Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats actually laughable, especially because you cant handle the truth about your agenda so you try to say you are being belittled while thats exactly what you have done to Coady.

For a start, you are saying all the crap about Coady based on something that happened to you. First mistake.

Second mistake, you are presuming your " life experience " is identical to Coady's situation with Lage. You dont know **** about the Coady-Lage relationship or what went on between them. Nobody does apart from them and people close to them. So like it or not, you dont know what its like for Connor. You weren't in his shoes. Your little story simply has no relevance to anyone else but you or somebody who, however unlikely, had an identical situation to yours.

Thirdly, you didnt have a spot in an International side at stake with a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to a World cup. In regards to football, he had way, way much more on the line and a lot more to lose. If you were a premier league player and you were at risk of losing your possible world cup spot, i doubt you would stay playing reserve team football.

Plenty of Everton fans, while they dont think Coady is brilliant, didnt think he deserved to be dropped and plenty of them would have seen Coady in the side in front of Keane. Doesnt really matter what your opinion of Lampard is. I dont think he is a great manager either but he wanted Coady and had faith in him. Lage didnt want him and had no faith in him. Anyone with a brain would move.

So Petty and agenda are both totally accurate descriptions.

I wouldnt waste your time replying. I'm not sure i want to hear more of your life story and how its relevant to a Premier league footballer.
I know I don’t like coady or his actions……. I don’t hide away from that fact, sp don’t act like you’re giving me a “come to Jesus” or “now you know the truth” moment.

Nor did I say my example is a perfect match. I don’t know the full circumstance of their relationship.

But I shared why my situation that to me is not too far removed. If you don’t think it is then cool.

He had an international spot as a cheerleader, he didn’t see a second of pitch time at the euros or the World Cup. Didn’t even step into the pitch at a game at his own clubs ground and couldn’t get a second on the pitch when Maguire was out or when 5 at the back is played as Kyle walker played ahead of him.

he then left wolves to sit on the bench at a team worse than ours when the English Bruno lage was sacked.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your narrative was that once a competent manager took over, Coady was dropped. Just wondering how that fits with Nuno playing Coady and having him as leader of his team.
In the chain of events between

Lage - lampard - dyche

Then there is only one competent manager.

Nuno is and always will be a better manager than dyche! When Nuno is happy like he looks to be again thank god as he is a lovely and dedicated man, he wipes the floor with dyche.
That isn’t even a discussion.

Nuno achieved more in his tenure in terms of cup runs, championship win and also euro run that dyche will never achieve.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And boom….. the lazy word of “agenda” is dropped again on this forum to try and belittle people’s opinion that isn’t positive about a player or the club.

And for your information, I have played sport and at a club (semi pro level) where I was dropped by a new coach who came in, brought his player in my position from his previous club in to replace me as he did with three others who were with me the previous season. I was vice captain, been there two seasons and signed an agreement for a 4th season in the fortnight before the new head coach came in.

Within 3 sessions of him coming in he called me up and said, I dont think you suit the slower and more ruck and ma game I want to play so I am bringing in 4 lads from my old club, one of which is in your position so you will either be on the bench or the second team.

from pre-season to the first league game he dropped me out of the match day squad completely and made me the “traveling reserve” for games that were 6-8 hours away when I could have stayed local and played a full game and also been closer to my disabled partner who I am a carer for. So he made my life more challenging as balancing work, being fit enough for semi pro sport and the time commitment on top of being a carer is bloody hard. Much harder than earning tens of thousands a week being a full time pro and having greater access to support when times are hard!!!!!

I stayed as I liked the lads I played with and the club, who signed me after a serious knee injury flared up. I backed myself to prove him wrong!

I stuck it out, trained hard was a good team mate, supported the guy who took my place, went on the socials and when he got injured about 11-16 games into the season of which I played 4 times for the first team off the bench in barely 5 min cameos, I came in had a great game, played really well the 3 games he was out and I replaced him and started the rest of the season. I stayed the following season and started every game I was available for (got a one week ban for swearing at an opposition coach). So actually I do know what it is like.

So my beliefs are based on my life experience! Plus others I played with who did the same.

So not “petty” or an “agenda” at all……
Were you 4 months away from being selected for your nation at the World Cup finals? Where if you didn't play regularly, you doubted you'd be selected?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were you 4 months away from being selected for your nation at the World Cup finals? Where if you didn't play regularly, you doubted you'd be selected?
But he was never going to play! He didn’t play for England in any tournament he was taken too! He knew he wasn’t going to play.

I get he wants to say “I went to a World Cup” I know that is an incredible achievement hardly any person gets to make.

