Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can Dave and Hunt go now

W

WasStefan

Edwards, Eggert, could be the next to go. I can't see us selling Hunt.

S

Sandwell Wolf

We should be letting go of both of them (as well as a few more) but as Hunt earns really decent wages and Edwards is on a fairly long contract (another three years I believe) I feel unfortunately we'll still have both of them in our squad the beginning of next season.

If they make me eat humble pie however, I'd absolutely love it. Go on Dave, go on Stephen. Score 10 each next season and make me look $$$$ing stupid, I dare ya.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically Hunt is one of the worst players I've seen. His touch is so bad its made me wonder how he's even got to such a high level. Edwards and Jonnson were also clueless and showed they are inferior to a lot of shrewsburys midfield tonight

W

wolseleyw

Maybe shrewsbury could be paid to take edwards back as he got a nice round of applause when his name was mentioned - they could proberly not believe there luck when mad mick paid good money for him. Hunty's good for comic value but his legs are gone.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe shrewsbury could be paid to take edwards back as he got a nice round of applause when his name was mentioned - they could proberly not believe there luck when mad mick paid good money for him. Hunty's good for comic value but his legs are gone.

TBF £675,000 isn't or wasn't alot of money, and we signed him from Luton!

Reaction score
No-ones gonna really want them - or more to the point no-one that will be able to offer them high enough wages to convince them to leave us. Hunt I think is past it, Edwards is decent enough and would be a good signing for a mid-Championship side, but like I say who will be able to offer him enough money to leave a side paying him top whack for the Championship?

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hunt is simply past his best now... has been for a year... We ideally should have bought him a year earlier than we did...

Although I cannot see him contributing much, it wouldn't be the end of the world if Edwards stayed as backup - apart from anything else, I can't see anyone buying him...

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hunt was dreadful tonight , in the space of about a minute he headed a simple ball down the line straight out of play and next touch plays a cross field ball into the middle tier of the opposite stand.

If Hunt , Edwards and Eggert never pull on a wolves shirt again I will be a happy man.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The three mentioned are all awful, awful footballers and epitomize everything about the MM era we need to move on from.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would gladly let all three leave and bring in the likes of Henriksen and another winger.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People make far, far too many conclusions from meaningless pre season friendlies.

Hunt probably has had it, but Diamond Dave will be a handy squad player to come on for 15-20 minutes and will probably bag a goal or two in the championship.

The Egg never was, never is and never will be a footballer.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People make far, far too many conclusions from meaningless pre season friendlies.

Hunt probably has had it, but Diamond Dave will be a handy squad player to come on for 15-20 minutes and will probably bag a goal or two in the championship.

The Egg never was, never is and never will be a footballer.

It might of been a meaningless friendly,but we are only a little over 2 weeks from a new season and looking to impress a new manager,so you think they would try a little bit better than they did tonight,like the 2nd half squad did.The Egg and Dave have played in the prem but were technically inferior to their league 1 opponents and would struggle to get in their team on this showing.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO Hunt has only ever done one good thing for us and it was that goal against Blackburn to keep us up (which didnt really matter anyway seeing Pavvy scored against the Blues) just release him :D

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

If Adlene Guedioura had given the exact same performance as David Edwards tonight, this thread would not exist. It's absolutely $$$$ing pathetic.

A

andyc225

Hunty was alright for us at first. He's showing his age now, and will gradually descend down the leagues toward retirement. His legs have gone sadly. He'll be released at the end of next season along with certain other plodders. Farewell goal to promote us anyone?

Realisticwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Any chance of a thread that doesn`t slag off Edwards or Hunt ... it`s pathetic like a broken record continually playing the same whining tune

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adlene Guedioura had given the exact same performance as David Edwards tonight, this thread would not exist. It's absolutely $$$$ing pathetic.

Realistically that wouldn't have been the case though would it?

Guedioura has more quality than Edwards. This is not based upon one 45 minute pre season friendly at Shrewsbury, it is based upon the last 2 years, he isn't good enough. You and anyone else (and MM) are kidding yourselves in thinking otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, who'll be attending the Eggert Jonsson testimonial game when he's gone?

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Realistically that wouldn't have been the case though would it?

Guedioura has more quality than Edwards. This is not based upon one 45 minute pre season friendly at Shrewsbury, it is based upon the last 2 years, he isn't good enough. You and anyone else (and MM) are kidding yourselves in thinking otherwise.

Let's give Adlene Guedioura two years and see where he ends up, yeah? I'll guarantee you that David Edwards is higher up the football pyramid than he is, and you can quote me on that in your signature if you ever decided to stop being so self-congratulatory. Bang.

