Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
Nuno had three great seasons, but the latter was a long one for the club. Then his top three scorers were transferred or injured, so last season was always going to be a struggle, and he didn't get it right at times. However, he was a great manager for Wolves, and Bruno could well be too.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just pointing out that statement that" Literally" Neves never scored from inside the box
under Nuno was wrong. Are you still not understanding?
Ok, well done you’re right, despite mainly being played as a 4th centre back under Nuno, Neves did manage to score one goal from inside the box in four years. Bravo on making a great point!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps the biggest difference under Bruno is that we can now win the games in which we have the majority of the possession in this league.

I know that Nuno was keen to change it after Sevilla. It's taken a long while, but I feel we have now transitioned from a simple counter attacking team relying on pace and interplay to a team that are equally comfortable in and out of possession.

Impressive.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, well done you’re right, despite mainly being played as a 4th centre back under Nuno, Neves did manage to score one goal from inside the box in four years. Bravo on making a great point!
are you not reading what I posted.I can`t keep making the same post.It wasn`t even you who posted never scoring from inside the box
I`m not really arguing the post about Neves playing better for ****s sake.
did you also not see It was 2 goals last season!!
thanks again for the complement

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
are you not reading what I posted.I can`t keep making the same post.It wasn`t even you who posted never scoring from inside the box
I`m not really arguing the post about Neves playing better for ****s sake.
did you also not see It was 2 goals last season!!
thanks again for the complement
It’s “compliment”

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Perhaps the biggest difference under Bruno is that we can now win the games in which we have the majority of the possession in this league.

I know that Nuno was keen to change it after Sevilla. It's taken a long while, but I feel we have now transitioned from a simple counter attacking team relying on pace and interplay to a team that are equally comfortable in and out of possession.

Impressive.
Yeah, one area Nuno has him though is our counter attack. It is so placid now, it used to be devastating

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another 3 points picked up despite all the experts slagging him off for his team selection and first half showing was rmbarassing apparently

Deserves way more credit and respect
I agree. I find it amazing that he is still getting slagged off here after 29 games when we are 7th in the toughest league in the world. The pre match thread was ridiculous. So we went 352? So what? It was obvious everton would throw the kitchen sink at us for 20 minutes. After that we grew into the game and in the second half we absolutely controlled it. It was a great away day. One of 8, yes 8 away wins this season. So, why is Bruno so hated bu so many vocal people on here. I dont get the sense of this at the matches i go to. Today he came over after the match to huge cheers and was cheered on too. He spoke about the importance of tha fans after the match. I hope he doesnt bother reading this forum!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me Neves scored one in 4 years from open play in the box under Nuno. Great fact, you win!
thank you .you have done well there.did you watch the games last season?
which of the goals he scored were not from open play?
(clue;3pens.)
is 2 greater than 1? let me think

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just picked this off the post match Everton thread

“I'm going to give my complete and uncompromising opinion here and i think a lot of people will disagree because it goes against what we're seeing on the pitch, but we're losing anyway so its not like what we're doing is any better.

Wolves played us like Spurs played us. I think the most impressive thing about Wolves were they were very professional and disciplined. They looked like they knew how to play in every area of the pitch. They knew where to attack and they knew how to defend and how to drag players around. Bruno Lage is a superb coach and better than Nuno. If Man United put aside their arrogance for a second, they'd appoint Bruno.”

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just picked this off the post match Everton thread

“I'm going to give my complete and uncompromising opinion here and i think a lot of people will disagree because it goes against what we're seeing on the pitch, but we're losing anyway so its not like what we're doing is any better.

Wolves played us like Spurs played us. I think the most impressive thing about Wolves were they were very professional and disciplined. They looked like they knew how to play in every area of the pitch. They knew where to attack and they knew how to defend and how to drag players around. Bruno Lage is a superb coach and better than Nuno. If Man United put aside their arrogance for a second, they'd appoint Bruno.”

Biggest load of *******s I've ever read

Is there someone on a Norwich post game thread saying how Lage didn't have a clue how to open up their tin pot defence despite having two attempts at it? Or someone of a more neutral bias who's said Lage's inability to get his side back into games when they've gone behind has proven extremely costly? After all, this Wolves side was the best at coming back two years ago, the BEST (and 5th last season), now it's the worst

Ignore facts though, they hurt your argument eh?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is there someone on a Norwich post game thread saying how Lage didn't have a clue how to open up their tin pot defence despite having two attempts at it? Or someone of a more neutral bias who's said Lage's inability to get his side back into games when they've gone behind has proven extremely costly? After all, this Wolves side was the best at coming back two years ago, the BEST (and 5th last season), now it's the worst

Cheer up

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ironically, that's the biggest load of *******s I've ever read

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ironically, that's the biggest load of *******s I've ever read
What's *******s about it? It's facts pal

We've played Norwich twice and barely troubled their keeper and we're the worst side in the league when it comes to recovering from losing positions

Which of those facts do you disagree with?

Last edited:

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking back at that team selection. Bruno proved himself right overall. Adding Dendonker to the midfield was a key move and the right one I feel. Marcal worked out okay although he offers less in attack he is a more experienced defender and perhaps less likely to put his foot where he shouldn't and give away a penalty. So in retrospect the team selection was better than most of us thought at first glance. Overall Bruno probably deserves a little more trust than some of the fan base is prepared to give him, something I intend to bear in mind in the future.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a total Nuno fan boy and was devastated to see him go but clearly something wasn’t right last season. A mix of covid, injuries, players getting stale or things happening behind the scenes (maybe a mix of all these things) but looking back now for all parties he probably needed to go.

Bruno so far has done a great job, he’s certainly not tried to reinvent the wheel but he has altered how we play. If we make Europe he’s had a brilliant season but if not he’s still had a very good one in his first year. The test will be the summer with regards to players in and out as to what we can do under him.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is building a team and an ethos that show immense promise. There is still some inconsistency, particularly when he can't select his first 11, but he continues to show tactical awareness as well as steady improvement. We are scoring more in 2022 than in the first part of the season. The players are getting used to being further up the pitch and controlling the game when we are ahead. More to do obviously but I think he is a great acquisition. The "fact" that we have not come back from conceding a goal on a couple of occasions is a red herring.

He is class, both tactically and as a man manager. Nuno was a brilliant bloke who did a great job but, for whatever reason, had lost his enthusiasm, imv. Tremendous potential for the Mighty Wolves.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Nuno had three great seasons and achieved a lot….probably better than any manager in 50 years.He was rightly loved and still admired and respected.The fourth season was difficult due to Covid and injuries. Like most I have no idea what went on behind the scenes but like many was very surprised that Nuno was let go “ by mutual agreement”( which means sacked?). And once gone is no longer an issue.

Bruno was an unknown to me and so I was a little concerned.However he appears to have exceeded my best expectations.

Three observations 1 the Nuno departure shows how focused and ruthless Fosun are..2 Fosun and management know a lot more than me and I should have more confidence that they know what they are doing…3 it’s better to look forward than hark back….so let’s get behind Bruno and the team.

Back
Top Bottom