Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can anyone explain why we are not restructuring today ?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve coasted since 2018. The injury free 2 years totally masked that we had a tiny squad reliant on 1 centre forward.
As soon as Raul got injured we’ve slowly gone down the pan.
If the injury to Raul had happened in nov 18 instead of Nov 20 we’d have been ****ed a lot earlier.
This summer the money spent on Guedes (another disinterested Portuguese lad straight out the Trincao mould) and Sasa (injury prone) should have gone on a proper centre forward. It didn’t. So we’re ****ed.
You read my mind in terms of reliance on Raul. They did of course push the boat out to sign Silva, but being kind, that was too long term
Then to make things worse they signed a giant crock..
We can only hope an esteemed and experienced boss is waiting in the wings till the WC and mention of January is purely contingency.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what you or I think.
Its what Guo thinks and wants.
Yes agreed the question I am a king is Why ?
Answers please . Not stating the obvious .
I wanted the rationale from someone . A thought process.
It could be a sale is imminent.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the system created failure. The Head Coach appointment created it IMO.

We shouldn’t have sacked Nuno. When we did, we should have gone balls deep on someone better.
So why can’t we recruit a new manager ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will never restructure. We lean so heavily on Mendes that any DoF with ideas and power will quickly realise that their MO is to build the academy.

No DoF with any credibility or potential will want a part of that.

So in Jeff’s eyes, Scott is perfect. He’s a glorified Head of Academy with a few additional responsibilities. “Technical Director” not “Director of Football”.

That works for Jeff, clearly. A proper DoF would never accept the strategy, and if their only role is to assess Mendes talent - which they’re seemingly getting wrong too - why would they be trusted to build the network outside of Gestifute?
How do you think this would work if we got relegated ?
Do you think they have discounted relegation already ?
Because I would have thought a Premier league status adds a turbo charge to getting the best prospects .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've shelled out 100 mil or so on new signings, held on for top dollar for MGW, and while we've given Coady away on the cheap at least we were fair to him.
I must be in a minority of one but I think that Fosun are OK.
But the question implies they have spent but wasted it all due to the structure .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the system created failure. The Head Coach appointment created it IMO.

We shouldn’t have sacked Nuno. When we did, we should have gone balls deep on someone better.
Who made those decisions , and after 2 years who pays the price ?

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between now and employing a new manager would be the ideal,to get a new footballing infrastructure in place . It seems so clear.
So why is that not happening ?
Can anyone explain the logic ?
For the same reason the potholes weren't filled during lockdown because people are lazy and stupid

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo probably isn't close enough to the operations of wolves to even notice or care. We're numbers on a balance sheet to him
He will
If that balance sheet changes by losing £200m premier league money

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d guess by the fact we offered him the job.
yes, it could mean that……or not.
But who cares anyway? ….that’s in the past.

Jeff is looking for an outstanding candidate………hope he finds one real soon.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes, it could mean that……or not.
But who cares anyway? ….that’s in the past.

Jeff is looking for an outstanding candidate………hope he finds one real soon.
If we offered the job to Beale who’s managed a grand total of 15 games why can’t we find someone as good or better?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe there’s no outstanding candidate.
Sorry but the list of people who are “outstanding” when compared to Bruno is almost as long as the longest thing ever measured!

Shi is a total idiot and for someone with no football knowledge it is a frankly laughable and offensive comment.

He has actually made us look very very bad and getting our next manager more difficult as who would want to work with such a charlatan.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we offered the job to Beale who’s managed a grand total of 15 games why can’t we find someone as good or better?
That is a legit question and I don’t know why not.
However, I presume, that for one reason or another, some who are available, may not fit Wolves’ criteria or want to move to England or want too much money or may be a bad fit etc.

I presume Wolves are extremely focused on getting someone as soon as possible.

But I feel sorry for the fans who think Wolves mgt. are clowns, dumb and dumber etc. They don’t expect anything good to happen.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cos it’s Saturday and we’re all having a well earned day off?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However, I presume, that for one reason or another, some who are available, may not fit Wolves’ criteria or want to move to England or want too much money or may be a bad fit etc.

But I feel sorry for the fans who think Wolves mgt. are clowns, dumb and dumber etc. They don’t expect anything good to happen.
To be honest I think we are all confused as to why a decent sized, well backed, well supported premier league club are seemingly having difficulty attracting a manager. We really don’t expect a Poch or a Tuchel but if we’re offering it to Beale then there’s plenty out there as good and better.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I think we are all confused as to why a decent sized, well backed, well supported premier league club are seemingly having difficulty attracting a manager. We really don’t expect a Poch or a Tuchel but if we’re offering it to Beale then there’s plenty out there as good and better.
Yes, reckon you are right. We must be holding out for someone good. Hope so anyway.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasting your time replying, logic will never beat blind faith..

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“ ……..there’s plenty out there as good and better”………you sure?
Then, don’t waste time, send a list to Jeff.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Actually we do expect good things to happen, but they consistently fail far more than they make a good decision.

A lot of us are annoyed that people who are not good enough to do the job at a premier league club in Scott’s case and no football knowledge in Jeff keep getting the room and excuses to keep letting the players and fans down.

It is why it is so funny whenever anything goes wrong or bad news is coming a massive deal happens on the website hahaha

The recent joiners after we got money and a bit of success plus the “plastics” and “super fans” love a deal so are distracted by it as they got their cheap Shirts and gifts meaning they see the club doing a good job when they have actually been duped by a fantastic bait and switch.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Becoming ever more convinced you are a WUM
No, I am an adult and understand that things don’t always work out the way we want.
You and I may see things differently which, to me at least is ok but don’t try to belittle me, thank you.
I too could say personal negative things but it’s not cool.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the relationship between coach/management and "agencies" is different at Wolves to other PL club's. It is a unique proposition.

Reactions: Ian

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the relationship between coach/management and "agencies" is different at Wolves to other PL club's. It is a unique proposition.
It is but I would have thought coaches would be quite happy to have the worlds biggest agent on their side.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is but I would have thought coaches would be quite happy to have the worlds biggest agent on their side.
It's a two edged sword really. Even as a fan it is nice when we are getting the good side of the deal, but hard to stomach when it seems we are doing the favours, in terms of loans or fees that might appear "overgenerous". Imagine being in the position of accepting that kind of influence when you are ostensibly the manager and taking responsibility for the outcomes.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and Sellers don't want another voice at the table
Agreed and their boss should sort that out . Guo has to sort this out .
I am sure Mendes want WWFC to be a success and Guo.
I just cant work out why they are letting these lightweights run our club.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but the list of people who are “outstanding” when compared to Bruno is almost as long as the longest thing ever measured!

Shi is a total idiot and for someone with no football knowledge it is a frankly laughable and offensive comment.

He has actually made us look very very bad and getting our next manager more difficult as who would want to work with such a charlatan.
Ok, if you think he’s a total idiot, then you won’t expect anything good, right?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Saiss said it’s difficult for anyone to come in knowing how much influence mendes has over bringing players in, if the players know it…

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let me try to explain this.
There is a difference between a fan not criticizing our club without reasonable evidence and not overreacting and someone who is frequently running down the club.
Straight question. Are you happy with player recruitment over the last 3 years?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, if you think he’s a total idiot, then you won’t expect anything good, right?
I expect people to do their jobs competently and and for their decisions in regards to strategy work when in positions of authority.

The clown has gotten significantly more decisons wrong than right.

I admire your ability to defend the indefensible…..

As if he had a proper football boss he would have been moved on by now

Back
Top Bottom