Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chinese owners - Russian fall out

Lycaon

Reaction score
I’d much prefer them to stay and continue and complete the project they set out to do
Unfortunately the project is dead in the water in these uncertain times, hate to say it but they’ll be looking for a potential buyer anytime soon!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Holding a flag inside a stadium broadcast to hundreds of millions across the world is useful.
Palace vs Wolves aren't seen by close to hundreds of millions. It is around 3.5M on average

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Politics has no place in football The Premier League has became a laughing Stock.. I'm expecting political speeches next as the pre match entertainment Has no one read Animal Farm or 1984.
Politics always has been and always will be part of football. Delusion to think that.

I think you need to re-read those two books you mentioned, as you clearly didn't get the message.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Politics always has been and always will be part of football. Delusion to think that.

I think you need to re-read those two books you mentioned, as you clearly didn't get the message.
Well not really... For the vast majority of my time following Wolves I've turned up at the ground, the game's kicked off, we've played it and I've gone back to the pub with no politics involved whatsoever. And that's how I like it.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Sam Smatterface earlier referenced 2 unsavoury incidents at Turf Moor & Molineux on Talksport. Apparenty some Chelki fans were singing Abramovich songs, but any idea what this may have been at Mol? I didn't stick around to hear if there was any follow up. Probably BS, but he definitely made such a reference.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Sam Smatterface earlier referenced 2 unsavoury incidents at Turf Moor & Molineux on Talksport. Apparenty some Chelki fans were singing Abramovich songs, but any idea what this may have been at Mol? I didn't stick around to hear if there was any follow up. Probably BS, but he definitely made such a reference.
I was at Molineux today and everything seemed spot on, as Tîm Spiers alludes to here:

I did hear a report on the radio that the Chelsea fans sang an Abramovich song during the minute of respect for Ukraine at Turf Moor.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I was at Molineux today and everything seemed spot on, as Tîm Spiers alludes to here:

I did hear a report on the radio that the Chelsea fans sang an Abramovich song during the minute of respect for Ukraine at Turf Moor.
Thanks for that. I didn't for one moment believe there was anything in Matterface's comment, but he definitely said Turf Moor & Molineux. Probably lazy / ill-informed journalism.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately the project is dead in the water in these uncertain times, hate to say it but they’ll be looking for a potential buyer anytime soon!
Why do you think that? I see no signs or hints or change in policy to suggest that is accurate.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
We did the absolute minimum we could today! Should be doing a lot more considering we have a player who is affected by this war.

1minute applause and a message on the screen as instructed by the PL whilst other clubs went above and beyond by providing fans with scarves, creating mosaics, arranging bucket collections etc.

Very poor from wolves
Yes kiddy have to agree with very poor from wolves today off the pitch aswell .think thay might have been spoken to by forsen as probably foson where spoken to by China I wore my Ukraine ribbon on my coat today didn't see any one else I passed or came into contact with one one .I even thought the stand with Ukraine message on the screen was small compared to say villas screen. on Thursday will be taking my Ukraine flag to wave from the North Bank. Is it me or has the message of taking the knee run it's course now personally I think it has .

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Yes kiddy have to agree with very poor from wolves today off the pitch aswell .think thay might have been spoken to by forsen as probably foson where spoken to by China I wore my Ukraine ribbon on my coat today didn't see any one else I passed or came into contact with one one .I even thought the stand with Ukraine message on the screen was small compared to say villas screen. on Thursday will be taking my Ukraine flag to wave from the North Bank. Is it me or has the message of taking the knee run it's course now personally I think it has .
One of the stalls by the subway was selling Ukraine scarves. I saw the lady who goes home and away with her guide dog had a Ukraine scarf but didn’t see anyone else with one.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may have been watching a different illegal stream to you, but they have also cancelled Premier league matches, but without giving a reason.
They just direct you to the official sites.
We can still watch grasshopers at least.

Wolf in Kent

Reaction score
There were no flags on the Steve Bull stand roof , is this unusual? A chance to fly the Ukrainian one missed perhaps

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right mate, absolutely sick of this gesture-politics stuff in football.
Gesture politics?!

There's a god damn war going on a few hours from us, and in the mother/fatherland of one of our players. A sign of support in a football game is a global way to show that even though none of us can be on the ground with them, that they're not fighting it alone.

Politics and football go hand in hand. Time people accepted it and if not, seek another pastime, maybe knitting.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Well not really... For the vast majority of my time following Wolves I've turned up at the ground, the game's kicked off, we've played it and I've gone back to the pub with no politics involved whatsoever. And that's how I like it.
Just because you were blind to it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Football was one of the biggest political tools used by the Thatcher government to demonise the working class "louts".

You also haven't noticed the poppies on the shirts or minutes silence for Remembrance every year for decades at this point? Very odd.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People applaud the players taking the knee now, its part of the game.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise they are trying every conceivable thing to get the Russian public to put pressure on Putin and avoid WW3?
And we recognize that there are people suffering and dying in Ukraine.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Just because you were blind to it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Football was one of the biggest political tools used by the Thatcher government to demonise the working class "louts".

You also haven't noticed the poppies on the shirts or minutes silence for Remembrance every year for decades at this point? Very odd.
I was only a kid during Thatcher's time, but I'd say that political interference heavily contributed to the low attendances during that period. Furthering the argument that football and politics are better kept apart.

Yes, of course I've noticed poppies on shirts etc, but I don't think that constitutes politics 'always' being involved with football as you claim. However, even that almost universally accepted ritual has managed to stir up criticism and controversy over the years.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair China won't be looking to cancel all ties with the West. It'll be the opposite. They are in such a strong position.

Those saying politics don't belong in football, Don't be so naive, look at the current premierleague owners.. The premier League is the Pyramid stage of world soft politics.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I’ve heard about the Chelsea fans opting to chant Roman Abramovich’s name during the support for Ukraine at Turf Moore !!

They don’t even deserve a fool’s pardon, it’s just plain ignorance!!

Are the Chinese authorities any better with their decision to ban Premier League coverage over the weekend?

They’re are wider issues abroad here, the Premier League and most of the clubs in it have never been too bothered about the source of the funding that has come into the game and into the individual clubs. No, just give us the money, no questions asked! In most cases the sources are murky not too say mucky, trampling over people’s most basic human rights!!

We all have to stand up and be counted, and the ignorant Chelsea fans failed miserably!

There were no dissenting voices at Molineux, the applause was genuine from all four corners of the ground.

As for Wolves, I agree the the project is over or appears to be over. Uncertainty in the world of money rather than any other consideration, will be the likely reason!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree this could be bad for wolves. Their owners want to grow the brand in china.
Any idea on what the Chinese public are being told as to why there will be no coverage?

Right now, they are watching highlights of our glorious 12-0 win over Crystal Palace. Fabio justifying his fee with 6 goals, but the highlight being Jeff Shi to come on as sub and score the 12th. Wolves title bid is very much on, now that Man City and Liverpool have both lost their last 6 games.

Lycaon

Reaction score
To be fair China won't be looking to cancel all ties with the West. It'll be the opposite. They are in such a strong position.

Those saying politics don't belong in football, Don't be so naive, look at the current premierleague owners.. The premier League is the Pyramid stage of world soft politics.
As I previously posted, “Sport” in general has been hijacked when there’s a political agenda and suites the narrative.

I would suggest that China abstaining from resolutions is an indication that they aren’t happy!

Lycaon

Reaction score
Interesting to note the investment Fosun have made in Russia over the last few years is eye watering! (Google it!)

The money they’ve lost in various Western ventures will pale as insignificant compared to what they’ll lose in Russia!

Don’t expect any investment anytime soon in little old Wolves!

Perhaps there’s a reason why China are so quiet?

Back
Top Bottom