Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Buses

beppe7619

Reaction score
Why is there only a Sunday bus timetable on a match day when wolves play. They run every 30 mins and is a poor service it is to. I also had a right game getting to the game with the lights staying on green for 10 seconds it added 25 minutes to the journey from bilston to Wolverhampton

N

Notts_Wolf

Why is there only a Sunday bus timetable on a match day when wolves play. They run every 30 mins and is a poor service it is to. I also had a right game getting to the game with the lights staying on green for 10 seconds it added 25 minutes to the journey from bilston to Wolverhampton

Get an earlier bus? Can't make heads or tails of what you just said.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes some traffic lights are on green so briefly that only a few cars get through. Really annoying. Not sure what it has to do with Wolves though.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think what Bepe means is why can’t they put extra buses on when there’s a match on, and I agree. Wolverhampton is miles behind lots of other places in terms of transport.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buses running on a reduced timetable,green lights changing too quickly,folks spending too long getting to the match.
MOXLEY OUT!!!!!!!
Moan moan ****ing moan
next up-it’s too cold in the stands.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
running a Sunday timetable on a Sunday disgraceful.;)

Seriously though it would be good if they ran extra services on days/times when there is going to be the demand (question then is which routes and for how long before/after matches)

D

Deleted as requested by user

Cuz the game was on a Sunday?

D

I think what Bepe means is why can’t they put extra buses on when there’s a match on, and I agree. Wolverhampton is miles behind lots of other places in terms of transport.
Why should they? I caught the bus to and from the game Sunday and neither where any anymore overcrowded than normal. He/she is moaning about the waiting time not the bus being overcrowded so in reality they don't need more buses just people need to have a bit of common sense and look up time tables instead of moaning about waiting so long.

D

Honestly think some people think Wolverhampton and its services only exist for Wolves!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Buses to where though ?People live all over the place on a multitude of bus routes .He mentioned Bilston to Wolverhampton so presumably he is talking of coming to the game and not after.
If extra were put on then some would say why aren’t they still running after the pubs closed?If we were an out of town ground I could understand the argument of everyone piling on back to the City but they can’t cover every bus route eventuality.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
On the subject of transport links on a match day, a bespoke Wolves M6 Lane from 19 to 12 on match days would be appreciated.
Talking of which I took a wheelchair bound Walsall supporting mate to Shrewsbury a couple of years back .We caught the bus from Shrewsbury to the ground and afterwards by the time I had got him back on ,the queue to leave the car park for the cars and coaches was horrendous.The bus driver started off and unbeknown to me there is a bus lane right round the outside of the large cp which had an automatic release barrier at the end and we were back in Shrewsbury in a matter of minutes.Whoever thought of that deserves a medal.

M

Mr Wolf

For what it’s worth after everyone else’s reply the transport does need to improve. Most of our home games are Sunday & if you catch public transport it’s a bit of a slog.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton is miles behind lots of other places in terms of transport.
To be fair it’s the whole of the West Midlands rather than Wolverhampton.

The kind of thing that new Mayor Andy Street should be sorting, at least he sorted the trains...

D

Deleted member 4456

This is an important topic, actually. Given that the club wants to expand the stadium, there'll need to be a plan to get people to and from the stadium. Whenever I walk past buses on the way to my car or to the railway station, they seem to be overcrowded and the queues for them are ridiculous. Surely it wouldn't hurt National Express to lay on a few extra buses? I don't know how many they actually have in the fleet but I'm sure they can draft a few in from somewhere.

When trains aren't running from Wolverhampton, I've taken the tram into New Street in Birmingham a few times. They always seem overcrowded as well. Surely they have an extra tram or two sat at the depot doing nothing that could be drafted in to take people home?

D

This is an important topic, actually. Given that the club wants to expand the stadium, there'll need to be a plan to get people to and from the stadium. Whenever I walk past buses on the way to my car or to the railway station, they seem to be overcrowded and the queues for them are ridiculous. Surely it wouldn't hurt National Express to lay on a few extra buses? I don't know how many they actually have in the fleet but I'm sure they can draft a few in from somewhere.

When trains aren't running from Wolverhampton, I've taken the tram into New Street in Birmingham a few times. They always seem overcrowded as well. Surely they have an extra tram or two sat at the depot doing nothing that could be drafted in to take people home?
Only buses that are that full are the first ones post game. Which would still be that full as people would still squeeze onto that one rather than wait for the next one (even if it was a 5 minute wait rather than a 10 minute one). Anything after that there's very little issue with.

Find transport around Wolverhampton pretty good in my view. Theres a lot of things that happen around the city as well as football games they can't be overhauling everything just for Wolves when it works pretty well as it is.

Wolves1976

Reaction score
I agree with the transport situation. However, these additional shifts would probably be viewed as overtime, so drivers aren’t obliged to actually do the shifts. So the National Express could offer the service, with all the will in the world but if the drivers say they don’t want the hours, it’s not going to work.

S

ShropshireLad

Because the bus crews want to go to the match as well.:cool:

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple solution is do better at school,get a good job and you could afford a car instead of using the infested public transport system.......

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we get rid of the ****ing bus lanes too?

Im sick of sitting in a queue for half a mile, when theres an empty lane running parallel to mine. Stupid idea.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Easy solution.

All we really need is a decent Tut Tut service around the city and local areas.

These would look super with our badges on them.

Tut_Tut_Goa_2013.jpg

Could be allowed to use the free bus lanes too. :)

D

Deleted member 4023

Easy solution.

All we really need is a decent Tut Tut service around the city and local areas.

These would look super with our badges on them.

Tut_Tut_Goa_2013.jpg

Could be allowed to use the free bus lanes too. :)

Plenty of people moaning around Wolverhampton now (although I don't think they are saying tut tut)

Back
Top Bottom