Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And he still wouldn’t be good enough if we went to a three at the back.

He can’t get into a team that is still very much at risk of the drop.
Maybe not but we ain’t got a pot to **** in so it seems so have to make do with what we’ve got?? MELTDOWN X 11

Sa
Dawson Coady Toti
Sanderson Gomes Cundle Lemina Bueno
Cunha Sasa

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not but we ain’t got a pot to **** in so it seems so have to make do with what we’ve got?? MELTDOWN X 11

Sa
Dawson Coady Toti
Sanderson Gomes Cundle Lemina Bueno
Cunha Sasa
I severely doubt the facts in that story by Liam!

Their amount of accurate stories died a death the moment sellers left and it wouldn’t be the first time the express and star have had an issue with fosun and mendes would it?

For all we know, this is a bogus story based on a deliberate bad info leak to catch out a rat!

Many prem clubs have done this over the last few years. Especially when about to undergo rapid transformation.

The “we need to sell to buy as we have ffp issues” could very simply be a way to create a buyers market for the players they think we might struggle to sell.

It has been done before! It isn’t a new tactics to artificially create interest in a player, as it make clubs chance a lower bid to get them as they wouldn’t bother making a bid to a club that doesn’t need money as they might think there is better value elsewhere. It is the club version of agent talk.

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
I don’t see him ever in a Wolves shirt again, we have moved on, but he was part of the journey from Championships to an established Premier League team. I also do not see Everton buying him, no mater what division they are in . I could see him at Sheffield United next season, I believe they play 3 at 5he back, he is a solid pro, good on the ball and he will bring in good premier experience to the Sheffield squad.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not going to bother to read the thread, but here’s my view for what it’s worth.

Football is important, but as you get older you start to realise that other things are more important. One of those things is/are values.

To me - Conor Coady is a man with a set of values and a man who inspires a set of values that I believe in. Those being: a humility and respect for the traditions and history of the club; a respect for the fans; a desire to work hard at all costs in the best interest of the club; a commitment to equality; a commitment to creating a bond and positivity in the squad; a passion for helping other people (take that as broadly or as narrowly as you want). For those reasons, and the fact that he’s an intelligent and versatile footballer I want him as part of my squad.

If there is one thing I feel we lack as a squad at the moment then it’s a set of core values and a sense of integrity. I’m bored and embarrassed by our constant moaning and complaining at match officials and by the acceptance of diving (cheating).

Conor Coady was an exceptional servant to Wolves and someone who I think transcended the traditional expectations of a football player.

So yes - get him in the squad and let’s get back to basics.
An issue with this is that he was part of the squad last season that collectively lost the plot and **** the bed to finish 10th.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The formation was never the problem, the players in that formation were/are the problem.

To blame a CB for our lack of goals is a laugh though innit? One whose goals last season would make him our third highest goal scorer this season!
I don't know if I'm arguing you over something that we agree on but I would argue that it was the formation, given the squad we had in May last season it was unlikely that we would be able to get the players required to play it, and didn't get the best out of any of our existing ones.

And yeah, replacing a cb with another midfielder didn't exactly free up anybody.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let him go, I really really think we should let him go, I really really think that, I really do.
(Haven’t missed his interviews either.)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The formation was never the problem, the players in that formation were/are the problem.

To blame a CB for our lack of goals is a laugh though innit? One whose goals last season would make him our third highest goal scorer this season!

Almost as laughable as blaming the keeper, and that has been suggested too! Must be that forwards get the glamour work , with their exotic hair and stylish good looks. Never mind the extortionate transfer fees. Can't be them to blame, can it?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let him go, I really really think we should let him go, I really really think that, I really do.
(Haven’t missed his interviews either.)
He has hardly been on the radio or tv either……

Leaving wolves to get a free pitch side ticket for all the world games has been a colossal balls up for him!

He had press and media love, on the drive time shows, on mnf with his ol’mate carra. Now he’s nowhere to be seen.

What he does next, will be far better thought out as at this stage of his career he has to think of what comes after football.
And as he clearly wants to be a pundit/personality, he needs to be at a club that he is the leader of, like he was in Nuno’s wolves revolution that changed his faltering championship career immeasurably as let’s be honest if he had been sold that summer no one would have cared and he easily would have a good but not stellar career in the championship and would hardly be known by so many of the media people and producers he now has in his black book of contacts.

Reactions: Ian

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
He has hardly been on the radio or tv either……

Leaving wolves to get a free pitch side ticket for all the world games has been a colossal balls up for him!

He had press and media love, on the drive time shows, on mnf with his ol’mate carra. Now he’s nowhere to be seen.

What he does next, will be far better thought out as at this stage of his career he has to think of what comes after football.
And as he clearly wants to be a pundit/personality, he needs to be at a club that he is the leader of, like he was in Nuno’s wolves revolution that changed his faltering championship career immeasurably as let’s be honest if he had been sold that summer no one would have cared and he easily would have a good but not stellar career in the championship and would hardly be known by so many of the media people and producers he now has in his black book of contacts.
Nuno might have been good for Coady, but Coady was very good for Nuno too. It was a two way street.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't read the thread, it's littered with people who don't share your ideals.

