how we played well there ?? That's as bad as we've Seen.....toothless, 2 nothing goals really
We won on offsides

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not so much Lopetegui now but who we have replaced him and his coaches with. It is showing to me today. Zero pattern. Just nothing.
Wouldn't surprise me if behind the scenes they are already looking for the next manager and always saw GoN as a temporary fix

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possible unpopular opinion:

I’m disappointed we didn’t offload Kilman. Looked like he had loads of potential a couple of years back, but hasn’t kicked on and is in fact, a bloody liability.

Danny Batth mk2.
Better today than Dawson though I thought. 1 great goal line clearance and a good tackle against Eze

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept. When was the last time we got anything from palace? Up there with Brighton as a bogey team

Move on swiftly.
Lick our wounds and move on….

Change formation back 4 exposes us like a league two defence would

Must change formation

We keep making the same mistakes and never learn back 4 doesn’t improve us

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As ****ed as I am at Gary for his ****ty tactics, our players really did not do anything today. We dominated possession but never really made much of a threat.

And that's not new, is it? We've been like it for years. We were virtually always better springing counter attacks than when dominating possession.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our lack of quality on the ball in central midfield is going to put this defence under huge pressure.. Lemina and Gomes do well at winning the ball, but it’s no good if you give it straight back to them.

B Traore looked well off it also.
Hence bellegarde to replace nunes. We saw it against Everton without nunes to beat the press we struggled

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if behind the scenes they are already looking for the next manager and always saw GoN as a temporary fix
You don't give a 'temporary fix' a 3 year contract. Let's face it, we're stuck with him for better or worse.

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
No aggression, we need Santiago Bueno / Dawson/Kilman and Toti as a 3, Toti and Bueno (being Urugruan) are nailed on starters as they will defend as though their lives depends on it.

First time today I have conceded that Fabio is not fit for purpose at the highest level, pains me to say but just what I see.

3 5 2 or 343 is the only way now, the 4 at the back has failed, miserably. It was meant to yield more goals but that has not happened.

Neto, Sarabia and Gonzales can fight it out for the 10 slot. Sasa and Cunha up top.

It's the only way, carry on with this shape and we will be relegated.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Don’t fret we only have Liverpool.Luton (who haven’t won yet but we can we can guess what’s coming ),City and Villa on the horizon.
I would put the oven on but it is electric!!!)

Back
Top Bottom