Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Jordao.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is the sort of player that could prosper under Bruno. Good engine on him in central midfield. Really hope he is back soon. It would be a good boost. From the few times I have seen him I like him.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still didn't give any indication of timescales on this. If he's still some weeks away then January may come around quicker than he's able to help us

But being given No.6 again and featuring in the official squad list you have to assume Bruno already has a good knowledge of him from the Portugal connections and has been able to say if he's the type of player that will work in his system... so I think we can assume he thinks he would be a good fit

Hope to see you on the training pitch soon Bruno, could be a great bonus for us this season if he can come back strong

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically the one and only time I’ve seen him for any length of time was in the Reading cup game, scored and was confidently striding about the middle of the park.

Who knows, but could be handy.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be like a new signing.....

You laugh but he actually could! We haven't ever really seen him play, we are told that he is or at least was highly rated so if he can get fit and stay fit he may well become an important player in and around the team. If he was to have an impact than he could easily be the first player off the rank to replace Moutinho and therefore get above Dendonker in the pecking order.

Really hope he comes good especially as it is a position we are crying out for! I had actually forgotten about him!

Reactions: DPE

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are pinning all our hopes on jordao so we can say that we have four first team ready central midfielders.
Is shabani on a two year loan to vvv venlo?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be very useful for us if he is match ready in the next month. Will help our central midfield options and he is a bit different from our other players in that he is box to box from what I have seen of him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are pinning all our hopes on jordao so we can say that we have four first team ready central midfielders.

Shabani is back with us and recovering from injury and in our plans when he returns from injury. Similar to Jordao situation.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shabani is back with us and recovering from injury and in our plans when he returns from injury. Similar to Jordao situation.
Thanks for update, I think both have potential, when fully fit.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What sort of CM is he? Not seen him play, well maybe I have but was very drunk at the time.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think jordao is more a defensive midfielder and played that role at famalicao. He can pick out a pass, tackle, and run with the ball.
Shabani is more exciting and could be huge if he gets over his injury problems.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Bruno was watching Famalicao - was he scouting Wolves players before he was officially appointed because he knew he was coming here?

just being mischievous!
Exactly what sprung to my mind... I suppose it's reasonable that in his time out of the game he was watching Portuguese league games and Bruno was playing... perhaps not in a official capacity but with a decent idea of what was coming, or he was just enjoying the games and keeping up to date

Or it was all lined up and he was doing some early scouting of his new players. I suppose we will never know officially but it does allude to some activity with Bruno earlier in the year... all guesswork... but with Jordao he does seem to have a good idea of him anyway from his previous years in Portugal too

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
Exactly what sprung to my mind... I suppose it's reasonable that in his time out of the game he was watching Portuguese league games and Bruno was playing... perhaps not in a official capacity but with a decent idea of what was coming, or he was just enjoying the games and keeping up to date

Or it was all lined up and he was doing some early scouting of his new players. I suppose we will never know officially but it does allude to some activity with Bruno earlier in the year... all guesswork... but with Jordao he does seem to have a good idea of him anyway from his previous years in Portugal too
I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume that Bruno Lage had a good idea that he would come in before Nuno went .... I'd be amazed if not.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lol that article is a fun read back. Goncalves really doesn’t like Mendes.
Meanwhile, Neto alone is worth more than double the combined fee paid for them.
Probably still is with a broken kneecap.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear that two major injuries so young could see him never really fulfill his potential.

But, if he can get fit, I seem to recall he was the bigger prospect than Neto when he signed, and that is very exciting!

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends if you want to look at it in a negative way or not. I don’t think it’s about pinning hopes but rather seeing a bright talent return from injury.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great read, particularly this:

"To answer the initial question, therefore - ‘Are these signings simply Jorge Mendes at work?’ - the answer surely has to be a firm yes. Had they not been Portuguese, and had they not been Jorge Mendes clients, would they really have been worth 20 million euros? And would Wolves really have signed them? They are hypothetical questions, of course, which cannot be proved either way, though my guess is that the answer is ‘no’ to both.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

"To answer the initial question, therefore - ‘Are these signings simply Jorge Mendes at work?’ - the answer surely has to be a firm yes. Had they not been Portuguese, and had they not been Jorge Mendes clients, would they really have been worth 20 million euros? And would Wolves really have signed them? They are hypothetical questions, of course, which cannot be proved either way, though my guess is that the answer is ‘no’ to both.
Ironic thing is now that there would be uproar if Neto was only sold for 40 million. Easily doubled the money invested and got a free jordao in the process. Keep doing Jorge a favour I say.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sadly there are still plenty who think Mendes is the antichrist of football.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ironic thing is now that there would be uproar if Neto was only sold for 40 million. Easily doubled the money invested and got a free jordao in the process. Keep doing Jorge a favour I say.
I remember all the posters saying at the time that we were doing Mendes a favour and it was payback for previously getting Neves on the cheap. Probably the same posters saying the same about Fabio now.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, he ain't far off is he. If he was helping Albion not us, what would you think about us
I'd still think we were the best club in the world but it's a shame our owners hadn't had the imagination to come up with the tie up.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd still think we were the best club in the world but it's a shame our owners hadn't had the imagination to come up with the tie up.
I meant him sorry. I don't particularly care because there isn't, and has never been, any honour or honesty in football

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant him sorry. I don't particularly care because there isn't, and has never been, any honour or honesty in football
Honestly? I'd tell everyone who'd listen it was dodgy as hell but secretly be so, so jealous and hope we could find someone as good.
As you say honour left football around 1890!

Back
Top Bottom