Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a report for that £7m?
Nope. Lots of earlier reports suggesting a fee of £10m, £11m, £12m before it was revealed the option to buy is £4.5m.

All reports allude to an undisclosed loan fee and that Everton are paying his £62k per week wages.

Not entirely sure how the wages work. Is he now considered a Wolves player again now the season is over and the option hasn't yet been exercised?

Dunno, but wages alone will equate to between £2.5m - £3m plus whatever the loan fee was. It's not inconceivable the loan fee is £3m or £4m.

But what's certain is the actual total fee is much more than £4.5m.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope. Lots of earlier reports suggesting a fee of £10m, £11m, £12m before it was revealed the option to buy is £4.5m.

All reports allude to an undisclosed loan fee and that Everton are paying his £62k per week wages.

Not entirely sure how the wages work. Is he now considered a Wolves player again now the season is over and the option hasn't yet been exercised?

Dunno, but wages alone will equate to between £2.5m - £3m plus whatever the loan fee was. It's not inconceivable the loan fee is £3m or £4m.

The contracts run until the end of June, so I would suppose Everton are paying his wad up until then.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny really, I have always liked Coady as a person first and foremost - yet when I watched his post match interview yesterday, I sat and thought, your a bit of a **** you.

Maybe just the mood I am in at the moment

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Just made a point of watching his post match interview. How on earth is anyone having a problem with it?
I didn't really have a problem with his interview and haven't been involved in the discussion on here. Always been a big fan of the player and the man.

However, I did grimace a little when I saw him on the screen yesterday straight after the match. He was happy to do the first post match Everton interview because he's an affable, helpful young man and also probably would like a career in the media after his playing career. However, he hasn't played at all under Dyche until yesterday and his stay at Everton so far has been largely seen as unsuccessful. He's lost his place at his club and for his country. Thought he should have paused, and thought before putting himself forward for the first interview or any interview post match. He didn't really have the right to talk about the long-term future of Everton or about what Everton need to do going forward next season, which is what he was asked about. I think sometimes he could take a step back and talk a little less, and this was one of those times.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't really have the right to talk about the long-term future of Everton or about what Everton need to do going forward next season, which is what he was asked about. I think sometimes he could take a step back and talk a little less, and this was one of those times.
Haven’t seen the interview, but perhaps he knows he’s there next season, hence talking about it? For all we know the deal is all signed.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Haven’t seen the interview, but perhaps he knows he’s there next season, hence talking about it? For all we know the deal is all signed.
It's not so much that, it's more that he's hardly played under Dyche and hasn't had any influence and then he's the first person to be seen on screen after they've avoided relegation. No major issue with it, it just didn't sit right with me. Think he's sometimes too eager to be interviewed whatever the occasional or whatever part he has or hasn't played. Could understand it for us most of the time as he was our captain.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
His post match interview last night, he sounded very much a part of the fixtures and fittings at Everton going forward.
Yes I thought that, as you say he was talking like he was a permanent signing not driving back to wolves in the morning.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Well he’s used to clearing off the line, if we’re going backwards he could be useful again, away form is crying out for some solidity but I’m sure Everton will buy him unless their FFP breaches mean they can’t

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I´d welcome him back and flog either of Kilman or Collins.
Conor is better than both of them and would be a decent backup.
Especially Collins is a complete dud and Kilman cannot cope without daddy at his side.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Normally once the season ends in regards the matches they return to the parent club because of registration, unless there is an obligation to buy, where the registration swaps to the new club for the first “official day of registration and competition” of the Next season

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the interview or in general?

If you mean in general, he left after he was third choice. Bruno Lage wanted to keep him as he went on record about wanting two players for each position, and if to prove a point, he decided to play Neves at centre-back, so he clearly wanted to keep Coady. But, we let him go, so you could argue he was disrespectful in pushing for a move from a club who had given him so much.

He then did a series of things that aren't big issues, but he would go on about the size of Everton, the fans (best atmosphere I've ever heard in a 12:30 game against Liverpool), a lot more to curry favour with the new supporters due to his Liverpool connection.

We also effectively let him go considering it's widely reported he will cost £4.5m, so that's a massive thing for us to do and he didn't seem to appreciate it.

A family member laughed at us/mocked Lage after he was sacked and we lost. Not Coady directly but it's extremely disrespectful and presumably came from his stance to them.

Now, you might not find these things disrespectful, and I'm not crying or anything like that - the usual response to comments like this, but I'm just answering the question.

I should add, if this was any other player I would say it's probably not that bad to be honest. However, Coady wasn't any other player. He was the leader and as much as we loved him for it, he loved that role and embraced it.

He was almost 'Mr Wolves' and he went off like that, which is why I think it was disrespectful. Again, maybe that's just me, maybe I'm overstating his position, but players synonymous with clubs don't just leave at the first opportunity.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Normally once the season ends in regards the matches they return to the parent club because of registration, unless there is an obligation to buy, where the registration swaps to the new club for the first “official day of registration and competition” of the Next season
This season is live for another 2 weeks yet, then the internationals which are considered part of this season to come too.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i’m still waiting for anyone to tell and show me what he’s done to earn ANY disrespect.
Dared to move to another club and he knows and we know he's never coming back to wolves (even if he doesnt stay at everton). People love to give players grief but of all of them, coady deserves zilch.

This sort of thing is exactly why players don't have a lot of time for fans' opinions when it comes down to it. Playing and supporting are very different.

Ofc people have a right to express their views but that doesn't mean they make any sense. Football is an emotional game at heart and there's nothing worse than seeing a previous favourite elsewhere, and coady's situ was messy. What people say is generally just justification for what they feel. Which is ok when we realise it :)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season is live for another 2 weeks yet, then the internationals which are considered part of this season to come too.
Yeah, from experience non internationals would have cleared the lockers at the training ground of the loan club at the last training session before the weekend.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the interview or in general?

If you mean in general, he left after he was third choice. Bruno Lage wanted to keep him as he went on record about wanting two players for each position, and if to prove a point, he decided to play Neves at centre-back, so he clearly wanted to keep Coady. But, we let him go, so you could argue he was disrespectful in pushing for a move from a club who had given him so much.

He then did a series of things that aren't big issues, but he would go on about the size of Everton, the fans (best atmosphere I've ever heard in a 12:30 game against Liverpool), a lot more to curry favour with the new supporters due to his Liverpool connection.

We also effectively let him go considering it's widely reported he will cost £4.5m, so that's a massive thing for us to do and he didn't seem to appreciate it.

A family member laughed at us/mocked Lage after he was sacked and we lost. Not Coady directly but it's extremely disrespectful and presumably came from his stance to them.

Now, you might not find these things disrespectful, and I'm not crying or anything like that - the usual response to comments like this, but I'm just answering the question.

I should add, if this was any other player I would say it's probably not that bad to be honest. However, Coady wasn't any other player. He was the leader and as much as we loved him for it, he loved that role and embraced it.

He was almost 'Mr Wolves' and he went off like that, which is why I think it was disrespectful. Again, maybe that's just me, maybe I'm overstating his position, but players synonymous with clubs don't just leave at the first opportunity.
thank you. so basically some of our fans are ****ing snowflakes.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's made his bed. I loved the lad, and he was integral to the Nuno game. He'll always be liked for his part in that brilliant side.

He's done for us now though. They said he was a scouser... and he was/is. Ta ra in a bit.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, from experience non internationals would have cleared the lockers at the training ground of the loan club at the last training session before the weekend.
We're not talking about when a player goes on holiday though, we're debating when said player is contractually assigned to his loan club.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not talking about when a player goes on holiday though, we're debating when said player is contractually assigned to his loan club.
Oh I know, I think I said in an earlier post that they are at the loan club till the end of the season, then back at the “parent” club for the first day of “competition/preseason and registration”

Was just saying that loan players emptied the lockers days ago.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just made a point of watching his post match interview. How on earth is anyone having a problem with it?
I haven't seen the interview but trawling through some of the Coady stuff on here is embarrassing. He captained us for the best 3 seasons since the 70s. Anyone who is perceived, even remotely, to be anti-Wolves on here, be it former players, managers, referees, VAR, the Prem, UEFA, whoever, gets automatically slated. Sometimes the truth hurts.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually hope he gets his move, he is clearly happy and wants to be there.

Was a massive moment for him and his team mates, must have been a bloody tense ;last week.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reason why he's been dropped by Everton.

Great bloke and a good leader. Physically he's not a centre half. Why he was a Defensive midfielder before Nuno. Nuno created a structure that allowed him to be the free defender and let him sweep up. Teams learnt how to isolate him and his issues started to show, especially under Lage as the wheels came off.

He's been replaced by Dawson who, if we go to a back 5 should take his place. It'll protect Dawson who is slow and can be an issue with a high line and isolated covering outwide.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not so much that, it's more that he's hardly played under Dyche and hasn't had any influence and then he's the first person to be seen on screen after they've avoided relegation. No major issue with it, it just didn't sit right with me. Think he's sometimes too eager to be interviewed whatever the occasional or whatever part he has or hasn't played. Could understand it for us most of the time as he was our captain.
Maybe he has been pivotal to survival in a cheerleading capacity, he isnt just a footballer you know

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this, and if we do have limited capability for player signings this summer. We should be taking Coady back if the chance arises. If we do lose 4 or 5 first team squad players then we cant afford to dismiss another experienced player. We need defensive solidity and a back 5 with Coady in the middle is the most solid we have been in the premier league.
Let's sort the defence out and then work on getting an effective blend of the attacking 3, 4 or 5 players.
(I am not a massive coady fan, but if we believe the noise coming out about recruitment, we need to be very careful with who we are letting go)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Suggestions of Sheff U, which returns me to thinking he's not coming back even if Everton don't want him. He's 30 now, so a 3 year contract on a similar wage at a place he knows, they know the buyout Everton have, so they can probably have him for about the same. Not worth considering whether we want him to come back (which I very much doubt).

Really another one where the whole thing is just a shame, should have just sold him for £15m last season and there would have been no need to sour the relationship with all this rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom