Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Conor Coady on TV

Himleywolf

Reaction score
On Football Focus today at 12.

On a separate note I watched Question of Sport last night and wondered when someone from the Wolves had last been on, apologies if I've missed somebody I don't watch it every week, Conor Coady would be excellent on there.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree himleywolf.
It wouldn't surprise me if the last Wolves (ex) player on there was Emlyn Hughes, although didn't Bully feature once ?

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Pretty sure Emlyn wore a wolves jumper a few times on the show. He was with us during his first stint as captain but left the show when he became Rotherhams manager in 81 and returned to the show in 84 before leaving for good in 87 to join ITV's rival show Sporting Triangles.
Remember Bullys appearance quite well, sure he was wearing an adidas shell suit and one of the times he answered Terry Butcher the actual answer was Brian Kilcline!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Well done Conor, won a quiz vs Dion Dublin off homes under the hammer

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree himleywolf.
It wouldn't surprise me if the last Wolves (ex) player on there was Emlyn Hughes, although didn't Bully feature once ?

OHara was on it when he was at Wolves. I think Kevin Doyle may have been on as well.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So proud to have CC as our club captain.. I can’t think of anyone who represents everything that we stand for as this guy. Out best captain in my lifetime.

Mike Bailey is the best captain we have had in my time, but Coady is now running him very close for that top spot.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had been out for a bike ride this morning and got back just before football focus so happened to put it on not knowing who was on so lucky to catch it, perfect timing as Coady came on, came across well as always Dave Edwards on the photo shelf next week

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Football Focus today at 12.

On a separate note I watched Question of Sport last night and wondered when someone from the Wolves had last been on, apologies if I've missed somebody I don't watch it every week, Conor Coady would be excellent on there.
I might be remembering incorrectly but think kevin Doyle might have been on at some point ?
Also Lescott was on but might have been after he left us

Doc was on last nights, not as a contestant but as one of the answers in the observation round

list of question of sport guests here , quite a few wolves ones, not sure they were all at wolves at the time they were on though
A Question of Sport - Wikipedia

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

I did'nt see the clip on Football Focus, but according to the ever-reliable MSN newsfeed they quoted him from the interview as saying: -

"First and foremost I look at it as a Wolves player," Coady told Football Focus.
"I am a huge Wolves fan now, I've been there for many many years and played hundreds of games. For our football club and our lads, our players, our supporters, it's important to get the season finished because these seasons don't come around that often in terms of how much we've enjoyed it, how much we've improved as a club and as a team and how much the supporters have enjoyed it as well.
"I think it would be such a shame if you turn around and look at it, the first season back in the Europa League and this has happened. One of our last games was against Olympiakos before the lockdown happened and the games finished.
"That was behind closed doors, we got a good draw with an away goal. Honestly, it was tough playing behind closed doors. The supporters make this game. I realised that even more after playing that game.
"Fans give you energy, they're a big part of it. Everything about the game comes from the supporters so that is a real shame but in terms of getting the season finished, it's going to be the case that it will be behind closed doors and we need to get it finished but it is tough.""

What a class act and a Wolves legend I would say.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Pretty sure Emlyn wore a wolves jumper a few times on the show. He was with us during his first stint as captain but left the show when he became Rotherhams manager in 81 and returned to the show in 84 before leaving for good in 87 to join ITV's rival show Sporting Triangles.
Remember Bullys appearance quite well, sure he was wearing an adidas shell suit and one of the times he answered Terry Butcher the actual answer was Brian Kilcline!
He did

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Mike Bailey is the best captain we have had in my time, but Coady is now running him very close for that top spot.
I agree but this is the media savvy age rather than just reading quotes.
Conor is turned on and totally media savvy and a credit to our club,

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This article includes what he is heard saying on TV in matches....

...it is a similar case at most clubs, with centre-backs generally the most vocal by far. Conor Coady talks his Wolves teammates through every move at astonishing volume and is also apt to belt out a motivational motto when the going gets tough.

Recent examples range from “LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER!” and “LET’S DO WHAT WE DO!” to the even more existential “REMEMBER WHO WE ARE
!”

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This article includes what he is heard saying on TV in matches....

...it is a similar case at most clubs, with centre-backs generally the most vocal by far. Conor Coady talks his Wolves teammates through every move at astonishing volume and is also apt to belt out a motivational motto when the going gets tough.

Recent examples range from “LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER!” and “LET’S DO WHAT WE DO!” to the even more existential “REMEMBER WHO WE ARE
!”
In the video Wolves shared of Kilman's highlights vs Leeds just after he signed his new contract, for Raúl's goal you hear Coady shout "Rabona"! just before he cuts back onto his right. There's instruction and then there's instruction!

Back
Top Bottom