The_Ned

Reaction score
Let's give Adlene Guedioura two years and see where he ends up, yeah? I'll guarantee you that David Edwards is higher up the football pyramid than he is, and you can quote me on that in your signature if you ever decided to stop being so self-congratulatory. Bang.

Gued is a better player than Edwards, no competition. He just wasn't right for us.

I don't think the Egg is such a bad player... He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and has never been forgiven.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They both sum up a squad full of average players. They have no future with us but who will want them? We're stuck with them imo.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO Hunt has only ever done one good thing for us and it was that goal against Blackburn to keep us up (which didnt really matter anyway seeing Pavvy scored against the Blues) just release him :D
When Hunt scored that goal the news went around the Spurs/B'ham match. B'ham then went looking for a goal that let Spurs in for another goal. So I think it did matter.
Hull were asking a lot for Hunt before his injury and we certainly overpaid for him when we did sign him. I dont think we have ever seen the best of him playing for us.

ma77smith

Reaction score
Hunt was awesome in the 3-1 win against the Albion, about the only time I can remember though...

W

we8wba

I'd keep hunty for when we need more defensive gritty displays he's still little terrier

My concern is why has he never looked dangerous in set piece department for us always used whip corners and wing fk's towards goal making difficult for keeper like pedersen

Anyways out contract next summer no harm seeing that out as doubt get much fee for him now

W

wolseleyw

In both the Walsall and Shrewsbury game time after time the pair of them are clueless with the ball and with such poor reactions for midfielders i still cant believe that we paid good money and wages on an ongoing basis for them. Shrewsbury's midfield had both of them in their pockets and could not believe their luck to have that pair on (the egg was not that much better i know)
Cant believe that some on here think that either one should have any future at the club - sent them out on loan if we want something for them to do.
For those not at the game last night your in for a treat with the new midfielder - he makes the pair of dave and stephen look like statues.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hunt's legs just haven't been the same since that epic trip to Mordor...

To be fair, along with his performance against Albion and THAT goal against Blackburn, he did score an arguably even more important winner at home to Blues. I agree with Sandwell though in that we're unlikely to get many offers for him due to his wages and injury record.

With regards to Edwards, we probably need better quality in the centre of midfield if we are going to progress. He is, however, a very useful squad player who provides good cover across a number of positions. If we get a decent offer for him then great, but if not I'd be happy to have him in the squad for next season.

F

FLEET WOLF

I never wanted us to sign Hunt-always thought he was overrated and he was late 20s when we bought him. He was shocking last season and in all honesty, we are going to have problems unloading him!

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
When Hunt scored that goal the news went around the Spurs/B'ham match. B'ham then went looking for a goal that let Spurs in for another goal. So I think it did matter.
Hull were asking a lot for Hunt before his injury and we certainly overpaid for him when we did sign him. I dont think we have ever seen the best of him playing for us.

Goal by Hunt against Blackburn - wonderful, and I will always remember it. But 2011-12 was a dreadful season for him. He said on the website this week that this was due to injuries. Most of us have given up on him. The bell is tolling, Hunty.

J

johnybig32

Funny how players like Jarvis, Kites and Fletcher are never mentioned when defining the MM era.

All bad eh?

The edwards bashing on here is ridiculous.

T

Toupee4Rae

I think the Edwards bashing is fully warranted, he is afterall useless. Pre-season friendly ....useless. All of last season .....useless.

Im sure he is a sterling chap but how anyone can think he is a footballer is beyond me.

Im fairly sure we will see very little of him from now on, something that I am very pleased about.

A

Andy Grays perm

Funny how players like Jarvis, Kites and Fletcher are never mentioned when defining the MM era.

All bad eh?

The edwards bashing on here is ridiculous.

Were you at Shrewsbury last night? I was! Yes some do go over the top about the 'Welsh Whippet' but the difference between him and Tongo was immense. The blokes a tryer but after several years of tryers many fans want a change. He is not going to improve. It is time for something different in the middle

F

FLEET WOLF

Were you at Shrewsbury last night? I was! Yes some do go over the top about the 'Welsh Whippet' but the difference between him and Tongo was immense. The blokes a tryer but after several years of tryers many fans want a change. He is not going to improve. It is time for something different in the middle

Edwards isn't going to improve and whilst he has some attributes and could be useful coming off the bench towards the end of certain games, against tired defenders, in reality more skill and guile is needed than that, even in the Championship.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think we could sell Edwards back to Shrewsbury or loan him there. Surely he can't be on too high of wages?

Back
Top Bottom