Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno- stay or out?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His brother speaks fluent English from what I have seen and he is assistant head coach. The other coaches all speak English as well from what I have seen. I am finding it all a bit odd to be honest. Bruno apparently feeling fine and taking training from a distance this week but unable to do a press briefing where the Journalists attend via Skype. Strange.

There's a difference between the fluency you need to coach in English, and the level of fluency you might want if you're speaking to the press.

Also, "the goalkeeping coach" (Tony Roberts) has featured quite heavily in the media all season.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see - we'll find out for certain if and when Bruno is back for next week.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Also why cant he deal with the press today? It is still done remotely and other head coaches have still done press conferences remotely with Covid. Says he has taken some training at a distance this week and is feeling fine but cant do a press conference.

The goalkeeping coach also doing the press conference. Really odd. Where is his assistant or the other coach? Something not adding up here to me. Sorry if that sounds all conspiracy theory like but really odd the assistant head coach or 1st team coach isnt doing this press conference and Bruno cant do it when he is apparently feeling fine and the press attend the conferences online now rather than in person.

I don’t understand the conspiracy theory. They’d have just sacked him and released a statement if anything was going on.

Don’t understand why people try to look into every single thing that happens.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand the conspiracy theory. They’d have just sacked him and released a statement if anything was going on.

Don’t understand why people try to look into every single thing that happens.
It doesn't have to be as serious as he's sacked.

It might be that they don't want him to answer questions/get pressed on the supposed bust-up. Now, it's forgotten, his next press conference comes after the Chelsea game and all of that is not brought back up.

It's not about looking into things. There's no reason why Bruno hasn't done the press conference.

They said he has had Covid for a few days but that he's fine, as he's been 'leading' training. So, you email the press on Wednesday or Thursday and say Friday's press conference will be done on Zoom as Bruno has Covid, something which they've done for over a year. Pretty straightforward.

The fact they haven't done that is odd.

We are on an awful run of form, even forgetting the rumours, we should be hearing from the manager (because he's perfectly fine), not the goalkeeping coach.

So, there are legitimate questions as to why he isn't speaking without going to deep on it at all.

My opinion is that he's avoiding the press for some reason (or has been told to), it's far too convenient that he misses this press conference just after all these rumours come out. I'm not having it at all, like really, we're supposed to believe that? However I accept many won't share that opinion. Nevertheless, as I've said above, it's still weird without being as cynical as I am.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My opinion is that he's avoiding the press for some reason (or has been told to), it's far too convenient that he misses this press conference just after all these rumours come out. I'm not having it at all, like really, we're supposed to believe that? However I accept many won't share that opinion. Nevertheless, as I've said above, it's still weird without being as cynical as I am.

It's incredibly easy for a manager to say "no, there was no problem in training" and that's that. No need for anything as elaborate as you seem to think this is.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's incredibly easy for a manager to say "no, there was no problem in training" and that's that. No need for anything as elaborate as you seem to think this is.
Then again Bruno has been known to get carried away in press briefings like he did re new signings before the January window.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bruno’s sudden ‘no show’, the In or Out debate is now a mute point. Suspended, asked to stay away, call it what you like, Bruno is toast.

I'd call it Covid.

We'll all be able to find out whether you're the genius or the tinfoil hat wearer at next week's press conference though, so well done for sticking your neck out!

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s happened to Alex Silva the assistant head coach - why isn’t he in charge against Chelsea?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope that nobody else at Wolves got Covid from him. With all the injuries, the last thing we need is a few more out due to Covid.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

No kidding! Very unfair.
The guy is paid £3m a year. He is showing no symptoms of covid. It’s not much to ask that he actually fronts up to the weekly press conference. He is dodging the press conference because he doesn’t want to face the press. I bet if we had just won 7 out of last 10 he would turn up even if via Skype.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I am concerned about next season.
If Fosun don't back the manager (whoever it is) then we will be a struggle.
If fosun have lost interest or have other toys to play with then please sell our club to someone who is interested and cares about this famous old organisation that is WWFC.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The guy is paid £3m a year. He is showing no symptoms of covid. It’s not much to ask that he actually fronts up to the weekly press conference. He is dodging the press conference because he doesn’t want to face the press. I bet if we had just won 7 out of last 10 he would turn up even if via Skype.
Having had covid it’s pretty unpleasant I wouldn’t want anyone to knowingly pass it on, just cos he’s got no symptoms doesn’t mean that the people he’s passing on to too will have none.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

are you serious? This would not be well received

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am concerned about next season.
If Fosun don't back the manager (whoever it is) then we will be a struggle.
If fosun have lost interest or have other toys to play with then please sell our club to someone who is interested and cares about this famous old organisation that is WWFC.

