Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Che Adams - not signing close thread

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Soton have agreed deal for Russell from Sunderland, so Adams to Wolves next?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say Sasa is our best striker, just massive doubts over injuries.
Then a toss up between Adams and Silva, the latter offering intelligent runs, and I think in a month's time he'll have his finishing confidence back. Adams is better in the air and stronger, obviously more experienced. Then with Fraser getting minutes here and there.
I'd say it's a midtable strike force as opposed to last season's bottom of the table strike force.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would he sign a new contract with Southampton?

I get that they want to protect his value, but usually loans come with a fixed option to buy which would be agreed up front.

Unless it is purely just a loan and he's hoping to play for them again in the Prem next year?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would he sign a new contract with Southampton?

I get that they want to protect his value, but usually loans come with a fixed option to buy which would be agreed up front.

Unless it is purely just a loan and he's hoping to play for them again in the Prem next year?
They probably wouldn't let him leave if he didn't sign a year extension....it's just protecting both his and Southampton interest ...it's like a free year

Very similar to us making Fabio sign a year extension before his loan last summer....

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say Sasa is our best striker, just massive doubts over injuries.
Then a toss up between Adams and Silva, the latter offering intelligent runs, and I think in a month's time he'll have his finishing confidence back. Adams is better in the air and stronger, obviously more experienced. Then with Fraser getting minutes here and there.
I'd say it's a midtable strike force as opposed to last season's bottom of the table strike force.
At 5ft 9 Adams is not known for his aerial prowess. Fabio is 6ft 1 I think and he still needs to vastly improve his aerial work.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hes a signing a signing that we thought we weren't going to sign anyone its better than nothing n always odds on to have a shot on target stop moaning
What a great post, 'it's better than nothing............stop moaning'??? I'd rather have nothing tbh.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be delighted if we get Che Adams in.

I just don't understand the sniffy attitude, OK he is not a 'name' or some foreign mercenary but the guy has 28 premier league goals and 123 premier league appeances in his career.

Who are we going to buy that has that amount of proven premier league experience and is still capable?

Clearly Cuhna and Silva are the main men at present, there is little doubt that over the course of the season one of them are going to be unavailable at some point - Adams is great back-up to fill in or come on late in games.

This is just good squad managements for a long hard season as far as I can tell.

If he plays well he may well dislodge Silva, but it's up to the rest of the squad to raise their game.

If it doesn't work and is **** as people suggest what does it matter? It's just a loan.

If he has a Stella season and hits 20 goals £15m is going to sound like peanuts.

I just don't get the negativity. He is a good trainer, brings prem experience, might get a few goals, and more to the point costs very little.
'If he has a stellar season', 'might get a few goals', 'costs very little' - how low do you want to set the bar?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the club shop are getting the new graffiti kit ready with Adams number 9 and the mega store in China and Italy are ready .

I presume it wouldn't be £115 quid though it would be more if the number and letters are on won't it ?

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No, I've watched Wolves for 50+ years from Dougan and Richards, through Keane and Bully and Mutch and right up to Jimenez and Jota and yes I'm sad, very sad that we've come to this - Che ****ing Adams.
That’s a rose tinted view of our striking options during the last 50 years. You’ve listed some of the best to pull on the shirt, but there’s been dozens of duds and names we’d like to forget.

I’m worried this one won’t go through now. We definitely need him on board if there’s no other irons in the fire.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'If he has a stellar season', 'might get a few goals', 'costs very little' - how low do you want to set the bar?

I get you think he is ****, and to be honest he may well end up being ****.

But at the end of the day, right now that is just your opinion. You are perfectly entitled to hold that view, and as I say you may turn out to be correct.

However, given his age, his playing style, prem experience, prem goals, his 86 career goals, and his 28 premier league goals, I think that maybe, just maybe, he could have a couple of good seasons in him.

The more important thing is he doesn't have to score 15-20 goals to be a success, as back up striker if he chips in with 5-8 goals he would (given the performance of our other strikers) be top scorer.

I just don't get the negativity, Cunha and Silva are the clubs big assets. They are going to want them to play and score to increase their value, but you can't rely on fitness or form, and we know its high risk to put our faith in Sasa after his injuries.

