Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same Corbeanu who failed to be a regular at MK Dons?

Harry Kane went on loan to Leicester and was on the bench for most of the season, with David Nugent and Martyn Waghorn picked ahead of him.

The next season he played 10 games in the Premier League. The following 4 season he averaged 26 goals a season.

I'm not saying Corbeanu is Harry Kane! But sometimes an opportunity arises and players grab it with both hands, regardless of what's happened in the past.

If people think Corbeanou and Campbell are likely to be serious answers to our problems we’re in big trouble. A guy who’s played about 17 games for MK Dons in league One and a lad from the under 23’s. This is the premier league FFS.

You could say exactly the same about Chiquinho! A young, raw prospect from Portugal, who was going to be a backup player next season. Nothing was expected of him when he signed in January, but he raised his game way above expectations. Absolutely no reason why one of the younger players couldn't do exactly the same.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this very bad news MUST surely stir the recruitment team, into action re new signings!!

It REALLY IS becoming VERY frustrating, seeing other clubs making squad enhancing signings!!

OK so we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but we REALLY do need reassurances from the club , that positive recruitment is imminent.

C'mon Wolves, you know it makes sense!!!
My old keyboard caps button used to stick like that as well. Annoying isn't it.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't understand talking negatively of Chem Campbell, the more academy players that come through the more I relate to the team, it is all well and good having some Portuguese wonderkids but nothing beats a bloke from the black country banging them in wearing the old gold

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand talking negatively of Chem Campbell, the more academy players that come through the more I relate to the team, it is all well and good having some Portuguese wonderkids but nothing beats a bloke from the black country banging them in wearing the old gold
Chem Campbell our Birmingham born Welsh U17 international..... 'bloke from the Black Country'???

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf born a few miles away in brum
.... as opposed to a few more miles away in Porto lol....

Joking apart l get the attractions of a local lad doing well. That is one of the reasons why l really want MGW, if he stays, to come good this season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm part Welsh born in Nuneaton say yam and live in Stoke what does that make me
As someone half Irish, born in Shropshire, now living in London, l really don't have a clue lol....

Edited to add: My other half is Ghanaian just to make things better....

Last edited:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harry Kane went on loan to Leicester and was on the bench for most of the season, with David Nugent and Martyn Waghorn picked ahead of him.

The next season he played 10 games in the Premier League. The following 4 season he averaged 26 goals a season.

I'm not saying Corbeanu is Harry Kane! But sometimes an opportunity arises and players grab it with both hands, regardless of what's happened in the past.

You could say exactly the same about Chiquinho! A young, raw prospect from Portugal, who was going to be a backup player next season. Nothing was expected of him when he signed in January, but he raised his game way above expectations. Absolutely no reason why one of the younger players couldn't do exactly the same.
I've made similar points on here numerous times as so many seem to think a 19/20 year old should be Premier League first team ready if they are ever going to make it at the top level, yet there are countless examples of current and past greats where this was patently not the case

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One reason for optimism about this season gone.
In all honesty, myself and my son have both said we aren't looking forward to this season.
I hope to god it not the chore that that the last eight games last year became.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people think Corbeanou and Campbell are likely to be serious answers to our problems we’re in big trouble. A guy who’s played about 17 games for MK Dons in league One and a lad from the under 23’s. This is the premier league FFS.

Are we talking about starting or being back ups. Right now they'll be 6th choice. What's the issue?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One reason for optimism about this season gone.
In all honesty, myself and my son have both said we aren't looking forward to this season.
I hope to god it not the chore that that the last eight games last year became.
Last 8 games.....longer than that I reckon.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Really gutted about this. And for the player. Really thought he would have an impact this year. And not good for a young talent to have such a bad injury. Seem to have a history of this eith promosing players (Ennis, Shabani and Jordao coming to mind)

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was from a bad challenge according to reports, in a friendly. ****** Burnley trash.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've made similar points on here numerous times as so many seem to think a 19/20 year old should be Premier League first team ready if they are ever going to make it at the top level, yet there are countless examples of current and past greats where this was patently not the case

And even more countless examples of players who were not great at 19/20 and remained not great for ever. (Count me in there somewhere!)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really, really upsetting. I thought this season was going to be a coming out party for him. He's probably done for the year.

Coops

Reaction score
anyone seen the tackle that talking wolves have just put up on twitter?

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jesus. Just seen the picture, that looks horrific.

A human is definitely not supposed to bend like that.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He cer

think it was this guy
Certainly looks the type. Sloping forehead, dead look behind the eyes, trained to stop or maime.

Back
Top Bottom