But you cannot make out like he was a fringe player who played in the pressure moments when he wasn’t. He was picked and like southgate said because he was a great influence around the squad and for those not playing. If he was picked for those reasons and not what he did on the pitch as he didn’t play the competitive matches there is a possibility he still would have been picked.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, but these are my experiences that shaped my opinion.

A vice captain can be an out and our leader of a team Mutchy, you don’t even need to be the captain to be an out and out leader of a team.

Our captain was the captain because he was an ex full time pro who had a level of gravitas I didn’t with referees and could sweet talk us out of any issues. But I was the one who did the pre-match speeches and pulling the lads together.

I knock him, because I disagree with people thinking he should come back with a clean slate or he would have made a difference this season. When to me in an opinioN that is different to yours, notice I am not belittling anyone’s points, feelings or experiences that shape opinions.

People here do the opposite to my postings about players, where everything is positive or just a line of they play for wolves so just support them. I don’t belittle their posts, I just comment to people who like myself and there are others….. who comment a lot about him and not liking how he handled the situation.
Just remembered why Rugby's gash. "Pre-match speeches" FFS, like the freemasons lol.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just remembered why Rugby's gash. "Pre-match speeches" FFS, like the freemasons lol.
Haha, I don’t create the culture hahaha

But yeah I found that stuff pretty crap and lame, but it is expected hahaha

I was the lad from a comprehensive school so that pomp and ceremony always made me cringe a bit……

Preferred the pre match footy changing room as it was more on you to get yourself up

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he was never going to play! He didn’t play for England in any tournament he was taken too! He knew he wasn’t going to play.

I get he wants to say “I went to a World Cup” I know that is an incredible achievement hardly any person gets to make.
You hate him so much, you wanna belittle his achievements. Captained our club to promotion, Europe, PL consolidation.

Occasional skipper of our nation, respected and appreciated by his fellow players (even the ones who are much better than him), coaching staff and manager.
But you cannot make out like he was a fringe player who played in the pressure moments when he wasn’t. He was picked and like southgate said because he was a great influence around the squad and for those not playing. If he was picked for those reasons and not what he did on the pitch as he didn’t play the competitive matches there is a possibility he still would have been picked.
A possibility yes, but improbable.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your narrative was that once a competent manager took over, Coady was dropped. Just wondering how that fits with Nuno playing Coady and having him as leader of his team.

I mean, that point isn't invalid Mutchy. Lampard is an incompetent manager, and Dyche dropped Coady as unsuited for the system Everton were playing. Dyche has increased Everton's PPG this season by about 50% compared to Lampard, who on this basis would have got Everton relegated since they'd be expected to have 5-6 less points than they do at the moment.

Nuno built a system around Coady. Lampard shoehorned Coady in and it didn't work. For precisely the reason of the weaknesses in Coady's game which people here are well aware of. The role he played here was ideal and maximised his strengths and minimised his weaknesses.

Those are completely different things.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was the perfect guy for Nuno, I say it all the time.

Some players are great for great for certain coaches in their system and are a great on pitch representative of the manager and will do everything to the letter and make sure standards don’t drop or plans are laid out as once they go into action the captain or leaders on the pitch carry the ability to make sure things get done possibly a bit more than the manager.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You hate him so much, you wanna belittle his achievements. Captained our club to promotion, Europe, PL consolidation.

Occasional skipper of our nation, respected and appreciated by his fellow players (even the ones who are much better than him), coaching staff and manager.

I don’t like how he left! Bloody hell……

Under Nuno as I keep bloody saying he was great, as the system and manager were perfect for him!!!!!! He was great in the champ
Season and the first two years back.

But when lage was there (lage was inept) coady wasn’t the same and wasn’t as good on the field.

He left wolves, went to Everton and had been found out for lacking pace and physicality and been dropped because of it. He had the same issues all through his time at wolves, his Mitrovic and Antonio defensive performances prove that when playing a big and front centre forward he can’t cope. That is a very very fair criticism

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, you knock him at any possible opportunity.
You were vice captain then, not the out and out leader. And at a very different level. Did a club close to your family come in and want you?
I had offers to leave, but I was the only one in my family to not play hockey or cricket so I was bang out of luck on that regard lol.

But clubs closer to home did offer a move, but I was settled, had friends and liked the people who supported the club. Sport can be very transient and I found a place that felt like home and made me happy and when you are a carer and happiness is very important as it is hard to look after yourself too sometimes, I chose to stay.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t like how he left! Bloody hell……

Under Nuno as I keep bloody saying he was great, as the system and manager were perfect for him!!!!!! He was great in the champ
Season and the first two years back.

