Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Jordao.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What little I’ve seen of him, I’ve liked.

Not sure he’s going to really add that much other than an extra body, he’s still very much in the “what we already have” ilk as a player. Still, if he can crack on with his career he could be an asset later in the season.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the come back goes well for him, he looked a decent prospect before the injury and ISTR that he appeared to be quite keen to get forward from midfield.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before his injuries he looked a very decent player,coming back after almost 2 years injured will be hard though
Anyone heard anything about Neto? Would have thought he should be training soon

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure he’s going to really add that much other than an extra body, he’s still very much in the “what we already have” ilk as a player. Still, if he can crack on with his career he could be an asset later in the season.

From what I have seen of him he is different to our current central midfielders. He is more box to box. He could be a bonus for us if he can be ready for action in a few weeks.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked pretty much on the same level of Taylor Perry, the bits that I have seen from him. But I also think he had and still does have potential. If either of them fulfils it then great. It is for sure though that under Nuno we definatly had a "profile" of midfield we looked for. Only N'Diaye slightly broke that mould. I am really hopeful that profile changes in the time they have had to judge the market now. We desperately need someone who can offer us some dynamic bite.

How long is Conor Gallagher on loan at Palace for? Id give Chelsea serious cash for him.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked pretty much on the same level of Taylor Perry, the bits that I have seen from him. But I also think he had and still does have potential. If either of them fulfils it then great. It is for sure though that under Nuno we definatly had a "profile" of midfield we looked for. Only N'Diaye slightly broke that mould. I am really hopeful that profile changes in the time they have had to judge the market now. We desperately need someone who can offer us some dynamic bite.

How long is Conor Gallagher on loan at Palace for? Id give Chelsea serious cash for him.
Gallagher looks the real deal, would be incredible for us... unfortunately he's on loan at Palace all season and has been told very recently by Tuchel if he keeps up this form, he's going to get a chance in the Chelsea team next season

I think he's good enough to do it as well. We need the next Gallagher!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallagher looks the real deal, would be incredible for us... unfortunately he's on loan at Palace all season and has been told very recently by Tuchel if he keeps up this form, he's going to get a chance in the Chelsea team next season

Yep, got away from us that deal to Palace. Pity he wasn't on our doorstep to spot last season.. :rolleyes:

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't worry - Jeff's on the case.... he can spot future potential :rolleyes:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If all he is, is an extra body, that's fine by me. Obviously we've been screaming out for quality in midfield but we've required an extra body all season too.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Slightly misleading headline, I think, as it implies that Jordao has 6 weeks to impress or he is out, whereas I read the article and it seems more realistically to suggest that if Jordao can demonstrate that he is up to speed for the first team squad in 6 weeks then he will be in the match day squad but if he needs more time we will attempt to get him a loan deal to continue his progression.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Slightly misleading headline, I think, as it implies that Jordao has 6 weeks to impress or he is out, whereas I read the article and it seems more realistically to suggest that if Jordao can demonstrate that he is up to speed for the first team squad in 6 weeks then he will be in the match day squad but if he needs more time we will attempt to get him a loan deal to continue his progression.
Agreed, that is what I understood.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thats how i read it too
Prove your worth keeping here to play in the squad or we loan you out again in January
May seem a bit brutal but obviously he needs games to get match fit again after so long out

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shock horror, Express and Star deploy clickbait title :tearsofjoy:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be great to see Bruno get a few mins tonight. Good luck to him

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 minutes. Came on in the 63rd minute when we were already 4-0 down. Final score 0-5.
I saw some of the match but must admit that I had other things to do by the time Jordao came on!

Glad he got 30 mins and hope his fitness and development continues well, to the extent that he is good enough for our first team squad.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol that article is a fun read back. Goncalves really doesn’t like Mendes.
Meanwhile, Neto alone is worth more than double the combined fee paid for them.
Probably still is with a broken kneecap.

