Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can anyone explain why we are not restructuring today ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between now and employing a new manager would be the ideal,to get a new footballing infrastructure in place . It seems so clear.
So why is that not happening ?
Can anyone explain the logic ?

Reaction score
Between now and employing a new manager would be the ideal,to get a new footballing infrastructure in place . It seems so clear.

Because, as explained in depth in other threads, we have Shi and Sellars in charge. There is zero logic they just think they are the best for the job and won’t be told otherwise.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi is clear.h happy with the current structure, just not one key employee, the head coach!!!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because, as explained in depth in other threads, we have Shi and Sellars in charge. There is zero logic they just think they are the best for the job and won’t be told otherwise.
No that isn’t the real reason ,

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no intention to get a new structure in place.
I don't get why there would be either. If we decided to fire sellars, or guo decided to sack shi then that would be another matter. Shi is hardly gonna sack himself.
Out of interest. What do you want from the new structure? Is this just another euphemism for why has noone been sacked yet?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I gave an answer and you said that wasn’t it. So do you just have a list of answers that are incorrect and waiting for the correct one?
No I dont have any list. But no one on their right mind can think Shi and Sellars are good enough .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why there would be either. If we decided to fire sellars, or guo decided to sack shi then that would be another matter. Shi is hardly gonna sack himself.
Out of interest. What do you want from the new structure? Is this just another euphemism for why has noone been sacked yet?
What I have felt for two years is that we have tried to coast .
But that has not worked. The coasting was to save money .
But it has proved a false economy.

T

TheConcourse

We will never restructure. We lean so heavily on Mendes that any DoF with ideas and power will quickly realise that their MO is to build the academy.

No DoF with any credibility or potential will want a part of that.

So in Jeff’s eyes, Scott is perfect. He’s a glorified Head of Academy with a few additional responsibilities. “Technical Director” not “Director of Football”.

That works for Jeff, clearly. A proper DoF would never accept the strategy, and if their only role is to assess Mendes talent - which they’re seemingly getting wrong too - why would they be trusted to build the network outside of Gestifute?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will never restructure. We lean so heavily on Mendes that any DoF with ideas and power will quickly realise that their MO is to build the academy.

So in Jeff’s eyes, Scott is perfect. He’s a glorified Head of Academy with a few additional responsibilities. “Technical Director” not “Director of Football”.

That works for Jeff, clearly. A proper DoF would never accept the strategy.
But we have all seen this is creating failure . So why haven’t Fosun ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo probably isn't close enough to the operations of wolves to even notice or care. We're numbers on a balance sheet to him
That is a plausible reason.

Reaction score
But Fosun employ them . They are minnows in the Fosun empire.

We are minnows in the fosun empire, as someone previously said, we’re just numbers on a balance sheet to fosun and so long as Shi can make those numbers balance he’ll be in the job.

We need a DoF urgently but again as someone else has previously said, there’s no way we’d get one to work under the current parameters.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are minnows in the fosun empire, as someone previously said, we’re just numbers on a balance sheet to fosun and so long as Shi can make those numbers balance he’ll be in the job.

We need a DoF urgently but again as someone else has previously said, there’s no way we’d get one to work under the current parameters.
I agree , but if parameters = football structure , why not change them ?

Reaction score
I agree , but if parameters = football structure , why not change them ?
I also agree and apologise if I came across abruptly earlier. I don’t think there’s anyone capable in a position of power to change the football structure within the club. The only one who could do that at the moment is Shi and I don’t think he’s going to sack himself or be willing to employ a DoF and give them sufficient control of transfers/style of play.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I dont have any list. But no one on their right mind can think Shi and Sellars are good enough .
Maybe Guo thinks Shi is doing ok. He was here just a few months ago and would have had deep discussions about the club and his agenda.
Jeff steers the club according to what Guo wants……period.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Guo thinks Shi is doing ok. He was here just a few months ago and would have had deep discussions about the club and his agenda.
Doubt Guo wants relegation because that’s the way Jeff is steering the club.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they were trying to save money would they have bought Silva years before they would see a return.
Or fly the squad and staff out to Marabella at great cost.
Or spend money to cover the empty seats with fans‘ faces on them.
Or donate supplies during Covid.

If they are cheap as some have said, then they would have tried to sell Neves at a nice profit.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also agree and apologise if I came across abruptly earlier. I don’t think there’s anyone capable in a position of power to change the football structure within the club. The only one who could do that at the moment is Shi and I don’t think he’s going to sack himself or be willing to employ a DoF and give them sufficient control of transfers/style of play.
I suppose I think of Wolves as being under Guo’s control. It’s his project.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on , I have not seen one person think Shi has been doing a good job for two years .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say “I don’t get why they would change to a new structure ? “The reason why is we are plainly failing . And no credible manage wants to join.

rubyloo

Reaction score
I honestly can’t see what all the fuss is about. Going from champions league contenders to a total implosion and millions lost in league places. Now can’t score for love nor money and nicely positioned for relegation. So many drama queens on here.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That works for Jeff, clearly. A proper DoF would never accept the strategy, and if their only role is to assess Mendes talent - which they’re seemingly getting wrong too - why would they be trusted to build the network outside of Gestifute?

Spot on!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve coasted since 2018. The injury free 2 years totally masked that we had a tiny squad reliant on 1 centre forward.
As soon as Raul got injured we’ve slowly gone down the pan.
If the injury to Raul had happened in nov 18 instead of Nov 20 we’d have been ****ed a lot earlier.
This summer the money spent on Guedes (another disinterested Portuguese lad straight out the Trincao mould) and Sasa (injury prone) should have gone on a proper centre forward. It didn’t. So we’re ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom