Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Jordao.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Honestly? I'd tell everyone who'd listen it was dodgy as hell but secretly be so, so jealous and hope we could find someone as good.
As you say honour left football around 1890!
Ha agreed, yep makes me laugh when people talk about corruption in modern football. Unless they mean Herbert Chapman is the modern era ...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope we can see Jordao back soon, if we could get him some time in the u23s and maybe a loan move in January that would be excellent for him

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both him and Shabani..........same match started their injury misfortunes. Shabani I believe is further away in his recovery process.
I remember there was a third injury in that match too but it must've not been as severe since the name escapes me now. Brutal time.

justfriggin

Reaction score
I think this kid has more to offer than otasowei or gibbs white Ithink you ll get your profit.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And sooner rather than later
Seems like that could be the case, as Bruno (Lage) doesn’t look to fancy Donk much.
Fair enough Neves and Moutinho doing far too well to be dropped, but you would have thought he might have been used a bit more as fresh legs.

Would have to assume he doesn’t use the ball well enough for the gaffer, being as he goes tits on the touchline if he sees the ball go sideways or backwards when it could have been forward.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brought to make a profit on. Will never get near the first team.
He came as a two for one deal with Neto. I think the expectation originally was for him to be the more successful of the two. Neto proved to be a real find when he got used as injury cover, and he suffered injuries at key times.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember all the posters saying at the time that we were doing Mendes a favour and it was payback for previously getting Neves on the cheap. Probably the same posters saying the same about Fabio now.
Just because Neto has turned out extremely well for us, doesn't mean he wasn't a favour for Mendes. It was fairly well reported in Portugal at the time that Benfica & Wolves had the choice between Neto + Jordao or Carlos Vinicius. As it turned out, at the time Carlos Vincius wouldn't have been able to qualify for a work permit being Brazilian, so we ended up with Neto + Jordao.

Makes sense as well considering how we supposedly tried to sign Vinicius after, when he was at Benfica that year before moving to Spurs on loan under Mourinho.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember all the nonsense about mendes favours. Neto is probably our best young player since robbie keane. Who knows about jordao but i back lage to get the best out if him if he can get fit. I would love to do a favour where i at least see my investment double in value

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just because Neto has turned out extremely well for us, doesn't mean he wasn't a favour for Mendes. It was fairly well reported in Portugal at the time that Benfica & Wolves had the choice between Neto + Jordao or Carlos Vinicius. As it turned out, at the time Carlos Vincius wouldn't have been able to qualify for a work permit being Brazilian, so we ended up with Neto + Jordao.

Makes sense as well considering how we supposedly tried to sign Vinicius after, when he was at Benfica that year before moving to Spurs on loan under Mourinho.
Remember Benfica fans being happy they didn't get done by Mendes with them 2

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate how the one or two snidely remarks find their way onto a thread about one of our players recovering from a serious injury. ****ers. Jordao and Shabani, mentioned here too, would be welcome additions to the matchday squad.
Shabani looked particularly impressive and I trust bruno to improve him even more.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I had forgotten all about him. Is he a genuine first team option?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That is gutless, a proper "i don't want to play anymore" tackle. Would hammer him with a fine for being so gutless

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry. I don't know what you are talking about?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but Jordao was thought to be the more advanced at the time.
Quite. He was supposed to be further along in his development, being older and had more 1st team minutes, but Neto was generally regarded as being the more likely to be a future star.

In the very little we’ve seen of him, he looked decent, and was actually willing to drive forward with the ball. Who knows what he’ll look like after well over a year without any kind of run.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always takes time to be integrated again after a long lay off. I hope he can help us in december.

Back
Top Bottom