Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Craddock to stay

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to official twitter he is to extend stay. I wonder in what capacity seeing as he clearly wont play much next season?

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

While Craddock will face a battle for regular football given the central defensive options already at boss Ståle Solbakken’s disposal, he is to be retained as back-up to the first team squad and available for action if required.

At the same time, given his experience, he will also be used by the club in other areas, using his UEFA ‘B’ level coaching expertise within the club’s Academy and also assisting in an Ambassadorial role as well.

Off the website, seems sensible stuff.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Excellent news. Top man and great professional so great for him to still be involved at the Club.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news! Really pleased for Jody. Suits all parties.

C

Craddockinho

A back-up footballer is quite a common concept on the continent.

Experienced, registered to play but prepared to see out his contract in the reserves and focusing on developing his coaching.

As mentioned above, sensible.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as his wages reflect his status I think it's a decent move by the club.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know there is no room for sentimentality in sport but I do like the idea of continuity and having the right type of characters around the club. Good on yer Jody.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased with this. Happy to see him get a testimonial, which I assume will be donated to a Leukaemia trust. I will gladly support it.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent move by the club, very pleased.

He can have a massive impact if he can mentor some of the youngsters.

Well done Jody!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He used to be $$$$e though didn't he?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he's got a serious role ( outside appearing in the team ) lined up. If so it's great news all round. Lovely to keep a true gentleman.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Brilliant news. EXACTLY what I said would be the best move. His testimonial will be richly deserved and I know he's a hugely popular character and good news for the team as a whole. Plus he's still an option.

If we were still in the Premier League it may not have been so viable with the 25-man squad, but in the Championship it's ideal.

K

Kamma

Ståle actually have a history of making his older players into coaches. Jan Michaelsen who joined HamKam in Ståle's second season at the club became a youth coach for FC Copenhagen after he retired in 2008. Peter Sørensen who joined HamKam before Ståle's first season is now manager for the Danish club AGF. He got the job in the summer of 2010 after they had been relegated from the premier division and got them promoted in his first season. They finished last season in 5th place out of 12.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as it is in a coaching capacity fine. But we need the likes of Batth to be given their chance now and Jody is past it at 37. If his presence blocks Batth's playing opportunities in any way that is a big negative in my book. No room for sentimentality in the position we are in and it is another salary to be paid, a sum which perhaps could have been added to the pot to get Demidov in. Grateful to a fine club servant but we need to look forward.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very happy to hear this for all the reasons stated; plus good to have some continuity with quite a lot of changes going on.

Well done WWFC

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good decision by the club.

I don't think he'll be blocking anyone's route to the first team as I think he really will just be back-up if we have a massive injury crisis at the back.

For all the stick Moxey and Morgan have got on here, they should be applauded for this decision. Really top draw from them.

Looking forward to Craddock's testimonial and hopefully he can make a big impact with the academy and the younger players.

F

FLEET WOLF

Good decision by the club.

I don't think he'll be blocking anyone's route to the first team as I think he really will just be back-up if we have a massive injury crisis at the back.

For all the stick Moxey and Morgan have got on here, they should be applauded for this decision. Really top draw from them.

Looking forward to Craddock's testimonial and hopefully he can make a big impact with the academy and the younger players.

Agree, well done Wolves!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the testimonial should be against Sunderland.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Computer problem. Cancelled

Last edited by a moderator:

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not 1 for sentiment in football, wouldn't we be better off giving the money we're paying Craddock to the norwegian centreback to make sure he signs? Craddock has been very loyal to wolves but don't forget he's been payed well to be here. I've been in my job 15 years and I haven't had a testimonial yet..

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A decision I'm sure all Wolves fans will approve. Will be coaching the youngsters and used as a backup if required. Already has a B coaching certificate.

H

haden-wolf

I think the testimonial should be against Sunderland.

Absolutely - work with quite a few - you'd get a good few travel for jody - especially if he were to do a n quinn and do if for the kids hospital

he's still loved up there and theres also the mutual love in that seems to occur between the two clubs

T

Toupee4Rae

His twitter comment made me laugh "technically I could play but theres more chance of hell freezing over!" LOL delighted he is staying though, one of my favourite Wolves players of all time and a great role model for the younger players coming through the club.

Congratulations im sure the Mol will be packed for your testimonial.

F

FLEET WOLF

His twitter comment made me laugh "technically I could play but theres more chance of hell freezing over!" LOL delighted he is staying though, one of my favourite Wolves players of all time and a great role model for the younger players coming through the club.

Congratulations im sure the Mol will be packed for your testimonial.

He'll come of the bench in the last minute of the last game, score from a corner, thereby ensuring we go up, automatically-but I am not going to put any money on that!

T

Toupee4Rae

He'll come of the bench in the last minute of the last game, score from a corner, thereby ensuring we go up, automatically-but I am not going to put any money on that!
If he does come on for the last few minutes of our last home game it would be awesome, remember Flowers when he came on for Leicester and had a standing ovation from both sets of fans it was really really nice.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news, much better player than the centre backs that let us down last season.

He will hardly play for us if atall this season. He will do much more behind the scenes with helping and advising the younger players.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news, well done Jody and well done to the club. I hope that Batth, Tank and others take the opportunity to learn as much as they can from Jody, not least how to look after your body, make the most of positional awareness on the pitch and most of all how to be a model professional and a credit to the club.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anyone else at st Andrews a few yrs back for his last minute undeserved equalizer? hilarious. good day.

Back
Top Bottom