Thanks for relinking to that article. Confirms what I remember and was beginning to doubt, because many are repeating the opposite here. That Neto, not Jordao, was always regarded as the better prospect. There used to be one or two Portugese posters round here and fairly sure they also said Neto was an exciting prospect, Jordao decent, but less so.

I wish people would read the whole thing. His main point around Mendes is that we just don't exactly what his influence is. One thing we do know, people revise history and there is plenty of that here. with people saying "Jordao was the main part of the deal, Neto wasn't rated" and so on. It actually says: "Pedro Neto is the signing that can be deemed particularly exciting. He is therefore a very entertaining player to watch, and with time on his side, he could prove to be an excellent acquisition for Wolves." .

All signings are a gamble. The whole point is to take a portfolio approach fully aware that some will work out and some won't. Nobody can accurately predict with 100% accuracy what is going to happen. The same people who brought us Neto also brought us Cutrone, Jose, Vallejo and Walter Zenga! None of it means that any other player will or will not turn out to be a world beater or a total flop, we will have some of both , for sure.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still could be a player in there, but very concerning he's only played about 10 league games since 2017 at the age of 23

Unlucky with injuries of course, and there was promise there and great he's fit again. Hope he can make an impact on the squad

But another who desperately needs a loan where he can play week in week out. His body needs it to get battle hardened and have a good chance of a decent career still, with us or elsewhere

Be amazed if he's not loaned to Portugal again in Jan

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As my last post was that we should be amazed if Jordao was still here and not loaned in Jan, looks like I should embrace and prepare for my amazement

Looks like he’s likely staying and will fight for playing time with the first team and will be (with Cundle) the 4th CM, although the loan not completely ruled out

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As my last post was that we should be amazed if Jordao was still here and not loaned in Jan, looks like I should embrace and prepare for my amazement

Looks like he’s likely staying and will fight for playing time with the first team and will be (with Cundle) the 4th CM, although the loan not completely ruled out

A perfectly prudent approach, as with Sanderson and Giles. Have them here to cover COVID, injuries and AFCON, and see where we're at closer to the end of the window.

If we sign a midfielder then maybe Bruno will go back out, but for now, he's here as cover especially as there are no loans on the table

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The simple fact is that if we dont sign a central midfield player in this window then it would be plain stupid to loan out either Cundle or Jordao. Three central midfield players would be ridiculous and we have gotten away with this so far due to Neves, Donck and Moutinho being largely injury free so far this season.

They really dont want to be making the same mistakes they made last transfer window when they left us too short in central midfield.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jordao cost us £9m ... I want to see in in & around the first team squad

If he can stay injury free, and get some playing time then maybe we will see him produced the goods. Like others, I believe there is a decent player in there, but he needs to be playing. Maybe play him against Norwich City in the FA cup.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno Jordao is the one that I genuinely think will feel like a new signing
IMO he is a great player and could be a big player for us
Very excited about his prospects after the fist half on his debut against Reading a couple of seasons ago in the cup
In that first half he ran the game, scored but sadly got injured a few mins before half time
Expecting big things from him

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves also likely to be suspended again for two games the way he accumulates yellows so this also needs factoring in to the thinking.

Yes, this is very likely.

32 games is the next cut-off (anyone getting 10 bookings before 32nd round of fixtures for their team gets a 2 game ban).

He's on 7 now with 19 played!

The club might have to think about when would be best for him to pick up his 10th booking! ;)

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may have been mentioned already (if so, apologies), but despite only playing in a total of 5 games for the senior side here, he's nevertheless managed to represent Wolves in 4 competitions:
- Premier League
- Europa League
- Carabao Cup
- FA Cup

Surely that's a fairly unusual record for a player with so few appearances to have, if not verging on unique.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jordao wasn’t bought for peanuts and was obviously thought of highly enough to get into the first team at some stage. He’s not a real youngster in age but hasn’t played anywhere near enough minutes for somebody his age. I’d be keeping him here and hoping he can prove his worth for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom