Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chem Campbell

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could this lad step up ? 19 now - youngest ever player to play for us I think v Villa . He is an attacking midfielder with the nickname Chemino .

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked good in fleeting pre season cameos I thought.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well and looked dangerous against Wigan on Tuesday night
He loves running at defenders

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll probably take Gibbs-White's place on the bench. I don't think we have too many other options until Neto is fit.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always thought he was a winger/striker but noticed he’s listed as an attacking midfielder

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very versatile too, played wing back in one pre season game. Also can play up front but most natural on the wing

He'll be on the bench a few times this season and wouldn't be surprised to se a PL debut before long

I think he has real ability... something happened that stagnated last season, and talk of Nuno not rating him but I think he's got a clean slate with Bruno and taking it so far, as Otasowie didn't, and I hope his development continues

Although he's another that is ready for a loan and some regular senior football soon, maybe Jan

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren’t Dortmund or some other Bundesliga side supposedly chasing him some time ago?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren’t Dortmund or some other Bundesliga side supposedly chasing him some time ago?
Yes, I think that was right.

Hope he comes good… shows lots of promise but for me but can be a little selfish/lacking in the final ball. I wonder if he’s coasting a little at u23 level, maybe time with the first team or a loan in jan will stretch him a little

John Williams

Groupie
Reaction score
Watched him for the under 23’s against Forest last week. He obviously has boatloads of talent but seemed to frustrate his teammates. He pulled out of a few tackles and didn’t effect the game as much as his ability could have allowed him to. I won’t judge him on the one game I’ve seen but my first impression was that he’s probably always been the ‘best’ player in any age restricted team he’s played in and could do with a loan and lower level first team football.

Cundle on the other hand, massively impressed me. He had a great game, knitted the play together with intelligent movement and passing. I was pleased to see him on the bench against United, to me he looked the most likely of the midfielders/forwards in the under 23’s to make the first team in the near future.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we see him much this season it will man injuries have kicked in I suspect. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a loan a little later.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not interested if he can't play CM!

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could this lad step up ? 19 now - youngest ever player to play for us I think v Villa . He is an attacking midfielder with the nickname Chemino .

I don't think he is anywhere near ready, having seen him many times for the U23s.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back up wise to the first team most of our better u23 players are now out on loan. Good for them in their development not so great for a first team that is thin on numbers yet again.

Campbell is promising but to me we have players out on loan now who would have been better options off the bench if needed.

I would love to know how strong the squads are for other Premier League clubs in their academies and how many players they have let out on loan. We seem to have loaned out an awful lot of player and left our academy sides very thin. Is it the same with other Premier League academies?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Campbell goes somewhere too.

Do you think he's ready for a loan move? I've only seen him in pre season

I think he and Cundle have been kept with us due to our lack of numbers. Both have trained virtually full time with the first team. Dont think we can afford to let either go out on loan at present.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. He might get a few minutes here and there but his destiny, like all our academy products, is to go out on loan and then be sold.
I know I've raised this before but when was the last time an academy graduate was a regular starter for Wolves? Over the years we seem to produce tons of up and coming youngsters but none make it and, possibly like Campbell, go out on loan and then be sold to Walsall or Kidderminster. If Fosun do a cost/benefit analysis of the academy, even in their 5 year tenure, they will have had little or no financial return. I know you can argue it gives the Club cudos (sp?) and attraction but from a financial view-point it must lose millions.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch a fair bit of the Academy games on YouTube. He always seems to be a rung above most of the other players on the pitch technically but often seems to just drift in and out of games. I season on loan in adult football would be really good for him I feel, even if it's at a lower level than we'd usually want to place them.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I've raised this before but when was the last time an academy graduate was a regular starter for Wolves? Over the years we seem to produce tons of up and coming youngsters but none make it and, possibly like Campbell, go out on loan and then be sold to Walsall or Kidderminster. If Fosun do a cost/benefit analysis of the academy, even in their 5 year tenure, they will have had little or no financial return. I know you can argue it gives the Club cudos (sp?) and attraction but from a financial view-point it must lose millions.
Owen Otasowie?
Pedro Goncalves?

They went through the academy and have generated millions for us.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think talent wise he is the pick of the under 23 players. Thing that keeps holding him back is his attitude apparently. Just get sent off today for the under 23s. Real lack of discipline

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U23's Just sent off for second bookable offence, last minute, kicking the ball away - muppet.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the game and thought he was our best player, Carries the ball with ease. Players get sent off and it was 6 mins into stoppage time, no big deal..

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a little silly but right at the end of the game but we were trying to see it out. A bit petulant but the red card wasn't a massive deal

Hot and cold, has real ability but drifted in and out a bit for me. Still think he will be a top player for us in time... bit of an attitude but no big deal if his talent backs it up

More progress needed but will continue to be just off the first team this season and maybe make a league debut at some stage

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the game and thought he was our best player, Carries the ball with ease. Players get sent off and it was 6 mins into stoppage time, no big deal..
He has a long way to go before he realises the potential some see in him. Too many times he runs into trouble, gives away a pass, has no end product, puts his team in trouble.
Needs a lot of good coaching to sharpen up on those things and matches to enhance his experience.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a long way to go before he realises the potential some see in him. Too many times he runs into trouble, gives away a pass, has no end product, puts his team in trouble.
Needs a lot of good coaching to sharpen up on those things and matches to enhance his experience.
Much easier playing in the 1st team with international players around you. Not saying he's ready yet but defo got potential.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have those millions gone?
Running the academy?! OK, Goncalves and Otasowie have raised a few millions but how much has it cost Fosun to run and man the academy in their 5 years here? Is the academy there for finding and developing young players who will play for Wolves or is it to generate funds by finding kids and selling on?

Back
Top Bottom