Shame **** got spouted last year and the year before. Yet here we are doing fine

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tony: "Bruno, at what point should I bring the substitutes on tomorrow?" asks Tony.

Bruno: "Either half time in a hail mary or on minute 83"

Tony: "But what about if we're struggling to gain a foothold in the game early in the se..."

Bruno: "MINUTE 83"

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, terrible. Still, at least getting carried away never happens on forums.

Fair play. All I will say is my opinion all doesnt feel right. That isnt getting carried away in my opinion. That is my opinion. Sorry if that offends anyone on here. Sorry if you think I get too carried away Mutchy.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play. All I will say is my opinion all doesnt feel right. That isnt getting carried away in my opinion. That is my opinion. Sorry if that offends anyone on here. Sorry if you think I get too carried away Mutchy.
Not saying you are wrong, mate, but things rarely feel right for you about the club, and is not far from transfer window time again... ;)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having had covid it’s pretty unpleasant I wouldn’t want anyone to knowingly pass it on, just cos he’s got no symptoms doesn’t mean that the people he’s passing on to too will have none.

Still doesnt mean he cant do a Skype press conference, SuperGran, when he supposedly is feeling fine according to Roberts. He can still take training at a distance apparently. Not even any words from him on the website. I find it odd. If he was ill with it I could fully understand but apparently he feels fine according to Roberts.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying you are wrong, mate, but things rarely feel right for you about the club, and is not far from transfer window time again... ;)

I know what you are saying mate. I guess my transfer window experiences will always get me a reaction whatever I do on here but I genuinely find the Bruno silence strange as he apparently feels fine.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tony: "Bruno, at what point should I bring the substitutes on tomorrow?" asks Tony.

Bruno: "Either half time in a hail mary or on minute 83"

Tony: "But what about if we're struggling to gain a foothold in the game early in the se..."

Bruno: "MINUTE 83"

If Roberts is in charge tomorrow something is wrong whatever anyone says, Hogan. We have an assistant head coach and first team coach who should be in charge in Bruno's absences surely? Not the goalkeeping coach.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you are saying mate. I guess my transfer window experiences will always get me a reaction whatever I do on here but I genuinely find the Bruno silence strange as he apparently feels fine.
I know matey. In some respect he is damned whichever. If he turned up to give interviews some would say...what is he doing giving interviews...he may be feeling OK, but he could give covid to others who may then not...? Fwiw, I think his days are numbered, but I think this current speculation is reading something into nothing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know matey. In some respect he is damned whichever. If he turned up to give interviews some would say...what is he doing giving interviews...he may be feeling OK, but he could give covid to others who may then not...? Fwiw, I think his days are numbered, but I think this current speculation is reading something into nothing.

Could well be right mate. Thanks for the decent response. We will see what happens.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agreed completely and without pace down the wings (Jota, Neto, Traore) they can push very high against us without threat of ball over top.

Having said that Rui’s overhit ball aimed at Doc every time was equally frustrating!
Watched a bit of Roma last night. His distribution really is woeful

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Roberts is in charge tomorrow something is wrong whatever anyone says, Hogan. We have an assistant head coach and first team coach who should be in charge in Bruno's absences surely? Not the goalkeeping coach.
It just shows the shambles of the club with no assistant manager and no one either to answer for Jeff Shi if he had covid ..
As he's got rid of all the managerial positions below him, That is why I've got the thread up " The Buck stops with Jeff Shi !!"

Goalkeeping coach as our spokes person for WWFC is a joke!!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell you what - and I know this is properly unfair. I don't like Roberts. Don't know anything about his value to the club so he could be a genius, but he comes across a bit like a bully in every footage I've ever seen. I instinctively don't like him. (SORRY Tone!)

Back
Top Bottom