Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Buses

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
some people like a drink at the game

or choose not to pollute the environment even more
But 5 people in my car, emits less co2 per passenger mile. I also save about £10 by using the car/compared to bus. I travel in much quicker and park closer to the ground than the bus, for free. Win win win.

D

Deleted as requested by user

But 5 people in my car, emits less co2 per passenger mile. I also save about £10 by using the car/compared to bus. I travel in much quicker and park closer to the ground than the bus, for free. Win win win.
Cool story, my post was simply pointing out there's other reasons for people getting the bus than 'not doing well at school so not having a car'.

Personally I couldn't give a **** about emissions (it was just an example), and I'd certainly not swap all the great memories I've had in the pub pre/post games over the years for saving £10.

M

Mr Wolf

Simple solution is do better at school,get a good job and you could afford a car instead of using the infested public transport system.......
My lad waited 40 mins for a bus Sunday that didn’t show up, what’s your solution for that one?

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only literally part of my Black Country accent that remains is that I still call buses as buzzes.
When I was at uni in Manchester my flat mates used to take the **** out of me calling them buzzes. Compounded by the fact that there was a bus company called the bee-line buzz company

*edit - buzziz :D

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cool story, my post was simply pointing out there's other reasons for people getting the bus than 'not doing well at school so not having a car'.

Personally I couldn't give a **** about emissions (it was just an example), and I'd certainly not swap all the great memories I've had in the pub pre/post games over the years for saving £10.
So driving stops you going in a pub now, **** me, ive been breaking the rules then.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Why is there only a Sunday bus timetable on a match day when wolves play. They run every 30 mins and is a poor service it is to. I also had a right game getting to the game with the lights staying on green for 10 seconds it added 25 minutes to the journey from bilston to Wolverhampton
Ohhhh I wish ours was every 30mins but NO on Sundays and getting home after evening matches the No. 4 is only hourly, when they remember to run one :D, so Saturday 3 o'clock (whatever they are!) it's on the bus, all others it's driving - Brighton next where they run FREE buses and trains :) AND free park & ride, see you on Brighton Racecourse

Last edited:
M

Mr Wolf

Be a better parent and pick them up or at least get him an Uber
Haha classic, be a better parent & get them an Uber. Whats next your next advice let your Daughter go on a date with a Prince.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expecting drivers not rostered to work Sunday's cos you want to get to the game when you want to get to the game. Get the one 30 mins earlier simples.

R

reanswolf

Bilbrook is beautifully served by a free train that takes 6 minutes, one-way anyway :)-.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha classic, be a better parent & get them an Uber. Whats next your next advice let your Daughter go on a date with a Prince.
Why not? They ain’t all perverted paedophiles (allegedly).

D

Deleted as requested by user

Ohhhh I wish ours was every 30mins but NO on Sundays and getting home after evening matches the No. 4 is only hourly, when they remember to run one :D, so Saturday 3 o'clock (whatever they are!) it's on the bus, all others it's driving - Brighton next where they run FREE buses and trains :) AND free park & ride, see you on Brighton Racecourse
Number 2 no use?

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Expecting drivers not rostered to work Sunday's cos you want to get to the game when you want to get to the game. Get the one 30 mins earlier simples.
Don't think its anything to do with the drivers - bus companies not paying overtime more like

beppe7619

Reaction score
The council and wolves want people to us public transport instead of cars

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So whats everyones favourite bus.
Used to love the clipper number 5. As I hate people I just walk home now. Did everyone get back ok last night?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was waiting for the 59 once with a mate . He was blind in one eye after an accident when he was a kid. So he had 1 normal and a rubber eye in the other socket.

The bus pulled up looking rammed. He took his rubber eye and bounced it about 15 ft upwards, caught it and put it back in its socket.

I asked him wtf he was doing, he smirked and said " seeing if any room upstairs"

M

Mr Wolf

I hope so. Don’t want anyone’s precious little lamb waiting in the cold now do we?
Gave you the benefit of the doubt from your earlier posts mate but you can **** off with this one. Being a bit of a **** aren’t you.

You got an issue PM me.

M

Mr Wolf

Was actually on a fishing trip and I seem to have snagged a whopper.
You’re not being funny or controversial enough to be fishing Paul, you’re just a ****.

Hoping my Lad got home safe on the bus is just ****ing weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mr wolf if you look back I never once said anything about your child why would I need to? I really think you’ve got your panties in a bunch and are trying very hard for me to bite which believe me ain’t happening so off you pop.

beppe7619

Reaction score

Sometimes some traffic lights are on green so briefly that only a few cars get through. Really annoying. Not sure what it has to do with Wolves though.
there is a match on people are heading to one place that what it has to do with wolves

Last edited:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching the City-United game earlier, and it got me thinking how bad it used to be coming back through Manchester after a game when United had been at home, even if you’d been as far as Blackburn/Preston/Burnley and weren’t getting back into Piccadilly until well gone 6pm. It occurred to me that the last few years, since they’ve expanded beyond 40k, it’s been just as bad with City now, and how if we’re going to be getting crowds of 40k upwards they’re largely going to be coming from the surrounding areas rather than just Wolverhampton itself.

We don’t have the regional public transport infrastructure to cope now, so I can see most newer fans coming in by car, which is going to leave the club/council with a conundrum. Free busses and a big expansion of park and ride sites will be a must with the redevelopment plans.

I drove to Forest a couple of seasons ago. You can park just outside the city at the last metro stop for free (massive empty car park), with £2 return, 20 minute journey into the centre. We need something like that dotted up and down each end of the A449 and the A41.

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite often buses that are due don’t bother to even turn up on a Sunday and even a Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom