Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cotterill on Wolves Recruitment

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha what a Pillock ......never amounted to much as a manager and never will. Total average manager whos level is league 1 and 2 and gets found out everyone in the Championship.
Who cares, won't see his like again after this season, fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 3573J

A manager developing a system and then signing players to fit it - well I never, who'd have thought it?

I've read this bit about 5 times and have no idea what he's trying to say:

"As I’ve always said if you’ve got a way of playing and a team spirit, the way of playing can be whatever you the coach or the manager decides what it is going to be."

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we’ve planned to play a particular system and then gone out and recruited accordingly, as opposed to just collecting players and trying to find a system that will work.

Not quite getting the issue, Steve!!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Fair comment.

I wouldn't say it is easy though, just much easier. It applies to any coach who has a distinct plan and idea about how they want it to work.

Knowing the cogs and getting them in to fit gives you a great chance to get your machine working as you want very quickly. Otherwise you get what we’ve seen before and time isn't kind unless you have clued up owners.

As Nuno will tell you the hard bit is to keep it functioning in an environment laden with 'spanners'.....that's when the 'quality' really kicks in and helps. :)

D

Deleted member 3604

An espouser of hot air with a melodramatic twinge. He often talks the talk but seldom walks the walk ... another journeyman.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
And Coterill fills his net with “eager to be offended” Wolves fans.

There’s some soft hearted ****ers amongst us these days.

It is what it is.

Nice of Tim to offer up something to munch on though. ;) :)

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The longer that buffoon stays at Blues,the better!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't rate Coterill as a coach or pundit at all but why do people constantly look for hidden meaning or digs?

In his roundabout and rather senseless way he is saying wolves are strong and deserve respect and that Portuguese players know 3-4-3 better than English. Which they probably do. He also points out that English lads have done well to adapt to it. Which they have.

We always seem to be having an identity crisis on here!

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't rate Coterill as a coach or pundit at all but why do people constantly look for hidden meaning or digs?

In his roundabout and rather senseless way he is saying wolves are strong and deserve respect and that Portuguese players know 3-4-3 better than English. Which they probably do. He also points out that English lads have done well to adapt to it. Which they have.

We always seem to be having an identity crisis on here!

This is true, it's probably taken out of context and lacking tone.

I saw him say in an interview about Wolves struggling at the moment, clearly joking.

E

Essex Wolf

Comes across as bitter. To make such a comment without having any real or true idea is churlish IMV.

Nuno has an idea and knows what he wants. He was hardly going to sign players who didn't fit what his vision is so not sure what the point is he is really trying to make.

D

Deleted member 4152

A manager developing a system and then signing players to fit it - well I never, who'd have thought it?

I've read this bit about 5 times and have no idea what he's trying to say:

"As I’ve always said if you’ve got a way of playing and a team spirit, the way of playing can be whatever you the coach or the manager decides what it is going to be."
That sounds like a saunders comment!

Reaction score
Watched bits of their game with Sheff Utd the other night and was amazed/dismayed to see he was still a thing.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is exposing incompetence all around him purely because he is competent.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we care about the opinion of, let's face it, a **** Ian Holloway?

Back
Top Bottom