Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Celebration songs

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if they realised Faithless was played at the hawthorns before choosing it?

I understand that they might want an upbeat dance track for the fireworks but it would be nice to have our own 'dance banger' that is unique to us. Bit of the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Josh Wink (Dorch anthem, back in the day)? I'm sure there's dance remixes of Fools Gold out there too, at least that'd be slightly relevant given the colour in the name.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if they realised Faithless was played at the hawthorns before choosing it?

I understand that they might want an upbeat dance track for the fireworks but it would be nice to have our own 'dance banger' that is unique to us. Bit of the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Josh Wink (Dorch anthem, back in the day)? I'm sure there's dance remixes of Fools Gold out there too, at least that'd be slightly relevant given the colour in the name.

Awful song. I can understand them trying to up the tempo before the match but to play it while team was walking around pitch is daft

Need something for fans to sing along to

The wonder of you, hi ho silver lining etc

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Awful song. I can understand them trying to up the tempo before the match but to play it while team was walking around pitch is daft

Need something for fans to sing along to

The wonder of you, hi ho silver lining etc
Agreed re sing along tunes. I don't mind a dance track as part of any pre-match build up but we should embrace our own anthems. YNWA and the John Denver track Sheff Utd sing aren't upbeat, in fact they're a bit dreary but they make for great singalongs. Leeds and Man Utd also play 'old-fashioned' club songs that get the crowd singing along.

Wonder of You, Those Were the Days and Wandering Star would all be great for that.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed re sing along tunes. I don't mind a dance track as part of any pre-match build up but we should embrace our own anthems. YNWA and the John Denver track Sheff Utd sing aren't upbeat, in fact they're a bit dreary but they make for great singalongs. Leeds and Man Utd also play 'old-fashioned' club songs that get the crowd singing along.

Wonder of You, Those Were the Days and Wandering Star would all be great for that.

Yep. All the stuff the club is getting right you’d think Laurie would get the matchday DJ to sort himself out

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sweet Caroline doesn't mean anything to us, but it's a great singalong song & everyone knows the words. Don't Worcester cricket team sing it?

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sweet Caroline doesn't mean anything to us, but it's a great singalong song & everyone knows the words. Don't Worcester cricket team sing it?

Neither does Status Quo......Went down well yesterday .....Change Sweet Caroline to Wol ver hampton

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither does Status Quo......Went down well yesterday .....Change Sweet Caroline to Wol ver hampton
Went to a party Friday night and it got played. Great sing-a-long song. Don’t the Irish national team use it?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be good if we could change the words a bit. But yes sounded ace yesterday, and agree I'd prefer this to the Quo 100%!

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one's definitely got potential. It's the sort that you can't help singing along to. Was good at Bolton yesterday. I would say that it does now have some significance for us as a representation of the day we sealed the Championship title. Shouldn't be too difficult to adapt the lyrics a little, but I'll leave that to more creative brains than mine.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never been keen on Sweet Caroline as Reading regard it as 'their song'

But it really captured the moment at Bolton. Couldn't help but join in. Will now always associate it with that win and winning the title

Similarly when they played Will Grigg's On Fire (or whatever it's actually called) just before kick off our win at Bristol City, it got the away end bouncing up and down

Funny how they seem to really struggle with this stuff at Molineux. That Insomnia tune is bloody awful - I quite like Led Zep as its 'ours' but we do need some singalong stuff

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we include this please;
I'd love WV1 and others to start the song with the humming bit, then Mary whotsit's TWTDMF, Hi Ho Wolverhampton, the cup songs (especially the Wolves are gonna win today one), the Liquidator (seriously, why not?), Wooly Bully, Happy Wanderer, the Wonder of you, then songs like Sweet Caroline which are good fun.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sweet Caroline verse lyrics for those that Dow know.

Oh one.
Touching one.
Reaching out.
Touching me.Touching you.
Oh sweet Caroline.
Good times never seem so good.
So good.So good.So good.
I've been inclined.
To believe it never would.
Oh no no.

Bring it on it would be awesome.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically there's about 10 songs we could play before we have to play the ****ing Quo!

Don't really like Silver Lining cos Sheff Wed and the Villa both do it. Need our own songs.

boyceywolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I hate Sweet Caroline. It has been overplayed especially at any of Hearn's boxing after he realised it went down well for Frampton about 5 years ago .... yawn. Let's stick to our own songs or listen to the crowd

W

wolvesultra

**** **** **** no to sweet caroline no connection to Wolves and just a song that gets the dead heads out for "the craic" going. Its the same at the boxing where its over used now.

I'd stick to songs with some sort of connection to Wolves. I.e any song where we currently use the tune to a chant. Wandering Star, those were the days etc.

I actually don't mind the Status Quo tune granted they're a **** band but it always takes me back to that day in Cardiff so sort of does have a connection with Wolves. I'd also (despite it being a **** song) play Queen - We Are The Champions for obvious reason. Hey Jude on the final whistle too....queue Nuno echoing round Molineux.

In fact someone stick that on by 'mistake' during the game itself like they did once in the late 90s (anyone else remember that?)

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

I hate Sweet Caroline. It has been overplayed especially at any of Hearn's boxing after he realised it went down well for Frampton about 5 years ago .... yawn. Let's stick to our own songs or listen to the crowd
Spot on

Its not just that ***** Hearn's shows now either I've been to small hall shows at Walsall Town Hall etc and they've started using it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is it's got a massive chorus that you can belt out.
Would love us to play Wanderers Star and Those were the days either right before kick off or final whistle.

D

Deleted member 4382

It is used by the red *******s but I like This Is The One by Stone Roses. Would be great pre match!

D

Deleted member 4453

Just got my music on, Oasis Champagne Supernova gotta be on! Tuuuune!

Sweet Caroline got the crowd singing, yesterday at Bolton, as if an excuse was needed. Good times never seemed so good.

Can we include this please;
I'd love WV1 and others to start the song with the humming bit, then Mary whotsit's TWTDMF, Hi Ho Wolverhampton, the cup songs (especially the Wolves are gonna win today one), the Liquidator (seriously, why not?), Wooly Bully, Happy Wanderer, the Wonder of you, then songs like Sweet Caroline which are good fun.

It is used by the red *******s but I like This Is The One by Stone Roses. Would be great pre match!

I second all these, especially Sweet Caroline after Saturday, can't stop smiling watching the video above. Champagne Supernova is a top top tune in my eyes!

D

Deleted member 4453

oh and a bit of a random one but Sunshine After The Rain too ;)
Was on the radio up Saturday, was ace :D

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** **** **** no to sweet caroline no connection to Wolves and just a song that gets the dead heads out for "the craic" going. Its the same at the boxing where its over used now.

I'd stick to songs with some sort of connection to Wolves. I.e any song where we currently use the tune to a chant. Wandering Star, those were the days etc.

I actually don't mind the Status Quo tune granted they're a **** band but it always takes me back to that day in Cardiff so sort of does have a connection with Wolves. I'd also (despite it being a **** song) play Queen - We Are The Champions for obvious reason. Hey Jude on the final whistle too....queue Nuno echoing round Molineux.

In fact someone stick that on by 'mistake' during the game itself like they did once in the late 90s (anyone else remember that?)

Maybe ....but 4 799 other fans seemed to enjoy it at Bolton

Back
Top Bottom