Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can Dave and Hunt go now

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think we could sell Edwards back to Shrewsbury or loan him there. Surely he can't be on too high of wages?

Aye, and we'll offload Hunt to Hednesford Town while we're at it. Better watch out for a sneaky last minute bid for Fletcher from Stafford Rangers too!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aye, and we'll offload Hunt to Hednesford Town while we're at it. Better watch out for a sneaky last minute bid for Fletcher from Stafford Rangers too!

Didn't really get any of that, was a serious post. Shrewsbury are a league 1 team who could probably afford to pay half of Edwards' wages at least if he's on something like 10K a week.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rather doubt Edwards is going to want to go to Shrewsbury.

D

dazmanwolf

Both have had injury problems for the last 2 seasons. When fit, Hunt can be unplayable. Edwards is good for running and nicking a few goals. Both worth having on the bench IMO. I think Stale has given these guys a new purpose and its not the same old stagnant system we played under MM and TC. All depends how many more 6ft+ African players we are going to buy in I suppose.

M

Marauding Wolf

I'd like to see both moved on. But (and whilst I'm in no way endorsing this as a first choice option) if Hunt was to remain on the books, I would think he might be most effective at left back. He enjoys a tackle and whilst he doensn't have the pace to go past people now, he still has the engine to go up and down that left flank and given space can deliver. If I had to play him, that's where I'd play him now. Sort of a poor man's Leighton Baines.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see both moved on. But (and whilst I'm in no way endorsing this as a first choice option) if Hunt was to remain on the books, I would think he might be most effective at left back. He enjoys a tackle and whilst he doensn't have the pace to go past people now, he still has the engine to go up and down that left flank and given space can deliver. If I had to play him, that's where I'd play him now. Sort of a poor man's Leighton Baines.

Not a bad idea to be honest but I'd rather see Reckord be given a chance than an ageing Hunt.

R

Redditch Wolves

I would rather have a block of wood on the wing than Stephen Hunt, awful footballer.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to say some of this $$$$e that Edwards gets off fans is utterly ridiculous. Weve just seen Sam Vokes leave who compared to Edwards has done nothing at the club and yet the difference in levels of support and opinions on here is dreadful.

As for Edwards only being good enough for Shrewsbury? Do me a favour and keep those laughable opinions to yourself.

Fact is the lad gives his all for the club, has he moments where he can change games. Yes he is often ineffective and seems to run nowhere but many of the runs from midfield often open up space for others, which many of the tactically blind amongst us fail to appreciate.

No he isnt a superstar, and no probably shouldnt be in the first XI, but he is a more than useful member of the squad and has consistently offered more than the likes of Milijas, Guedioura and O'Hara.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted it in the Shrewsbury thread I think, that I have always thought of Hunt as the right player at the wrong time. We should have signed him along with Doyle as that was the year that the Hull got the best of his years, i dont think he has come close to showing that form for us (Birmingham and Albion last year is all that springs to mind.) He did however score a beaut which effectively kept us up. IF, and that a big IF, he can stay fit and more importantly match fit we could have a good player for the championship but those two mentioned seem hard for Hunt and for the type of player he is he needs to be absolutely 100% match fit because when he is he is a little $$$$$$$ to have.

S

Sandwell Wolf

I have to say some of this $$$$e that Edwards gets off fans is utterly ridiculous. Weve just seen Sam Vokes leave who compared to Edwards has done nothing at the club and yet the difference in levels of support and opinions on here is dreadful.

As for Edwards only being good enough for Shrewsbury? Do me a favour and keep those laughable opinions to yourself.

Fact is the lad gives his all for the club, has he moments where he can change games. Yes he is often ineffective and seems to run nowhere but many of the runs from midfield often open up space for others, which many of the tactically blind amongst us fail to appreciate.

No he isnt a superstar, and no probably shouldnt be in the first XI, but he is a more than useful member of the squad and has consistently offered more than the likes of Milijas, Guedioura and O'Hara.

Wise words that shall be wasted on the Football Manager kind on here my friend.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well spoken Hull. Is it because they play for Wolves for a number of seasons and that some fans get bored watching them that some players (Edwards being one) get so much grief? On Hunt, I too have been disappointed with his recent form for Wolves. I also think that Trapp has seen that he is not the player he was for RofI, hence the decision to bring Cox on ahead of him in our first game in the Euros. Indeed Trapp has previously preferred to use him as an impact sub and had a tendency to bring him on for the last 20 minutes or so of a game. From reports of Stale's preferred formations I think SH may well struggle to get game time this season.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards is nowhere near good enough for Shrewsbury Town.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as they wear the famous gold and black, i'll support them.The manager is paid to make the decisions of who plays and who doesn't.Players who give their all for the famous WOLVERHAMPTON dont deserve the abuse they get on molineux mix.

I dont think the fans were to blame for us getting relegated , but some of the vile nastiness, that was shown towards players , was disgusting.What they needed and need is our full support.Like i said , the manager is paid to make decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

luckyjim

Seriously, League 1 is just about his level as a footballer.

W

wolseleyw

As long as they where the famous gold and black, i'll support them.The manager is paid to make the decisions of who plays and who doesn't.Players who give their all for the famous WOLVERHAMPTON dont deserve the abuse they get on molineux mix.

I dont think the fans were to blame for us getting relegated , but some of the vile nastiness, that was shown towards players , was disgusting.What they needed and need is our full support.Like i said , the manager is paid to make decisions.

Some forget what a forum is for. We all have our opinions and having been a season ticket holder home and away for longer than i care to remmber i'm frustrated and p***** with (poor, limited, useless) players taking money from the club when the club should have been ruthless and cut their loss's age's ago. if we had been more ruthless we would still be premier league something i struggle to not be bitter about with MM and TC etc.:hmmmm2:

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Hope edwards is nowhere near our team

He will be, because he has the qualities which managers value in a squad which needs to play 46-50 games a season. Stamina, work-rate, versatility, and the ability to make runs from deep into attacking positions.

It's the part of his game which I mentioned last which disappeared from his game towards the end of last season as we were constantly over-run in the Premiership. There will be more of this back at this level of football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jD1hQI4zE#t=02m40s

Back
Top Bottom