Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

crowd v blues ?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope its not too low as we will get slaughtered especially as its on prime time tv.:eek:

13000 ? HOW MANY FROM SMALL HEATH ?

see you there mateys !:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Westport Wolf

I expect about 14,000 - 15,000. That said, with cheap tickets, you never know. Wolves should've given free tickets to secondary schools. Anything to fill the ground.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hopefully quite a few decide late and pay on the night ?

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read on another forum that they had sold less than 7000 including blues!!!!

P

PeteWolf

Not going to be good I don't think. I've got a few people at work to go with their kids who didn't know about the prices, but it was similar for the Newcastle match and the family offer. Speaking to a few ex-season ticket holders who don't go now because of the cost/children, they had absolutely no idea and ended up going and have been back whenever the offers on since. The one took his lad along for his first match who loved it. It takes more than just prices though, the fanbase is there if the club can get the marketing to go with it.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I expect a low turn out

Cup not league
On the telly
It freezing
First team being rested
It's Blues

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
Didn't book my tickets till 4.30pm today. When I asked the bloke on the phone if I'd be able to get our usual seats, before he checked he already said that it shouldn't be a problem as they not sold too many! We got them!

B

Bankswolf II

I am worried about this game, Prime time TV and us dont mix!
The last time I remember us on normal TV was Rochdale in the cup and the BBC got loads of complaints at the time because wolves fans were gesturing behind the pundits (Totally deserved)

If the game is as rubbish as the last one we'll have the loose women joining talk sport and Charlie Nicholas in people in the media who hate us

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't book my tickets till 4.30pm today. When I asked the bloke on the phone if I'd be able to get our usual seats, before he checked he already said that it shouldn't be a problem as they not sold too many! We got them!

Same for me in B.W. with my four I`m afraid. Just like Wigan, seats, here, there and everywhere *******where.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently only 1700 sold in south bank 66 per cent still available , this tells it's own story as I would say as a whole the south bank is normally the most full stand when we have cup games and friendlies , sub 10 k I think .

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the walk up prices on the night £10 for ST holders or do they go up to £15???

singaporewolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Its on ESPN in Singapore, so I'll be their in spirit boys from 3.45am Thursday. Thought they played Tuesday so set the brain wrong and ended up walking around for 3 hours.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Club should have given 1,000's of tickets to schools and charities, and dropped the prices during last week, further. Personally I am going to sit at home and watch it on the tv with my lads. Wolves have enough of my money already. The first game was awful and it's $$$$ing freezing out there.

R

reanswolf

Have Blues just got the Steve Bull lower or also the South bank flank? Wondered why on line you cannot buy for the two end sections of the south bank.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have Blues just got the Steve Bull lower or also the South bank flank? Wondered why on line you cannot buy for the two end sections of the south bank.

Could be sold out!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to contact the schools today and offer freebies .

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score

The South Bank flank was available Monday but not any more, also the tfirst10 rows of the Stevie Bull Upper have never been for sale.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very worrying , I'm glad we are going as it will look crap on tv !

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Area still in recession, live on prime time tv, bloody freezing and most people are skint from Xmas.

Add to this Mick will not pick any first choice players and the first game was $$$$$*

Should be a tenner to everyone tonight and kid for a quid, may just get a few more in.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heard on radio Blues have sold 2200 and expect the last few to be snapped up this morning.:eek:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Wolves could have done some mega promotion work for this game.

Making all home tickets FREE on a first come first served basis.

Come along and enjoy yourselves, the club gets its cut from ITV to cover our expenses,

And don't forget to buy a programme, and if you have time, call in the Club shop....

Stadium full, and a great atmosphere on the box, the last tickets for Villa and Liverpool snapped up - and hopefully a few new fans for the future.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Come along and enjoy yourselves, the club gets its cut from ITV to cover our expenses,

And don't forget to buy a programme, and if you have time, call in the Club shop....

Stadium full, and a great atmosphere on the box, the last tickets for Villa and Liverpool snapped up - and hopefully a few new fans for the future.

I quite like that. Or, if not free, maybe £3 or another token price.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

2 words....JEZ MOXEY.....

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
2 words....JEZ MOXEY.....

Ha Ha, true, Mr Sizzle, but if only 7,000 turn up then he won't be making much anyway.

If everyone got in for free, STH's first BTW, the marketing value of it, broadcast on prime time ITV would be worth much more than the income from a sub 10,000 gate.

And over 25,000 very happy Wolves fans....

Last edited by a moderator:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need some late sales , going to look like an exodus at rourkes drift .

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not too late for them to do something today, but will they!!!:embarassed:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A late marketing promotion . All kids free with dads for a fiver ?

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Wolves do not care about us fans, it's as simple as that

Reaction score
You would think we could come up with some pricing initiative, given we bang on about being a well run business club. There's loads of strategies been suggested, you could have something like 1 ticket is £15, 2 tickets are £27, 3 tickets are £30, 4 tickets are £35 etc etc going right up to 10 tickets for £60 or something, encourage people to get their friends coming, you'd have local scout groups/youth clubs or whatever organising little trips out. Doesn't have to be that idea necessarily, just seems odd we have a flat rate price with no gimmicks to try attract people to what isn't a very attractive game.

Reaction score
I think the problem you have is that the FA set a min price and also Brum have to agree any price. It is not just for wolves to decide the price.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the problem you have is that the FA set a min price and also Brum have to agree any price. It is not just for wolves to decide the price.

I am sure i heard on 5live last night that one of the replays was £5 and £1 kids so must be ways and means.. I cant believe the FA would want their showpiece competition to be devalued further live on national tv by playing out in a 1/3rd full stadium so would surely have been open to discussion.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't seem anywhere near as cold today as it was yesterday, I know temperatures will drop by this evening but I hope a few more might be encouraged by it!

Come on me babbies! I do not want to lose to these $$$$$$s!

Back
Top Bottom