Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno or Nuno?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe there's anyone more disappointed than me that Nuno's gone...

But there is zero point to this. I'll start another poll. Rejoin the EU? or not? Both ships have sailed.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff shi “ Jorge who can we get to replace nuno ...
Jorge “ I’ve got the perfect guy his first name rhymes with nunos and his last name the wolves fans kept singing when in Barca and braga !!
Jeff “ result that’ll keep them happy “”

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeff shi “ Jorge who can we get to replace nuno ...
Jorge “ I’ve got the perfect guy his first name rhymes with nunos and his last name the wolves fans kept singing when in Barca and braga !!
Jeff “ result that’ll keep them happy “”
We should just go ahead and sign Nuno Mendes instead of RAN. For old time sake. Keep at least one of the chants in circulation and a bit of top trolling from Jeff.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A guy we know nothing about.. or a guy we’ve shared our best 4 years of the previous 40 with?

An unfair question.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
Lage seems to be as a mendes client personally having watched 8 yrs of portuguese football i dong rate him. So I'd have stuck with nuno.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage has absolutely no form! There is no comparison.

I’m not liking what I’m seeing and I’m wondering if we are seeing the beginning of the end of the project rather than the end of the beginning!!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted Uno. Anybody fancy a game?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm willing to give anybody a fair crack of the whip after having to put up with Burnley-esque football for a season.

Utd's reserves and kids beating us yesterday was the icing on the cake.

D

Deleted member 4456

I'm willing to give anybody a fair crack of the whip after having to put up with Burnley-esque football for a season.

Utd's reserves and kids beating us yesterday was the icing on the cake.
This is the thing. Would people have been so quick to put up with the rubbish being served up over the last few months if the manager hadn't got credit in the bank?

D

Deleted member 11332

This is the thing. Would people have been so quick to put up with the rubbish being served up over the last few months if the manager hadn't got credit in the bank?

No and to be honest we could have slept walked into a relegation by sticking with Nuno, I doubt it but it's possible based on recent evidence.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess the one thing going for Bruno is that it's a change, and my god we need something a little different after this season.

Then again, Ian Holloway would be a change

He'll have my full support but if we lose 4 of our first 6, he'll be hounded out by the fans - guarantee it.

If he starts strongly, as he did at Benfica, it might work.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

but imagine if the fans had been in this season and the results was the same. Think we might be looking at this differently

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football for me is first and foremost about entertainment

The last season and a bit has been anything but. I've watched on with a mix of boredom and frustration, and more recently, complete apathy

Only positive is at least it hasn't cost me anything to watch

Given that I'd go with Lage. If nothing else it's something different to look forward to

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m the biggest cheerleader for Nuno on here and am still moping round the house like there has been a death in the family, however even I struggle to understand how you can possibly have an informed opinion on Lage.

Bar a crazy few weeks where he lost a few games, his record was truly incredible.

Let’s give him a chance at least.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Our 4 years of Nuno have come to an end, we needed change after the poor season we’ve had! This is change and a manager who gets his team playing decent football! Back him from the off

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is strange.

Fosun are rumoured to be buying Bordeaux, Grasshoppers have just been promoted (with Sky Sun as CEO, Olofinjana about to be named Sporting Director, and more young players destined to head over there in 21/22) and yet we 'seem' to have taken a bit of a step back in terms of our Head Coach.

Fosun clearly arent stepping away from football as some may have you believe, it anything they are growing their footprint.

Maybe (hopefully!) they know what they are doing with this appointment?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno's gone. And he's not coming back either, except as the manager of another team.
I have some misgivings about Mendes' undue influence - and about Bruno Lage's inexperience - but the football we played this season was awful to watch, as plenty of impartial observers said. So Nuno or Bruno? For me, it's Bruno. Especially if we score a goal in the first 30 minutes...

R

reanswolf

Sorry Bill, but this poll is not your finest hour.
Pointless and ill-thought out.
I ay voted.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its just a snapshot in time. We now know who the new man is (according to John Percy anyway) - do we think he is a better fit than the old coach? Fosun obviously do!

D

Deleted member 11332

Its just a snapshot in time. We now know who the new man is (according to John Percy anyway) - do we think he is a better fit than the old coach? Fosun obviously do!

But most of the people who have voted don't have a clue about Lage. I don't have any idea myself other than watching a couple of games and being told by a Benfica fan what he's like. How is a that a basis to make a decision Vs the best wolves manager in our lifetime?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that will be borne out as we do get to know him - and many here will change their minds as their knowledge increases. This just says - at this point in time - this was what some MM members felt. It doesnt mean Lage will not get the fans support?

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

You hadn’t heard of Nuno 4 years ago.... Bruno achieved more in one season than Nuno has his entire coaching career.
You really dislike Nuno don’t you?

D

Deleted member 11332

You really dislike Nuno don’t you?

Surely no one has anything but love for the man but it doesn't make his statement incorrect.

Factually it is. Infact I see the appointment very similarly as I did to Nuno. Some good, some bad and not huge amounts of experience in either but at least Lage does have those two trophies. Maybe you need to be a bit more open minded on him before deciding he's **** and a downgrade. He might be or he might not.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Surely no one has anything but love for the man but it doesn't make his statement incorrect.

Factually it is. Infact I see the appointment very similarly as I did to Nuno. Some good, some bad and not huge amounts of experience in either but at least Lage does have those two trophies. Maybe you need to be a bit more open minded on him before deciding he's **** and a downgrade. He might be or he might not.
I have nothing really against Lage, and his attacking record would make a refreshing change from what we have see this season.

I keep hearing how he blazed in to Benfica, tore up the league, imploded and was sacked and didn’t get another job. All that says to me is that he won the league with somebody else’s team and then wasn’t strong enough to hold it all together.

I gave.Solbakken my support right until the end in the hope of seeing better football. I wanted Saunders out the moment I saw him with his scarf on.

Lage just feels like a cronie just as Saunders did. But in a non-drinking, non golfing, non Wirral way. Mendes takes a cut of his wages, a finders fee from the club and more from the club for advising them on who to appoint? (He’ll also get the same from Porto or wherever Nuno turns up next)

I know people will say that I’m not a true fan but that’s what I feel and however much I think about it I cant see it any differently to that.

if lage is appointed I’ll support him and hope he’s a great success. If he does well Mendes will be toting him around tier one clubs this time next year. I hope he has Nuno’s passion and commitment not to flit at the first sign of a better offer.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Lage just feels like a cronie just as Saunders did. But in a non-drinking, non golfing, non Wirral way. Mendes takes a cut of his wages, a finders fee from the club and more from the club for advising them on who to appoint? (He’ll also get the same from Porto or wherever Nuno turns up next)
Was Nuno just a crony too then?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Nuno just a crony too then?
I distinctly remember people saying that at the time . Could the original thread be re-opened for viewing? I love hindsight

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I distinctly remember people saying that at the time . Could the original thread be re-opened for viewing? I love hindsight
It'll still be available for viewing if anyone has the time to find it, just not for replies.

Back
Top Bottom