Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching a documentary a few weeks ago on NHK about knee ligament injuries. The Japanese are hoping to conduct human trials next year using bovine tendons to repair ligaments rather than using tissue from other parts of the person in need of surgery. They are hoping in 10 years' time it could be standard practice and be less invasive than current procedures.

It might help other footballers who have had the same problem as Chiquinho. It's something to keep an eye on.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The muscle atrophy is the really scary part! He's only been off his leg for a month or so. When I'm injured I just get fatter, not leaner :tearsofjoy:
I had surgery to fix a recurring anterior dislocation of my shoulder. After a month of my arm being in a sling I'd lost all muscle tone in my shoulder.

I'm quite a big lad, built for brute force, not speed. It looked weird, not only had the muscle vanished there was no fat to it either. All skin and bone, I looked like one of those crabs with one big claw and one small one - a Beadle Crab if you will.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The muscle atrophy is the really scary part! He's only been off his leg for a month or so. When I'm injured I just get fatter, not leaner :tearsofjoy:
I broke my knee and knackered my cruciate in a motorbike accident a few (more than a few tbh) years ago and after the surgeon screwed my tibial plateau (apparently) back together again, I was put in a plaster for a good 6 months … when they finally cut it off (the plaster, not the leg), it was as if somebody had replaced my right leg with a broom handle… I hadn’t thought about muscular atrophy but it shocked me!

I also got fatter.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching a documentary a few weeks ago on NHK about knee ligament injuries. The Japanese are hoping to conduct human trials next year using bovine tendons to repair ligaments rather than using tissue from other parts of the person in need of surgery. They are hoping in 10 years' time it could be standard practice and be less invasive than current procedures.

It might help other footballers who have had the same problem as Chiquinho. It's something to keep an eye on.
Bovine ligaments? That must have been Bully’s secret… ahead of his time that fellow!

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had surgery to fix a recurring anterior dislocation of my shoulder. After a month of my arm being in a sling I'd lost all muscle tone in my shoulder.

I'm quite a big lad, built for brute force, not speed. It looked weird, not only had the muscle vanished there was no fat to it either. All skin and bone, I looked like one of those crabs with one big claw and one small one - a Beadle Crab if you will.

I know it’s a bit inappropriate and I hope you recovered quickly and are all well and fine… But this made me laugh so much, the mental imagery, it literally made my day after a crappy day at work! So thanks, not for getting an injury but the post!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You sound a lot like me, I'm almost as broad as I am tall!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't even need to be injured...I just keep getting fatter :sweatsmile:
Tbh I don't either. I was training 5/6 days a week from Jan till I got injured in July, and barely lost half a stone! Since then, that's gone back on and then some!!!

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they used Cheetah tendons, could he run even faster?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yup. Six weeks in plaster after an ankle op and l had no calf muscles.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it’s a bit inappropriate and I hope you recovered quickly and are all well and fine… But this made me laugh so much, the mental imagery, it literally made my day after a crappy day at work! So thanks, not for getting an injury but the post!
It was a long time ago. Fully recovered now, well as much as I'm gonna anyway. I've 80% of the movement I once had but doesn't stop me doing anything. The muscle came back within three months despite my lacklustre attitude to rehab. I can feel the metalwork in my shoulder when the weather changes and the weirdest thing, loud music hurts too sometimes.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a long time ago. Fully recovered now, well as much as I'm gonna anyway. I've 80% of the movement I once had but doesn't stop me doing anything. The muscle came back within three months despite my lacklustre attitude to rehab. I can feel the metalwork in my shoulder when the weather changes and the weirdest thing, loud music hurts too sometimes.

That’s fascinating about the loud music, is it the vibration from the sound that does it do you think?

Back
Top Bottom