Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chesterfield - EFL Trophy - Presumably 30 Aug

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Formerly the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Is anyone else going to this? Tempted to go down as it's a mile's walk from my mum's if I go and visit, but I genuinely think there may be less than 100 away fans there?

Couldn't see any ticket info on town's site nor Wolves'.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I'll try my best to get there, definitely.

W

wolvesultra

have they confirmed the fixtures for the groups then (who's at home / away to who etc)

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
We're away at Chesterfield and Crewe, then at home to Accrington.

I'm assuming the Chesterfield game is August 30th, because we were due to play West Brom in the U23 League that same day, but that's been brought forward to Friday 26th.

Chesterfield (A)- August 30th
Crewe (A)- October 4th
Accrington (H)- November 8th

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quick bump, still precious little information but town's site seems to suggest it's £11 a ticket and £2 for concessions. Might give their ticket office a call.

W

wolvesultra

Wolves tweeting people to contact the ticket office for info (why not just put the info online)

B

Benson

Wolves tweeting people to contact the ticket office for info (why not just put the info online)

They reacted quick when they realised they had missed the info. Twitter first to get info out as soon as possible. Will be on the website later.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed something here? Is this the same as the Sherpa Van? Why are we in it?

B

Benson

Have I missed something here? Is this the same as the Sherpa Van? Why are we in it?

16 clubs from "PL 2" are in it. When several top clubs said no, we got the question and accepted to compete in it. But note its our U21 team - not our senior team.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WolvesVerified account‏@OfficialWolves
@Johnny_G2012 @CheckatradeTrpy £10 for adults, £5 for seniors and Under-21s, £1 for Under-17s.
I'll have to admit I'm not a Twitter expert but when I clicked on that thread it looked as though that could be the coach prices?

Might take my little girl to her first match. Couldn't get through to Chesterfield's box office number when I tried but their Twitter are trying to get me in to their end lol

Fond memories of seeing Chesterfield beat Swindon at Wembley in the 2012 final, does seem a little devalued now though.

Other than the pre season game a couple of years back, I think this is the first time we've played them since that ill fated rainy night in the first round of the league cup back in about 2007?

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
I'll be going to this. My sister is moving house the same day, so I've told her I'm at the Wolves match, save helping out. Haven't told her it's the U21s playing a cup game...

Anyone else going?

W

wolvesultra

I'll be going to this. My sister is moving house the same day, so I've told her I'm at the Wolves match, save helping out. Haven't told her it's the U21s playing a cup game...

Anyone else going?

Hahaha class!

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chesterfield just about broken the 100 figure for tickets sold, they are unsurprisingly boycotting tonight's game.

B

Benson

Chesterfield just about broken the 100 figure for tickets sold, they are unsurprisingly boycotting tonight's game.

And the club dont even know the details:
http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/ne...erers-checkatrade-trophy-preview-3278690.aspx

Talking about "Wolves U23 team", but its not. The format is U21 teams..: http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-trophy-format-confirmed-for-201617-3170687.aspx

(edit: but to be honest.. its the same thing for us as we dont play anyone over 21 in our U23 team)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
B

Benson

True. We sometimes play players who needs games after injuries, and as I read the rules we can do it in the EFL Trophy as well.
I was more referring to players like Costa, Teixeira, Saville, Coady, Evans and Wallace who are all U23 but not U21.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hope the lads that turn out tonight do themselves proud, would be good for them to put on a decent display boycott or not

grubbyears

Reaction score
CrGVFsJWYAAXkHD.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 4124

I'm reading that as:
Flatt
Simpson, EEL, Johnson, O'Hanlon
Randall, Herc, Ronan
Bright, Dicko, Gibbs-White

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to the lads, should be a good experience for them. I just watched the U23 highlights and Christian Herc is coming along very nicely isn't he. Still only 17 and looks a class above at that level already. Smart player who always looks a major threat going forward.

H

Hathwolves

not long until i leave sunny wiltshire for this. Another ground to tick off the list

GBWolf

Reaction score
Chesterfield fans (along with pretty much all of the lower league) are raging about the "B Team" element of this cup.

D

Deleted member 3545

Whats the betting Ched Evans scores for them tonight or even SEB

K

KnowleWolf

Good luck to the lads, should be a good experience for them. I just watched the U23 highlights and Christian Herc is coming along very nicely isn't he. Still only 17 and looks a class above at that level already. Smart player who always looks a major threat going forward.
Agreed. Saw both him and Sam Field, Albion's starlet, last season and Herc looked better. He's younger as well. That said Field looks a great find. Here's hoping Herc makes same progress.

B

Benson

Any stream tonight?

(sorry, just joking)

Still very confusing about "U21" or "U23". The rules clearly talks about U21 but everywhere people and media are talking about U23.
http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/checkatrade-trophy-new-disciplinary-rules-in-place-3279215.aspx
or http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-trophy-format-confirmed-for-201617-3170687.aspx

"invited clubs will have at least six under-21 players in their starting line-up"

or can be described as: "U21 teams with up to five older players. Nothing about "U23".. strange. But we can play five first teamers later in the tournament if we wants..

Back
Top Bottom