Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The question is has that squad got 40 points in it? I reckon yes . Still don’t think Fabio is our answer up top. Lots of nice touches, no threat

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shurley shome mishtake? That had 24 shots against Sheff Utd all of 3 weeks ago. So we're better than Sheff U, at least.

<EDIT> shots on target, perhaps?
Maybe that's what it was, I heard it just as my stream was cutting out

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe that's what it was, I heard it just as my stream was cutting out
Yes, I think it was 11 shots on target, which is high for this league. That's half a seasons worth for us. Mind you, suggests Sa (despite his inevitable mistake trying to pass out) also did a good job at keeping us in it foe the second week running.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think it was 11 shots on target, which is high for this league. That's half a seasons worth for us. Mind you, suggests Sa (despite his inevitable mistake trying to pass out) also did a good job at keeping us in it foe the second week running.
If Sa has a few bad games in the next few games we could have a -25+ goal difference as well as very few points....

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a lot of the game we were alright. Palace were okay but nothing to worry about.

Tippy tappy, the moment it gets anywhere near the opposition box and totally lacking any killer instinct, in fact the only instinct we had was to slow everything down so Palace had about 8 in defence.

We are so easy to defend against in open play. Nobody moves, nobody ever tries to get across the front of a defender (see Palace’s first goal). It’s either Neto cuts inside and has a shot blocked or we end up passing back to the halfway line.

Defensively we’re thick as ****. Lacking leadership, organisation and aggression.

Semedo seemingly never learns that leaving his opposite number in acres of space out wide isn’t the best idea. Kilman saved our blushes in the first half but then after half time looked like a competition winner. Dawson was in trouble the moment Palace players started moving. Air-Nouri just looked like he couldn’t be ***** after trying to start a fight.

The thing that ****es me off is that these players aren’t **** players. I look at our team and I look at theirs and think there’s only really Eze that is above and beyond what we have. Rule number 1 should be stop him from playing.

I can’t honestly say that O’Neill is totally at fault, better coaches than him have failed to get a tune out of large parts of this team. Don’t get me wrong I have no doubt that his appointment was a mistake (albeit I would love him to prove me wrong) but I can’t pin it all on him.

Sa, apart from his first half aberration made two or three really strong stops.

Gomes broke up play extremely well, his booking probably hindered his second half performance and he ran out of steam before being subbed.

Lemina looked okay for large parts of the game, like Gomes ran out of steam and was exposed after Joao went off.

We need to see much much more from the likes of Sarabia, Cunha, Neto, Fabio. We shouldn’t be struggling to worry opposition defences with players like that.

All in all it wouldn’t be a weekend without Wolves ruining it.

Back
Top Bottom