But when lage was there (lage was inept) coady wasn’t the same and wasn’t as good on the field.

He left wolves, went to Everton and had been found out for lacking pace and physicality and been dropped because of it. He had the same issues all through his time at wolves, his Mitrovic and Antonio defensive performances prove that when playing a big and front centre forward he can’t cope. That is a very very fair criticism
He did struggle with big strong attackers on occasion, other times he'd cope quite well.

I think lots of CB's struggle with muscular and quick attackers, anyone would wouldn't they?

For whatever reason my mind is drawn back to losing to blues at home in the late nineties...

Two of the best CB's I've seen play for Wolves - Dean Richards and Keith Curle were bullied and utterly destroyed by Dele Adebola...

Two big, strong, quick CB's bossed by a bigger stronger man. They managed to make him look like prime Ronaldo (R9) that day.

It doesn't matter how good a CB is, I'll guarantee Erling Haaland at some point will make them look like a school boy.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am intrigued as to why everyone is so against reintigrating Coady back into the squad. If Nuno returned as a lot of people seem to want, would he bring him back? With the likely loss of Neves and Moutinho we are going to be short of experienced leaders. The amount we could hope to sell him for is negligible. It is very much a squad game these days, and I feel there are times when playing a back 5 makes sense. I personally don't think he is as bad a player as a lot of people seem to think.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I am intrigued as to why everyone is so against reintigrating Coady back into the squad. If Nuno returned as a lot of people seem to want, would he bring him back? With the likely loss of Neves and Moutinho we are going to be short of experienced leaders. The amount we could hope to sell him for is negligible. It is very much a squad game these days, and I feel there are times when playing a back 5 makes sense. I personally don't think he is as bad a player as a lot of people seem to think.

Careful now - you seem to be offering a radically balanced and thought through opinion.

If you want to fit in then you just need to say a combination of things like:

Coady hates wolves
Coady wore an Everton tracksuit
my gran can play in a back 4
Leaders aren’t important
5 at the back is dead
Southgate’s an idiot
Etc etc.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no view one way or the other on a Coady return but I don't think he's rubbished on here because of his playing ability more the circumstances of his exit. He'd be more than useful as a back up CH if JL/whoever reverts to a 5 at any time.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £10m-15m we could potentially fetch for him if he comes back is not negligible.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be a terrific signing for Coventry if they go up for £10-15m, Maybe we could do a deal of Coady + £10m for Gyokores?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was touted as being more likely 5m
That's Everton’s option on him to complete the deal (£4.5m I think). If he doesn't go to Everton and a different club want him, then you're talking more like £10m. It's quite possible Everton sign him just to sell him, either way I don't think he'll be at Wolves or Everton next season

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's Everton’s option on him to complete the deal (£4.5m I think). If he doesn't go to Everton and a different club want him, then you're talking more like £10m. It's quite possible Everton sign him just to sell him, either way I don't think he'll be at Wolves or Everton next season
I wonder if we inserted some sell on clause into the purchase option to prevent Everton from doing that? I mean we are obviously very familiar with doing it.

R

reanswolf

Don’t think he did anything wrong in asking to move but he could have chose his words more carefully than “I couldn’t get away quickly enough”.

Any player who leaves a club where he is adored is going to get a backlash saying that.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

is he actually talking about the same Conor Coady that played for us and captained England,
If so I think he should try fishing in a different pond,

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we need him about the place for his leadership qualities?
We certainly did. One of our most- blatant mistakes this last season was the loss of leadership. I think this was recognised by Loppy, hence his desire to bring in Dawson, Lemina and even Bentley to some extent.
Lage made many mistakes at Wolves (obs), but one of the greatest was allowing a leadership group including Ruddy, Saiss and more particularly Coady to leave without replacements.
Neves is not a natural leader, Kilman is not a leader and Costa might be a great guy in the dressing room and have lots of experience, but is not a guy to look up to.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We certainly did. One of our most- blatant mistakes this last season was the loss of leadership. I think this was recognised by Loppy, hence his desire to bring in Dawson, Lemina and even Bentley to some extent.
Lage made many mistakes at Wolves (obs), but one of the greatest was allowing a leadership group including Ruddy, Saiss and more particularly Coady to leave without replacements.
Neves is not a natural leader, Kilman is not a leader and Costa might be a great guy in the dressing room and have lots of experience, but is not a guy to look up to.
Couldn’t agree more, regardless what we think of him as a footballer, to be fair he is someone I have written off many times, his biggest attribute is his communication skills, the manager s voice on the pitch.
I think his time with us is probably done, but I have been here before.

Back
Top Bottom