Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coyle Sacked

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yep. I'll admit I got that one hugely wrong!

On a slightly related note - great start for another Wolves managerial candidate at Derby.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't stand the bloke or Dave Whelan, but it does show how mad football is. He has only been there 6 months and at the moment they are 6 points from the playoffs with a game in hand against Sheffield Wed. They have no fan base, lost some of their best players in the summer, have been punching above their weight for years, and now have the Europa League to contend with which has affected much bigger teams than Wigan. I don't know where they expected to be

M

Mugwump

As much as i dont like Coyle that much, considering their position and the little amount of time he has been there i think its a disgraceful decision. 6 months is no time to judge a manager on building a team.

B

bridgnorthwolf

He threw a lot of money at that squad in the summer, but is completely clueless and inept as a manager.

He only plays his favourites regardless of performance.

Contrast that to Derby's squad which cost next to nothing, add in one of the best coaches in the game and they played them off the park.

G

Guido Fawkes

As much as i dont like Coyle that much, considering their position and the little amount of time he has been there i think its a disgraceful decision. 6 months is no time to judge a manager on building a team.

Wait till the Solbakken fans read that...

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
7 Managers sacked in a week.That must be an all time record.

D

Deleted member 4023

We did tell many of you that the bloke is an absolute clown & his reputaion was built around one promotion with Burnley. TBF he got 6 mths at wigan - I bet he wouldn't even have got three mths here.

F

FLEET WOLF

7 Managers sacked in a week.That must be an all time record.

Late November/early December is the time when a lot of managers get the sack, giving the new man a chance to look at the squad and see what he needs in the window-on the other hand, there is the Wolves way of doing it of course!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He threw a lot of money at that squad in the summer, but is completely clueless and inept as a manager.

He only plays his favourites regardless of performance.

Contrast that to Derby's squad which cost next to nothing, add in one of the best coaches in the game and they played them off the park.

Nigel Clough did a cracking job at Derby in my opinion. McLaren will reap the rewards of his work.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never a Coyle apologist thankfully ... Compensates for the vitriol I spouted at Bruce I suppose.

In all honesty I agree with Mugwump ... Far too early to bin an experienced manager in the football leagues. Baldy had no $$$$ing idea so I don't accept any analogy there.

F

FLEET WOLF

I was never a Coyle apologist thankfully ... Compensates for the vitriol I spouted at Bruce I suppose.

In all honesty I agree with Mugwump ... Far too early to bin an experienced manager in the football leagues. Baldy had no $$$$ing idea so I don't accept any analogy there.

I don't like Whelan, but he kept Martinez in a job for years, even though they were generally only just avoiding relegation, so he is not a serial sacker.

W

Wolvesthrunthru

I would actually be quite surprised if Curbishley ever manages again in some ways.

I was thinking the same but then read that John Gregory is in advanced talks with Crawley for their job, so never say never!

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason I did not want him here is probably why he has left Wigan after only 6 months. Whelan may have his faults but he has never been a hire and fire Chairman.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Or.

It could just be that his 'foreign' ways were just too much for the Chump.

L

luckyjim

Nigel Clough did a cracking job at Derby in my opinion. McLaren will reap the rewards of his work.

There was something about Clough in that he didn't really seem to have the urgency and ambition for his team.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
There was something about Clough in that he didn't really seem to have the urgency and ambition for his team.

Missing his father's passion and charisma.....couldn't drive them on.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted Coyle, I will admit. It is frightening how many people did too. We are quick to use hindsight to criticize the board on the back of fans not wanting Bruce in light of what he has achieved since, we should be ultimately grateful for them not going for the fans favourite this time round. Correct decision.

E

Essex Wolf

Don't like Wigan, don't like Whelan, don't like Coyle so as regards his sacking, I don't care.:D

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely when a club employ asmager there are long term plans. Sacking Coule after six months smacks of panic. Just because the few thousand regulars were unhappy with recent results does not mean he should be sacked.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to read how everyone on here hates and didn't want him bar 1/2 yet he topped a poll of wolves fans........ Obviously no one in that poll is a poster here are they ;)

P

Penk Wolf

Great to read how everyone on here hates and didn't want him bar 1/2 yet he topped a poll of wolves fans........ Obviously no one in that poll is a poster here are they ;)

No, because only 5 people on here support West Brom.

K

Karateowl

He was my top choice, no doubt. I reckon this says more of that meddling old sissy Whelan than Coyle , who did a terrific job at Burnley and didn't fail with Bolton IMO.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't stand the bloke or Dave Whelan, but it does show how mad football is. He has only been there 6 months and at the moment they are 6 points from the playoffs with a game in hand against Sheffield Wed. They have no fan base, lost some of their best players in the summer, have been punching above their weight for years, and now have the Europa League to contend with which has affected much bigger teams than Wigan. I don't know where they expected to be

That sounds familiar......Que Dinosaunders

B

bridgnorthwolf

He was my top choice, no doubt. I reckon this says more of that meddling old sissy Whelan than Coyle , who did a terrific job at Burnley and didn't fail with Bolton IMO.

On what planet did he not fail at Bolton?!

He failed epicly.

Then did his best to ruin Wigan (which I thank him for).

Threw good money after bad and displayed complete tactical ineptitude and non man management skills whatsoever.

Some double standards on here. Some saying six months is no time to give a manager, yet I'm sure many of them would agree that sacking Saunders was 100% correct.

I believe strongly in stability and giving a manager time, but if you want to be stable and have a long term manager, you MUST have the right manager to begin with. It was clear after a fortnight that Saunders was never the right man in a million years and it's clear that Wigan are only going to drop further and further under Coyle.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I'll admit I got that one hugely wrong!

On a slightly related note - great start for another Wolves managerial candidate at Derby.

That will be my no 1 choice. ;) :)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing his father's passion and charisma.....couldn't drive them on.
I remember seeing an interview on TV with both Brian and Nigel. Every time the presenter asked Nigel a question Brian answered it.
Not his fault but maybe his dad was too strong a character and Nigel did not flourish because of this.

Back
Top Bottom