Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno or Nuno?

D

Deleted member 11332

I have nothing really against Lage, and his attacking record would make a refreshing change from what we have see this season.

I keep hearing how he blazed in to Benfica, tore up the league, imploded and was sacked and didn’t get another job. All that says to me is that he won the league with somebody else’s team and then wasn’t strong enough to hold it all together.

I gave.Solbakken my support right until the end in the hope of seeing better football. I wanted Saunders out the moment I saw him with his scarf on.

Lage just feels like a cronie just as Saunders did. But in a non-drinking, non golfing, non Wirral way. Mendes takes a cut of his wages, a finders fee from the club and more from the club for advising them on who to appoint? (He’ll also get the same from Porto or wherever Nuno turns up next)

I know people will say that I’m not a true fan but that’s what I feel and however much I think about it I cant see it any differently to that.

if lage is appointed I’ll support him and hope he’s a great success. If he does well Mendes will be toting him around tier one clubs this time next year. I hope he has Nuno’s passion and commitment not to flit at the first sign of a better offer.

He dropped a big portion of the previous managers side though so it isn't strictly correct. He's also turned down a number of jobs (maybe because this was always going to be the way it went). I agree with you regarding that ****head Welsh chancer but at least Lage does have some credibility and experience, playing decent football in a league we've picked up various quality players from and even if he does just do one year, if it progresses us then I'm not unhappy. Very rare for a manager to stay as long as Nuno did.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Was Nuno just a crony too then?
Yes. But we needed a new manager at the time Nuno was appointed.

This is the first time we have lost out simply because Jorge thought it was time for another payday. Apart from maybe Jota.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

This is the first time we have lost out simply because Jorge thought it was time for another payday. Apart from maybe Jota.
We don't know the causes or reasoning behind Nuno's departure.
And we don't know whether Lage will work out or not.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure about that.

how many first halves did we fail to score in?
losing 4-0 to some average sides 4 times in one season?
giving burnley their greatest premier league away win?
Not scoring more than 2 goals in a game in over 12 months?

the football was absolutely dire, we never looked like scoring, throw ins were abysmal, set pieces were poor, lowest number of sprints in the division, lower distance of sprints in the division.

I know we had a lot of injuries but we were sleepwalking into a relegation fight next year . Newcastle finished above us FFS. Irrelevant of injuries the quality of players at our disposal we should have been playing far better football than we were.

we made Chris wood look like the Brazilian Ronaldo ffs

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

We don't know the causes or reasoning behind Nuno's departure.
And we don't know whether Lage will work out or not.
Yes. Let’s hope it works out for the best.

Sorry for posting some annoying stuff - but to say I’m annoyed and confused by this is a bit of an understatement. I’ll try to be a little more constructive.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Not sure about that.

the football was absolutely dire, we never looked like scoring, throw ins were abysmal, set pieces were poor, lowest number of sprints in the division, lower distance of sprints in the division.

I know we had a lot of injuries but we were sleepwalking into a relegation fight next year . Newcastle finished above us FFS. Irrelevant of injuries the quality of players at our disposal we should have been playing far better football than we were.

There are quite a few instances posted in the last couple of days where people have use the injury crisis and the pandemic as an excuse for why Lage tanked so badly in his second season at Benfica.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are quite a few instances posted in the last couple of days where people have use the injury crisis and the pandemic as an excuse for why Lage tanked so badly in his second season at Benfica.
So? Your point is this is a mendes pay day and reflects similar to the doc deal?

they are completely different .

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about that.

Bang on. If you just take this season into account it's been absolutely dreadful. And I'd argue the performances have been much worse than the results.

If football is joyless what's the point of it?

Take the emotion and history out of it and this parting is a long way from being a surprise

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This threads pointless.
Nuno has gone (unfortunately) and we now need to move on and embrace the future.

Whoever arrives as coach, we need to welcome him to the club and not hand him a poisoned chalice.
He'll have enough to do with dealing with the playing staff without having to take on the supporeters as well.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Well with 70% on here wishing we had kept Nuno, this is unlikely to end well. I suspect he needs to get a top 10 finish or we’ll be doing it all again next May.

I hope they don’t sell all his players from underneath him.

Back
Top Bottom