Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley verdict thread

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a deserved defeat yesterday; Burnley fought for it, and a 3-0 loss (if those two disallowed goals stood) wouldn't have been too flattening with their attacking purpose yesterday.

Again we may have had the majority of the procession at 64.1%, but it means nil when we don't have a pop at goal and when Hwang dives just like Pod, as was the case a few times!

Fabio's hold-up play again stood out as the big positive. The applause he had going off - along with him going over with Coads to the fans after the game, says everything about the lad's effort and understanding of what it means playing in The Old Gold.

A good atmosphere at Turf Moor helped the home side, and I hope they stay up - not least for my friend who I saw the game with, who is the Claret's EDI Lead and who does her job wonderfully!

Also, Everton v possibly Wycombe Wanderers in the 2nd tier would be fun...

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I've said umpteen times, I'd take being entertaining and finishing 17th then 8th and most matches being a chore.

You might, l am prepared to bet that most Wolves fans certainly would not.
I have to echo wicked here. Entertaining football is great but patience soon wears thin if the results aren’t there.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just feels pretty horribly stale at the moment and I'm not really sure where we go from here. Summer is massive but I'm not sure I trust the powers that be to get it right.

Would echo the comments above that our league position is down to a miraculous first half of the season from Sa, compared to Rui chucking everything in last season. I don't think anyone can convince me we're a much better team this year.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not as bad as the Newcastle game but soon as Silva went off we got worse he looked up for it. Hwang was poor I've defended him many times but he's attitude and performances are like he isn't going to be here next season although it is obvious he will be. Johnny was tremendous it's such a bonus he is fit now

Definitely feels we need a big refresh for next season a defender, a midfielder (or two) and a striker are obvious requirements. As stated above the squad seems a bit stale and some of the players need moving on

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairly short verdict from me. Great first half and should have gone in at HT 2-0 up. Second half was awful and we were never going to score once they got in front.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The leave our players were given earlier this month has again worked against us as our Wolves were tired in the second half. they were in acceptable mode in the first half, but tiredness turned up for the final 45 minutes. Even Johnny and Semedo who were almost immaculate in the first half, lost concentration the more the match grew older.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
It's not entertaining though is it, more painstaking......
I certainly never said it was entertaining. Neither did Wickedwolfie who initially replied. Or sc91, who originally posted a hypothetical choice... My point is regardless of entertainment, if results are not there heads eventually roll. Leeds is a good recent example. Super fun to watch, but now Biesla is out of a job.

I've said umpteen times, I'd take being entertaining and finishing 17th then 8th and most matches being a chore.

You might, l am prepared to bet that most Wolves fans certainly would not.

I have to echo wicked here. Entertaining football is great but patience soon wears thin if the results aren’t there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom