Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is horrible.

His knee looks like the foam rubber on a Stretch-Armstrong toy when you bend it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hidden behind spoiler due to being a bit gross

Ouch!

Reminds me of my wife’s foot when she did her ankle last summer. She broke it in three places and dislocated it. Required surgery and 2 metal plates to fix. Different injury but equally horrific. She rated the pain as 11/10, where 10 is childbirth.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe they should offer us Cornet on a year’s loan.

We pay wages, Cornet stays in PL. If Burnley come up they get him back (and hopefully we get Chiquinho back), if they don’t we have option to buy for £10m.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ouch!

Reminds me of my wife’s foot when she did her ankle last summer. She broke it in three places and dislocated it. Required surgery and 2 metal plates to fix. Different injury but equally horrific. She rated the pain as 11/10, where 10 is childbirth.
Sounds awful. However, I am glad she admitted that childbirth wasn't all that. I was sure that its just something they say to make us do the washing up. Trod on some lego once. Now that is painful.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe they should offer us Cornet on a year’s loan.

We pay wages, Cornet stays in PL. If Burnley come up they get him back (and hopefully we get Chiquinho back), if they don’t we have option to buy for £10m.

Then get a youngster to snap his knee on the last day of training, just before we send him back, to teach them a lesson?

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Jeez, poor kid. :(

Sounds like a similar injury to the one Stevie May sustained in a tackle by Richard Stearman. At the time he was 23, playing in the Championship, and had just made his Scotland debut. One bas tackle, a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament later, and he was pretty much told his career was over. Supposedly the surgeon said it was an injury you're more likely to see on a car crash victim, rather than on a football pitch.

He's still playing, but is nowhere near the player he was. He now struggles to kick the ball with any real power, actively shies away from tackles (frustrating, but understandable I supposes), and is a shadow of the confident player he was before it. A wee bit about it here if you can be ***** reading it - Are May's best days yet to come?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds awful. However, I am glad she admitted that childbirth wasn't all that. I was sure that its just something they say to make us do the washing up. Trod on some lego once. Now that is painful.
Now that is fighting talk... lol

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Ouch!

A kick in the balls is 12/10, so meh.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Jeez, poor kid. :(

Sounds like a similar injury to the one Stevie May sustained in a tackle by Richard Stearman. At the time he was 23, playing in the Championship, and had just made his Scotland debut. One bas tackle, a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament later, and he was pretty much told his career was over. Supposedly the surgeon said it was an injury you're more likely to see on a car crash victim, rather than on a football pitch.

He's still playing, but is nowhere near the player he was. He now struggles to kick the ball with any real power, actively shies away from tackles (frustrating, but understandable I supposes), and is a shadow of the confident player he was before it. A wee bit about it here if you can be ***** reading it - Are May's best days yet to come?
I was kind of 'glass half empty' until you took a big swig out of it!

D

Deleted member intdint

Doesn’t look good. Wish him the very best, he’s in good hands.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saddened by this. Really thought this was going to be his breakout season, clearly has huge potential. Sounds like it's going to more of a "worse case" scenario and probably out for the season. I just hope he recovers to a point where he can carry on where he left off.

An injury of this type in a "friendly" seems doubly bad luck - a part of me thinks we have probably been done by some opposing thug again. In the photo, it looks a bad challenge, though that doesn't always tell the story. Has anybody seen video of the challenge? Need to know, so I can prepare the Burnley voodoo doll for the perpetrator. :mad:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, that is not good. Do we know if it’s a partial tear or has he completely snapped his ACL?

Remember seeing a tweet from sombody claiming to be an expert, says mostly more then just an acl. 12-18 months recovery time.

But of course, could be complete rubbish.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right this minute? Probably. Peak Doherty vs what we've had from Semedo so far? Not a chance.
Semedo clearly a better player overall.. but Doherty offered a lot more end-product. If the desired product from our fullbacks was to be goals.

In Nuno’s systems I would argue it was.. goals and assists. With the back 4 we have now, I would fear for Doherty massively.

Back
Top Bottom