I do though. Maybe we share a misty eyed naivety when it comes to our willingness to love Conor Coady, but I can't help it.

Other players I find it hard to criticize and will always have a soft spot for are;

Ruddy
Doc
Bennett
Douglas
H Costa
Cav
Saïss
Boly
Jota

All of them haven't been adequately replaced or upgraded in the squad...

Perhaps many have justified their departures since leaving but I can't think of a single one who really let us down or who have been improved upon in the squad - I'd include Coady in that list

This is so true. Can't people see it? Yes, Cav was inconsistent. But so is Podence, Cunha, all of them. Yet cost way, way more than Cav. Cav didnt' score many , yet was prolific compared to the expensive, so-called "improvements" we've brought in since. Scored with his first touch in the Premier League. If only we could have another player like that ... but genuinely better, not just hyped.

And the league table shows it. Those players you list were better than the current crop. Many of them not given half the leeway that the likes of Trincao and Semedo get, either. We have to keep giving them another season of being useless, just in case we "write them off too soon". Seems to me, this club has a far bigger tendancy to persevere with expensive mediocrities than it does at moving them on as sharp as they should be. And a fair few should never have been signed as it now emerges we really do sign players who don't want to be here, but as part of some pump-and-dump player trading business.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm arguing you over something that we agree on but I would argue that it was the formation, given the squad we had in May last season it was unlikely that we would be able to get the players required to play it, and didn't get the best out of any of our existing ones.

And yeah, replacing a cb with another midfielder didn't exactly free up anybody.
When I said the formation was never the problem, I was alluding more to those suggesting it was a problem long before we changed it, that's all.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno might have been good for Coady, but Coady was very good for Nuno too. It was a two way street.
It very much was, not disputing that point.

But it is very much a sliding doors moment isn’t it though? As would the same have happened to coady if JL had taken over then?

We will never know

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
It very much was, not disputing that point.

But it is very much a sliding doors moment isn’t it though? As would the same have happened to coady if JL had taken over then?

We will never know
Who cares. We know what did happen, and that each played a huge part for the other.
I don't get the determination to discredit Conor at every possible manufactured chance.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares. We know what did happen, and that each played a huge part for the other.
I don't get the determination to discredit Conor at every possible manufactured chance.
There isn’t a determination, if you want to see it as that then that is up to you.

I think he could have handled the way he dealt with/facilitated his move differently when there wasn’t an obligation to buy involved. There was always a very real chance this would blow up in and fail as Everton are in a terrible financial state and have been for years and had a lucky escape last year so in my mind this was never likely to pay off and it is looking exceedingly likely that it won’t based on reports.

If you want to leave and be the leader/vocal point of what was likely and ended up being a relegation rival, to me if there was an obligation I wouldn’t care a lick about him going. But he didn’t, he is still our player and went gushing over another club, manager and the opportunity. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I am not alone in having a constant negative opinion of him and his behaviour over the move.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An issue with this is that he was part of the squad last season that collectively lost the plot and **** the bed to finish 10th.
Which is still almost certainly higher than we will finish this season.... An inconvenient truth the "four at the back" types carefully ignore....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
There isn’t a determination, if you want to see it as that then that is up to you.

I think he could have handled the way he dealt with/facilitated his move differently when there wasn’t an obligation to buy involved. There was always a very real chance this would blow up in and fail as Everton are in a terrible financial state and have been for years and had a lucky escape last year so in my mind this was never likely to pay off and it is looking exceedingly likely that it won’t based on reports.

If you want to leave and be the leader/vocal point of what was likely and ended up being a relegation rival, to me if there was an obligation I wouldn’t care a lick about him going. But he didn’t, he is still our player and went gushing over another club, manager and the opportunity. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I am not alone in having a constant negative opinion of him and his behaviour over the move.
I think this comes from seeing it as a loan, which of course it was, and some people think it is, but in all reality it was just a convenient way for them to buy him by installment and avoid breaking FFP (by any more than they already had!). So in reality and in his head he'd left. Just imagine we sold him, because that's what really happened.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this comes from seeing it as a loan, which of course it was, and some people think it is, but in all reality it was just a convenient way for them to buy him by installment and avoid breaking FFP (by any more than they already had!). So in reality and in his head he'd left. Just imagine we sold him, because that's what really happened.
But they aren’t taking up the option…. So it is a loan!

They have done a Barcelona with adama on us!!!

If there was an obligation, I would have been “thanks for everything skipper, enjoy your move and good luck.” But there wasn’t, and like many on here I never saw this coming off.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is still almost certainly higher than we will finish this season.... An inconvenient truth the "four at the back" types carefully ignore....
The end of last season almost certainly played a part into how shocking we were until JLo got here so I don’t think you can really compare the four at the back just yet.

I’ve always said that 343/352 isn’t defensive if you don’t play it as such. It seems that it’s more the personnel that were unable to play attacking football.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
But they aren’t taking up the option…. So it is a loan!

They have done a Barcelona with adama on us!!!

If there was an obligation, I would have been “thanks for everything skipper, enjoy your move and good luck.” But there wasn’t, and like many on here I never saw this coming off.
Sorry, have I missed this? Who says they aren't taking up the option?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
It is doing the rounds in the media and ITK’s online.

Also it is all over the Everton fan forums too
OK, I'm still firmly of the opinion that it makes no sense for them to send him back. I can absolutely see them flipping him!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, I'm still firmly of the opinion that it makes no sense for them to send him back. I can absolutely see them flipping him!
They are really in the stink financially.

There will be a signing bonus and a wage that not many will be willing to take on, but also he might not wish to drop lower from that can stop them flipping him easily.

It isn’t as straight forward to sign and flip like people think.

I also believe it is the same as the “we can’t afford semedo” line coming out. As with the clause there Will definitely be a loyalty bonus and the salary which is a lot of money. We sign him and cannot shift him it is potentially a significant amount of money gone.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are really in the stink financially.

There will be a signing bonus and a wage that not many will be willing to take on, but also he might not wish to drop lower from that can stop them flipping him easily.

It isn’t as straight forward to sign and flip like people think.

I also believe it is the same as the “we can’t afford semedo” line coming out. As with the clause there Will definitely be a loyalty bonus and the salary which is a lot of money. We sign him and cannot shift him it is potentially a significant amount of money gone.
It’s replacing him with someone better for cheaper though. Can we do it? Of course

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Said months ago they won't flip him easily on his wages.....he will have to sign a contract with Everton......it won't happen....
Well his stock has no doubt fallen this year, and as we always knew, he only really fits one specific role. However on the basis that he has 2 years on a 50k contract with us and a £4.5m transfer fee, someone can have him for 2 years for a total cost of £15m, surely his value hasn't fallen that far? I also don't believe most of the other stuff going round, can't afford to keep Semedo, want to keep Adama, want to keep Costa, all just smoke and mirrors to me. Not that I know anything!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well his stock has no doubt fallen this year, and as we always knew, he only really fits one specific role. However on the basis that he has 2 years on a 50k contract with us and a £4.5m transfer fee, someone can have him for 2 years for a total cost of £15m, surely his value hasn't fallen that far? I also don't believe most of the other stuff going round, can't afford to keep Semedo, want to keep Adama, want to keep Costa, all just smoke and mirrors to me. Not that I know anything!
Eveton don't want him ...so why agree to say a 3yr deal on say 60k a week and then hope you flip him.....it makes no sense for a team with financial difficulties.....what happens if he say no ...I'm not going to Luton for less money....your stuck..

GV Wolf

Reaction score
You should know better than anyone that there are some nasty people on this site who take delight in abusing current and former players. This anti Conor Coady rhetoric on this thread is a disgrace.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should know better than anyone that there are some nasty people on this site who take delight in abusing current and former players. This anti Conor Coady rhetoric on this thread is a disgrace.
It doesn’t make you a nasty person to have an opinion that isn’t sunshine and rainbows about current and ex players….

Sometimes we all don’t like players or how we as individuals perceive their actions as we all have differing opinions and viewpoints

GV Wolf

Reaction score
It doesn’t make you a nasty person to have an opinion that isn’t sunshine and rainbows about current and ex players….

Sometimes we all don’t like players or how we as individuals perceive their actions as we all have differing opinions and viewpoints
If you haven’t got something good to say, then perhaps don’t say it?

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Oh take your silver spoon out your backside.
Just because you don’t like someone’s opinion…

Would you perhaps like to comment your previous thoughts on Jamie Ohara and Roger Johnson?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you haven’t got something good to say, then perhaps don’t say it?
By your words, a forum won’t work then will it?

They are paid professionals and like all paid professionals, their performance, behaviour and conduct at work or in work situations will be critiqued both good and bad.

Doing this allows balance and a dialogue between fans. It isn’t a negative, only a positive that Mutchy and bod run a forum where all opinions and people with differing viewpoints can talk

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh take your silver spoon out your backside.
Just because you don’t like someone’s opinion…

Would you perhaps like to comment your previous thoughts on Jamie Ohara and Roger Johnson?
I actually have a massive part of me that feels sorry for Jamie o hara. Yes he played away from home, which is bloody awful, but his livelihood and all his dreams of being a professional footballer fell apart when he kept picking up nasty injuries and suffered badly mentally on the way down the leagues and into an early retirement.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Eveton don't want him ...so why agree to say a 3yr deal on say 60k a week and then hope you flip him.....it makes no sense for a team with financial difficulties.....what happens if he say no ...I'm not going to Luton for less money....your stuck..
I get the point, but do you think he's worth less than £15m all in, transfer fee and wages, to someone? Somewhere around that valuation we may as well cut our losses, pay some of his contract off and let him go bomb squad style!

Back
Top Bottom