Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cotterill on Wolves Recruitment

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a complete and utter tit. Blouse are welcome to the *****.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this. Somebody take him away:D
View attachment 2927
In other words Mr Cotterill thinks its okay to cheat as long as you dont get caught out. Sour words from a sour man. He thinks we were just average and yet not even getting out of first gear we were never in danger of anything but a win.
Bottom line Cotterill 'your' team are 31 points behind us after just 20 games.
Top line is Nuno is a far superior manager than Cotterill and he knows it.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...ws/wolves-were-average-birmingham-boss-877439

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
Before he got the Blouse job "Farmer Steve" was on a Sky Panel tipping Wolves to finish tenth this season !!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We were organised, Wolves were average". What a jealous idiot. If we were average they were below average. Much more of that and goodbye Steve - your sacking is coming. Deluded.

D

Deleted member 3573J

His best comment is the one where he says they had us "on the ropes" in the second half - what with those 2 shots in the injury time?

It was like Anthony Joshua holding off a midget who waited until the last 30 seconds in the 12th before wildly swinging a couple of punches.

His point about goal line technology and the linesman not signaling a goal is up there with Saunders' nonsense. Now there is goal line technology there's no need for the linesman to wildly wave his flag, he can wait for the ref's watch to do the work.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
His best comment is the one where he says they had us "on the ropes" in the second half - what with those 2 shots in the injury time?

It was like Anthony Joshua holding off a midget who waited until the last 30 seconds in the 12th before wildly swinging a couple of punches.

His point about goal line technology and the linesman not signaling a goal is up there with Saunders' nonsense. Now there is goal line technology there's no need for the linesman to wildly wave his flag, he can wait for the ref's watch to do the work.
If we were on the ropes it was typical Ali style of rope a dope.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ve-cotterill-ref-got-it-wrong-against-wolves/

IIRC, didn't Dean get sent off for a second yellow because he pushed Jota over? In which case he got the same punishment as Alf did for his spat with Kieftenfeld and Gleeson?

Not the Ref's fault that Dean was already booked.

Cotterill seems to think it was a straight red.
Precisely that.
Honestly I shake my head in disbelief at some of the dimwit managers. They simply don't understand the rules of the game from which they draw their living. Shocking really

S

ShropshireLad

D

Deleted member 3604

The ego has landed at Small Heath. More mouth than action and his side are heading for the drop. He is already in victim mode, had a meteoric I know everything read this weeks programme notes phase, he's criticised his players and it's a familiar pattern. He'll have his notepad out and come out with some 'wise logic' that he'll turn it around and that it's 'Not me, it's not my fault .... '

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Precisely my thoughts; the officials obviously trust the technology to do the work.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a total mosspot Cotterill is. Picking out moments that suit him and trying to manipulate an absolute dire performance by his team by launching an attack on the referee that was overtly generous in not sending off his dirty fowling player early in the first half.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mr Cotterill could well be sailing into the 1st division with his assessment of the game.....that is if he lasts that long. Boly and Bennett only had a gentle workout in the match although we conceded midfield for a while without being stretched. Doesnt he realise you have to get shots on target and some of them end up in the back of the net to win. As for our goal, well according to him if it wasnt a goal, which it was, it would have been something else. Alf was lucky under present rules but so was his thugs who constantly went after Jota with at least 2 of them qualifying for a red.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had my Mrs gnawing away in my ear about N'Dayie getting away without a red, it didn't wash that Roberts should have been sent off long before. It's obvious all he and other managers are thinking about is to kick Jota off the park early on, but the lad just bounces back up.

Hope above hope he makes it through the rest of the season unscathed, the likes of Cotterill and he ilk can **** off and stay in the "physical" league.

Cotterill (and Blues) will be lucky to be in the Championship next season

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any Blues fan with a modicum of intelligence will know that he is as deluded as Lambert was last season. He is trying to shift the blame away from a complete lack of quality in his own team coupled with his own tactical ineptitude.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What he says in context is he has seen Wolves tear other teams apart this season and compared to those performances Wolves were average last night which, coming from the opposition manager, I don’t have a problem.

His views on their ‘tackling’ and the sending off of Harlee (!) Deen are, however, cringeworthy.