Adams is just a really really smart loan signing if you ask me, but like I say its all about opinions.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, who are you getting to come in and be the third striker. One with some experience and history of goal scoring? Who is going to happy with that role? Which player do you recommend? Can't wait to hear it.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the club shop are getting the new graffiti kit ready with Adams number 9 and the mega store in China and Italy are ready .

I presume it wouldn't be £115 quid though it would be more if the number and letters are on won't it ?
Have seen pictures on-line of Fabio's back with him wearing a Wolves shirt with 9 on it (not 29)

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is the number 9 as they have just updated the wolves site

****ing gutted I was just about to order my Adams one as well for £200 quid .

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don't begin to compare Adams with Jimenez. World's apart.

Raul was in the 2019-20 season a world class player having the best season of his career. He got 17 goals and was awesome. We would all love that bloke back, but he is not that man any more. He had a major injury and is 33 next birthday.

Jimenez Prem Goals

2020-21 - 4
2021-22 - 6
2022-23 - 0

Adams Prem Goals

2020-21 - 9
2021-22 - 7
2022-23 - 5

We can all love Raul for what he was, and what he did. But Adams is a great back-up striker to have.

Cunha has been brilliant running with the ball and should with his talent score loads of goals. Silva is staying and has been given the No 9 shirt, so he should get better. But there is nothing to say Adams can outscore both of them given the games.

Like I said in an earlier post, I just don't get the negativity. Give the bloke a chance, he is a proven prem goal scorer.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, who are you getting to come in and be the third striker. One with some experience and history of goal scoring? Who is going to happy with that role? Which player do you recommend? Can't wait to hear it.

He'd probably want no-one and then moan if Sasa, Silva & Cunha are injured/suspended that there's no back up.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
He'll be a good signing, now we'll have a new central defender, midfielder and an experienced forward which is what was needed

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I always liked the guy, kinda hoped we would have signed him from blues a few years ago. Seems like a decent fella and works really hard.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun tbf have the resources. Its more now their will to drive us on. I still think their ambition is high for us, but they need to accept they need to put in more money to get the project back on track.
I just don't think this is true anymore. Try googling "fosun outlook."

China is not what it was economically before the pandemic. Their policy has shifted.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't think this is true anymore. Try googling "fosun outlook."

China is not what it was economically before the pandemic. Their policy has shifted.

They do have the funds if they wanted to though. They are making profits again, 10.9 % in the first 6 months of this year. Whether they push it or not is a different story, but the capability is certainly there.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adams Prem Goals

2020-21 - 9
2021-22 - 7
2022-23 - 5

That brings back memories of school tests: "Q. What is the next number in this sequence: 9, 7, 5, ?" It's 3, isn't it? Ah well, if it includes the winner v Villa , that will do.

floydstreet

Reaction score
We have Matteus money burning a hole in our pockets

IF we think ihrqnacho is an upgrade
Get him

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul was in the 2019-20 season a world class player having the best season of his career. He got 17 goals and was awesome. We would all love that bloke back, but he is not that man any more. He had a major injury and is 33 next birthday.

Jimenez Prem Goals

2020-21 - 4
2021-22 - 6
2022-23 - 0

Adams Prem Goals

2020-21 - 9
2021-22 - 7
2022-23 - 5

We can all love Raul for what he was, and what he did. But Adams is a great back-up striker to have.

Cunha has been brilliant running with the ball and should with his talent score loads of goals. Silva is staying and has been given the No 9 shirt, so he should get better. But there is nothing to say Adams can outscore both of them given the games.

Like I said in an earlier post, I just don't get the negativity. Give the bloke a chance, he is a proven prem goal scorer.
Don’t let facts get in the way …

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
strange that it all seemed good to go and then off all of sudden
I'm guessing the way it was reported yesterday was that Southampton thought we'd for sure be buying him next year. And I think the plan for Hobbs is just having cover for Fabio, if he fails and Sasa, if he gets hurt.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Southampton did this with lemina a few years ago

Back
Top Bottom