Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno or Nuno?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you prefer as manager going into 2021/22?

D

Deleted member 11332

Can I choose someone else entirely? After all neither are wolves manager currently?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prepare for the “but how can you know?” comments!

Right now, based on what I know about Nuno (a lot) vs what I know about Lage (a little), it’s a resounding vote in favour of Nuno I’m afraid, not even close.
Same camp. Know barely anything about Lage, and I couldn't say any of the managers I've seen listed are going to be an improvement. Doesn't mean they can't be or won't be, but any appointment is likely to have me slightly worried one way or another whereas I believe that with a break, a couple of additions and a fit squad to pick from, we would be up around the European spots again next season with Nuno

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same camp. Know barely anything about Lage, and I couldn't say any of the managers I've seen listed are going to be an improvement. Doesn't mean they can't be or won't be, but any appointment is likely to have me slightly worried one way or another whereas I believe that with a break, a couple of additions and a fit squad to pick from, we would be up around the European spots again next season with Nuno

Couldn’t agree more.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an interesting point. I wonder if, were it not for the circumstances, a petition for Nuno to stay would have been instigated? Even despite the poor season and evidence the team had hit a bit of a crossroads, whether it was compassion or apathy that stopped us pushing harder for him to stay?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t we have a poll when Lambert was sacked and appointed nuno. Sure a lot of people wanted to keep lambert instead of nuno.

what ever happens in the weeks and months ahead I will back the new man.

in 6 months / year time we can look back and then take a vote.

but I did love nuno
Anyone who wanted Lambert to stay needed certifying. As I remember it, everyone was sick of hearing about Dortmund, seeing Saville at left-back him mumbling through another post-defeat press conference.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d take the best version of Nuno early 2019 but not a declining Nuno mid 2021. Guardiola and Klopp will both get sacked when the tide turns. I don’t know enough about Lage but if he comes out above some top quality experienced candidates, in the clubs view, I expect they have it right. Waiting till managers have lost the popular support is usually too late. So I’m expecting the club are acting in our best interests

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It's an interesting point. I wonder if, were it not for the circumstances, a petition for Nuno to stay would have been instigated? Even despite the poor season and evidence the team had hit a bit of a crossroads, whether it was compassion or apathy that stopped us pushing harder for him to stay?
There wasn’t time really but Sunday would have shown both Nuno and Fosun that the majority of fans were behind him. I feel it was all done and dusted weeks ago

D

Deleted member 11332

Anyone who wanted Lambert to stay needed certifying. As I remember it, everyone was sick of hearing about Dortmund, seeing Saville at left-back him mumbling through another post-defeat press conference.

Thats different to how I remember it .I wasn't on here but on twitter it was very much seen as a bad move. Mainly by people who don't watch any football but wolves but think they are an authority on football.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're either gonna be like Man City post sacking Mancini and ending up with Guardiola, as in Mancini did a great job but they've gone to the highest level with Guardiola - or we'll be like Charlton post Curbishley, thinking they'll get someone even better and push on, then end up spectacularly back firing and end up in league 1.

The rollercoaster goes on for us.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno for now. Maybe Lage comes in and eclipses Nuno. Maybe he's a disaster. Either way, a straight swap is not what I wanted and, for now, I feel we've been shafted.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not even voting on this...

WHAT IS THE POINT, of such a POINTLESS poll?!

Nuno is GONE and the King is DEAD - long live him but BACK BRUNO for Christ Sake!

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best manager in 40 years or somebody else I’ve never heard of? With less than 100 games who got sacked and couldn’t get another job.

Geez Louise man, go for a walk, get some fresh air! The constant stream of negativity you’re posting it’s so wearing, I’m surprised you’ve even got internet to post, you sound like you should be in a cave like Gollum stroking a picture of Nuno and calling him your precious.

D

Deleted member 11332

The best manager in 40 years or somebody else I’ve never heard of? With less than 100 games who got sacked and couldn’t get another job.

Apparently turned down a few offers someone else posted so couldn't get another job wouldn't be accurate. Not that I know for certain.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats different to how I remember it .I wasn't on here but on twitter it was very much seen as a bad move. Mainly by people who don't watch any football but wolves but think they are an authority on football.
Ah. I don't really go on twitter. On here I think after he claimed Saïss had 'had his chance and wasn't good enough' while Edwards, Saville, Price and Rowe ahead of him patience was very quickly wearing thin.

I also had it on good authority (from an ex player) that Lambert felt Costa was 'having them on' with his injury and getting special treatment. Same player did say training with Lambert was alright though.

D

Deleted member 11332

Ah. I don't really go on twitter. On here I think after he claimed Saïss had 'had his chance and wasn't good enough' while Edwards, Saville, Price and Rowe ahead of him patience was very quickly wearing thin.

I also had it on good authority (from an ex player) that Lambert felt Costa was 'having them on' with his injury and getting special treatment. Same player did say training with Lambert was alright though.

Sits very much with my thoughts at the time. He did ok but it was time for something different.

Leemack

Reaction score
I voted Nuno even though it's pointless. I wanted Nuno in but it isn't to be but the question was if it was possible lol.

If the option for someone to take us to a top 6 finish i'd have voted that ;)

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got no choice ... other than to support the new chap 100%. FWAW.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't really answer this question until we've seen what this guy can do

Back
Top Bottom