SP04

Reaction score
If you for some reason want to know more about Cotterill as a manager and person, I recommend reading one of the 'Secret Footballer' books (can't remember which of Dave Kitson's books it is), but it is about his time at Portsmouth.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have had more than enough managers who have spouted rubbish (Lambert, Saunders, Connors etc) and so we can recognise an idiot manager from a mile off, but the lack of good grace from Cotterill beggars belief:-
  • their spending on players this season has been far from modest (though they seem to have paid way too much for very average players - mostly) and so the "we cant compete with Wolves spending/recruitment" argument is nonsense. We have just spent more wisely (we also have a much better manager).
  • the statement that had it not been for goal line technology Blues would have got a draw is bizarre;
  • they set out to seriously hurt out best player(s) and nearly succeeded
  • not one shot on target. Not sure I can ever remember that.
  • Blues are the worst team I have seen this season, by some way.
  • Wolves had an off day, didnt play that well but still should have scored 3 or 4
  • the argument that their player that was sent off was acting as a peace maker is plainly ridiculous
Surely there are enough normal Blues supporters who can see through this guff, and will want them to get a "proper" manager, when Cotterill's inevitable sacking occurs.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I heard some Blues muppet last night who said if they had stepped up their game and particularly the way they dominated us second half they could have won 3/4-1
I nearly crashed the car.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As former Burnley goalie, Brian Jensen comments on his autobiography about Cotterill leaving them, "There was only two people sad to see him go, one of them was himself."
In the book he comes across as self-absorbed, tactically limited and with poor man-managent skills, which is hardly any surprise.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I heard some Blues muppet last night who said if they had stepped up their game and particularly the way they dominated us second half they could have won 3/4-1
I nearly crashed the car.
In fairness Jonzy, Blues did have two efforts off target..

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Steve Cotterill should take a leaf out of Nuno`s book.

Which is, to concentrate on his team, and what they are going to do.. SC should stop commenting about what others are doing, and have done.

Should Wolves get promoted to the Prem, is Nuno going to bang on about how much Man City have spent on World superstars..? No!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Steve Cotterill should take a leaf out of Nuno`s book.

Which is, to concentrate on his team, and what they are going to do.. SC should stop commenting about what others are doing, and have done.

Should Wolves get promoted to the Prem, is Nuno going to bang on about how much Man City have spent on World superstars..? No!
Nuno always starts his post match interviews with 'Good team' 'Tough game' when talking about the opposition.Other than having a moan about the opposition tackling he never has a go at the opposition or says anything to wind them up.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Nuno always starts his post match interviews with 'Good team' 'Tough game' when talking about the opposition.Other than having a moan about the opposition tackling he never has a go at the opposition or says anything to wind them up.
Exactly. Nuno shows the opposition the respect they deserve.

He mentions a tough game, because most Championship games are tough, especially in the physical sense, as the Blues game showed.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Blues were lucky to get nil on Monday.
Blues should have been deducted three goals for those three challenges on Jota, including the one when he got caught in the face.

Lets face it, Jota was targeted.. that challenge when he had played the ball, and the guy when through him, was deliberate all day long.

D

Deleted member 4152

Cop a load of this. His thoughts pre mthis weekend. Saunders would be proud!

“When I see the other night where apparently we have not had a shot on target - we have, we have had four shots on target. What it doesn’t say is we have had four shots on target but they have all been blocked.

“What would be nice to happen is for one of them blocks not to be a really good block.

"And we make enough blocks as well. I would like one of their blocks to be mistimed and hit one of them on the shin and deflect in the other corner.”

****ing ell!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-pay-money-entertain-them-14009047

E

E is for idiot.

Cop a load of this. His thoughts pre mthis weekend. Saunders would be proud!

“When I see the other night where apparently we have not had a shot on target - we have, we have had four shots on target. What it doesn’t say is we have had four shots on target but they have all been blocked.

“What would be nice to happen is for one of them blocks not to be a really good block.

"And we make enough blocks as well. I would like one of their blocks to be mistimed and hit one of them on the shin and deflect in the other corner.”

****ing ell!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-pay-money-entertain-them-14009047

What a ****.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171207-235441.png
    Screenshot_20171207-235441.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 18

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coterill will take Blues down for sure, Iv never understood what Chairman think he brings to the TM job, i can name 50+ managers better than him, he is in the same mould as Saunders.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is doing a splendid job.

I think Blues should believe all the *******s he is spouting whilst trying to preserve his slender grasp on yet another job where he and his team are clearly failing.

I definitely think he has the potential to get them out of the Championship this season.

Back
Top Bottom