Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Charles Ross on WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else hear him tonight? Saying Lambert should get 3 transfer windows.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was also blaming the Molineux supporters for our poor home record.

Charles Ross always seems to surface after a good result to berate fans who dare to criticise an underperforming manager when things aren't going well. The only times I heard him on WM towards the end of last season was after good results to have a go about the Jackett out brigade but disappeared during periods when things were bad.

I enjoy listening to his opinions but I don't agree with his constant smug criticism of or supporters.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Opening
2) Closing
3) Shut!!

There you go.
2nd thoughts please strike this from the records, I am much too much a happy clapper:p

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The home fans at Molineux don't help there's huge pressure for them but at the end of the day their paid good money to play football we should be behind them even if it's only 1-0 against Rotherham

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have any time for him anymore and couldn't disagree more.

The fans have done nothing but support this pathetic bunch of shirkers they have proven over a number of years they are not good enough and always bottle the big games when the chips are down.

I hope Fosun clear the lot of them out and WM have an agenda regarding our recent signings.....and Mendes , tell me who are best 2 players are yup Costa and Cav , where did they come from ?

In addition I would also be much happier with a midfield of Saiss Prince and Tex compared to Saville Evans and Edwards , too many people have an agenda with the old boys club at Wolves knocking them at every chance and I hope Fosun see this and clear the lot of them out.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have any time for him anymore and couldn't disagree more.

The fans have done nothing but support this pathetic bunch of shirkers they have proven over a number of years they are not good enough and always bottle the big games when the chips are down.

I hope Fosun clear the lot of them out and WM have an agenda regarding our recent signings.....and Mendes , tell me who are best 2 players are yup Costa and Cav , where did they come from ?

In addition I would also be much happier with a midfield of Saiss Prince and Tex compared to Saville Evans and Edwards , too many people have an agenda with the old boys club at Wolves knocking them at every chance and I hope Fosun see this and clear the lot of them out.

That's disgusting to call our players that! Crawl back under your stone and wipe up your bile on the way!

Charles worked tirelessly for us year after year.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
That's disgusting to call our players that! Crawl back under your stone and wipe up your bile on the way!

Out of order to call him an idiot

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Crawl under your own stone , I see them fail game after game and are entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not just as Charles is and not once did I attack him I just don't have any time / agree with his opinion either.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans have been massively patient. Could you imagine the reaction to Jacketball or Lamberts scattergun approach in the 90's?

I liked Charles Ross and had a number of articles published in ALOB but noticed in recent years he's trying desperately to remain relevant so comes out with outlandish **** for this kind of reaction where people start talking about him.

D

Deleted member 5242

I actually think that the fans have been incredibly patient and supportive this campaign.

Bang on! Considering the hype of the takeover and the following disappointment it's been great

W

wolvesultra

I think he's got a point re the home crowds although not this season as much to be fair.

It can't be a coincidence that so many people who have been involved with Wolves basically say that we are a fickle over expectant bunch who turn on our own players too easily. Granted most don't say it like that but thats what they are basically saying when the all (loads of examples) talk about Wolves being a hard crowd to please etc etc.

Not just the players who 'must do better'. I believe we as supporters need to too.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's got a point re the home crowds although not this season as much to be fair.

It can't be a coincidence that so many people who have been involved with Wolves basically say that we are a fickle over expectant bunch who turn on our own players too easily. Granted most don't say it like that but thats what they are basically saying when the all (loads of examples) talk about Wolves being a hard crowd to please etc etc.

Not just the players who 'must do better'. I believe we as supporters need to too.
The confidence is shot at home which is the problem, he made some good points about Edwards being a big character that can cope with the pressure, I'm no massive Edwards fan, but Ross has a point.

E

Edgmond Wolf

They may have been edgy against Rotherham, but other than that I think fans have been pretty tolerant this season.
Mate Edgy was there against Rotherham, supporting as ever, all game except when I brought a pint for mates at half time.
I clapped the players off the pitch till Lambert butted his nose in and then booed him

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Opening
2) Closing
3) Shut!!

There you go.
2nd thoughts please strike this from the records, I am much too much a happy clapper:p
Dont worry. Just take the penicillin and it will either cure the problem or it will fall off. :eek: At least that is the advice I was given by the Wolves medical staff and they can be trusted:rolleyes::p

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has some good points
Some fans don't help things with constant shouts of "forward" all the time when we are keeping possession.
The fans on the whole have been incredibly patient all things considered but the old Wolfism thing is still there.
We talk about this on the fancast this week funnily enough

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do have more than our fair share of idiots though don't we and if you're unlucky enough to have your season ticket by one, it really can spoil the whole experience. I always had mine in the North Bank but if I'm ever to renew I'd have to go on the sides. It's the irrational haters that I really can't stand it always seems worse in the ends.

D

Deleted member 4023

Give Molineux performances to get people excited & it could become a difficult place for teams to come to once again.
People keep saying how important the fans are - then betray that trust on a regular basis.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally just think that
a) we're a passionate crowd
B) we've had years of rubbish.

Don't think anyone else has the same levels of rubbish and passion as us lot. It comes out in frustration. Just surprising we still get 20k going week in week out. Doesn't help that we were a very big club 1 generation ago.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lambert has a reasonable end of season i could see them sticking with him.His signing of Marshall looks astute and although not sold on Weimann he did play well last night.
As i said before i don't get the point sacking a manager with so few games left and teams already planning for the summer so unless we do go down the chances of him staying are quite high.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well he definitely cant get us promoted any earlier than 3 windows, he's had one already, one in the summer 3rd is next Jan and can't get promoted till end of next season.
There needs to be a review at the end of this season. If Fosun then decide he should stay then he has to make a good start and be challenging for promotion from the off next season, i.e. progress has to be made if it's not then he's had his chance so time to go

Hollywood_wolf

Reaction score
I am no fan of Charles Ross (he is a bit pompous) and some of his comments when we were taken over on the same program I completely disagreed with.

Having said that, he is being misrepresented here.

He did say that Lambert should be given 3 transfer windows. If we don't hit the ground running at the start of next season he won't get them, but I agree we need some stability.

When asked what the problem playing at home was, he didn't blame the fans, he said that the players were feeling the pressure when playing in front of an expectant set of fans. I am not sure that I agree with that.

He then said that the other reason was that we did not have the players to break down a packed defence. I completely agree

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had one transfer window and didn't even get a striker!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great how those who no longer attend so desperate to slag off the fans that do, time for them to return and set an example, maybe?

My apologies I should spend less time with my kids who I don't see all week and spend more time listening to some **** moaning about Kenny Miller, or Andy Keogh or Van La Parra or Marshall or Lambert or Moxey or whoever the latest focal point for irrational hatred is.

D

Deleted member 4594

Last season the Molineux crowd had to sit through 5 0-0 draws in a row. Apart from a couple of "were ******* bored" chants they stayed incredibly patient considered we were watching, in my opinion, the most boring football in 30 years.
This season, up to Saturday, we have had the worst home record in the entire league. Third worst in the whole country. Apart from a few groans and the Danny Batth booing a few months ago, they have again stayed incredibly patient and supportive.
To put blame on the crowd is ridiculous.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh bore off

The crowd were extremely tolerant considering the level of performance on Sat

On Tues the players tried hard - and guess what? They were applauded off at HT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom