Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Che Adams - not signing close thread

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't we get to Europe a few years ago under Fosun? I don't agree with the statement that this is our level, but if you do and thats what you're willing accept. That's your perogative.

I also don't disagree that we might be making moves to follow a Brighton model. It's, as you say, a good model. We're not there yet though, by any stretch. After the gift that has played out since preseason, I'll continue to have my reservations around our ability to get any new approach to transition effectively and come together for the benefit of the club.

And just for the record, my point here was made in context of Che Adams, about being underwhelmed by him signing. Never mentioned the validity if the other signings, what so ever. There absolutely no statement made to say I'm 'blowing' away the Doyle, Gonzalez, Bueno signings. They 'could' all come good. Do I think they will bring the improvement we potentially need right now? I'm unsure, but time will tell.
Starting to wonder if our European adventure was primarily down to Fosun’s error in appointing Nuno, if you kiss enough frogs ……

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d guess the deal has stalled because Southampton would prefer a straight sale?

Maybe a £10M straight purchase offer would appeal to them more.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because there replacement fell through
Seemingly the Stewart deal is back on. I'm a Wolves fan of 20+ years but take my lad to watch Sunderland (live in Newcastle so it's on our doorstep and cheap). Reading RTG (their main forum) today and I think most just want Stewart gone now, same as we felt about Nunes.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemingly the Stewart deal is back on. I'm a Wolves fan of 20+ years but take my lad to watch Sunderland (live in Newcastle so it's on our doorstep and cheap). Reading RTG (their main forum) today and I think most just want Stewart gone now, same as we felt about Nunes.
I said a bit higher that it isn’t dead…..

there needs to be a set number of match ban for going on strike to force a move through enforced by the league. Would stop this behaviour dead…..

City wouldn’t have pushed the deal if Nunes was looking at a 5 game ban for refusing to train……

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

there needs to be a set number of match ban for going on strike to force a move through enforced by the league. Would stop this behaviour dead…..

City wouldn’t have pushed the deal if Nunes was looking at a 5 game ban for refusing to train……
Sorry, for clarity, I don't think Stewart has refused to play (he's injured that often that he's not featured since early 2023 and they spent the bulk of the season without a recognised striker - miracle they finished in the top 6 really).

More that he's out of contract at the end of the season so club is desperate to cash in, and fans want the money rather than the drama. 10 to 12m for a player in the last year of his contract, who is a good striker but injury plagued and only played a handful of championship games, is probably a good move for Sunderland.

Plus the owners seem to be trying to move to a youth model - they're trying to push Danny Batth out which seems ridiculous as a) he was voted POTS last year and b) if he'd had been on the pitch, they'd have beaten Luton in the second leg.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Is Stewart any good? Any reason we shouldn’t go for him instead of Adams?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, for clarity, I don't think Stewart has refused to play (he's injured that often that he's not featured since early 2023 and they spent the bulk of the season without a recognised striker - miracle they finished in the top 6 really).

More that he's out of contract at the end of the season so club is desperate to cash in, and fans want the money rather than the drama. 10 to 12m for a player in the last year of his contract, who is a good striker but injury plagued and only played a handful of championship games, is probably a good move for Sunderland.

Plus the owners seem to be trying to move to a youth model - they're trying to push Danny Batth out which seems ridiculous as a) he was voted POTS last year and b) if he'd had been on the pitch, they'd have beaten Luton in the second leg.
That is on me mate, I went on a nunes point after it….

Sorry…..

BluestackWolf

Reaction score

If the transfer window ended before the season started it would also put a stop to a lot of this last minute nonsense. City only came calling because KDB got injured.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is on me mate, I went on a nunes point after it….

Sorry…..
No I completely agree. I think the comparison still stands- fans get fed up of the drama, you're potentially stuck with a player that clearly doesn't want to be there long term, and there's money and harmony to be had from just getting rid. Likewise presumably you get players in the last year of their contract who don't want to risk injury and don't come back quickly.

We'll have to see how it pans out - ironically Sunderland play Southampton in the early Saturday kick off and my lad and I are probably going (final day of our holiday and couldn't even give the tickets away).

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be in the minority here, but I think Che Adams is bang average. I would rather play Fraser than him.
That's pretty silly, IMO. Adams has a history of scoring in this league. Fraser is very young and inexperienced, just like Fabio. Adams wasn't coming in to start games but be cover incase stuff happens to the other strikers (ie: Fabio doesn't cut it and Sasa gets hurt).

Plus it's better for Fraser to play and develop than to sit on the bench or in the stands.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm romancing over local lad Fraser getting games but we could still do with experienced cover. I think if Southampton have dicked us then we are going to have to move pretty quickly elsewhere. I can't see Podence going if we don't land another forward with a proven goal threat.

bigwolf

Reaction score
That's pretty silly, IMO. Adams has a history of scoring in this league. Fraser is very young and inexperienced, just like Fabio. Adams wasn't coming in to start games but be cover incase stuff happens to the other strikers (ie: Fabio doesn't cut it and Sasa gets hurt).

Plus it's better for Fraser to play and develop than to sit on the bench or in the stands.

Fraser makes Silva look like a seasoned pro.

Fraser is our new McAlinden.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be in the minority here, but I think Che Adams is bang average. I would rather play Fraser than him.

He is average, but you'd probably want to ship Fraser to League Two after a couple of Prem games. Nice cameo in the week but a long way off it yet.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at the Stadium of Light today. Southampton woeful and Adams coming on for the second half, playing like someone that didn't want to be there.

Has the full reasoning for the deal collapsing been made known? Stewart deal went through fairly late on.

Back
Top Bottom