Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brilliant Leeds Vs Woeful Wolves - The Verdict Thread.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
Great win... Poor first half... better second half... we scored Leeds didn't - that was a tough game to win - this Wolves team have guts - best ive ever seen - ride the wave :)

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game of two halves? We were very ordinary first half - although should have nicked a goal at the end of that half. Second half started much better and we eventually got the goal. Saiss's thunderbolt though chalked off for a Podence foot offside. Raul perseverance finally got us a goal. Thought Podence looked lively during that first 20 mins. Completely disagree with Nuno subbing him off. Traore did **** all and again we seemed to lose all momentum with that substitution. Can't work that one out. For me Nuno should have waited 10 minutes more and then swapped Adama for Neto, who just ran himself into the ground. Back to Podence, though, Nuno really needs to start giving him the full 90. My view it's him more than anyone else in our team who can take advantage of a tiring opposition. Oh by the way, **** that strip right off. It just is not Wolves! Anyway, we beat the Dirty Leeds. What's not to like. UTW!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds looked pretty good in as much as they work so hard, even if they lack a little quality in areas. Certainly they should have produced more actual work for Patricio from the amount of possession in our defensive third. There was a stat deep in the 2nd half where Leeds had something like 16 shots but only 2 on target. We had 5 but 3 were on target and over the whole game just about all the good chances were ours.
First half was grim watching as we were harried off the ball at every turn but slowly we got into the game and there were glimpses of what Nuno is trying to do.
Back 3 were all excellent and Kilman is going to be a player if he carries on developing. He must have caught Southgates eye tonight.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hugely worrying first half where we lacked any sort of cohesion.

Second half showed some attacking intent and hugely improved. Thought the back three were all superb with Kilman just edging the MOM award.

Raul gave another very good all-round performance on very limited service.

Patricio 7
Boly 7
Coady 7
Kilman 8
Semedo 5
Moutinho 6
Dendoncker 6
Saiss 6
Neto 7
Raul 7
Podence 6

9 points. Up to 6th. Newcastle at home next. And most importantly, Nuno gets a bit of time with the new signings on the training ground.
Very generous to Neto and harsh on Podence for me. Podence looked our main threat in 2nd half.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Overall the result was the most important - 3pts.
Different Wolves 2nd half more of a threat.
Need to remind ourselves that Leeds are a very good side look at their games against LFC and Man city. We contained them and Patricio didn't make one save.
Kilman outstanding along with Coady and Boly.
Samedo was a worry defensively and needs improvement to this side of his game and practice taking a throw in.

Think we will improve as the games come!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Tactical genius from Nuno - turned Saïss into Jeremy Goss and managed to get 3 points despite playing without a midfield for 45 minutes against a Helder Costa that won more tackles and aerial duels in the first half than he did his entire Wolves career.

Kilman MOTM

Patricio 7
Kilman 7
Coady 6
Chris Whyte 5.5
Franz Carr 5.5
Ray Wilkins 5
Jim Carrey 5.5
Jeremy Goss 6
Tom Selleck 6.5
Hugo Sanchez 6
Podence 5.5

Subs:
Neves 6
Traore 6.5

Those lookalikes have made me chortle far more than they should have.

Chris Whyte and Tom Selleck...superb :)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better second half and a good win in the end but we simply cannot play like that first half again. We did similar at West Ham. Have to start games on the front foot and go at teams from the off starting on Sunday. Have to have a proper left wing back at left wing back for starters and Neto and Podence will have to start contributing goals more regularly soon.
Neto scored in the last game!

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge kudos to Boly, Coady and Kilman. Absolutely fantastic performance. Totally assured passing, intelligence tracking and shape. Not a foot put wrong.

Honestly, felt like quite an attritional match.

Neto was the pick of the forwards. He's so dogged and industrious. Midfield still feels weak and immobile, although I thought Moutinho was better today than he has been in a while.

Semedo still a bit patchy in defence. Looking forward to him integrating into the system.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hugely worrying first half where we lacked any sort of cohesion.

Second half showed some attacking intent and hugely improved. Thought the back three were all superb with Kilman just edging the MOM award.

Raul gave another very good all-round performance on very limited service.

Patricio 7
Boly 7
Coady 7
Kilman 8
Semedo 5
Moutinho 6
Dendoncker 6
Saiss 6
Neto 7
Raul 7
Podence 6

9 points. Up to 6th. Newcastle at home next. And most importantly, Nuno gets a bit of time with the new signings on the training ground.
Sorry to be a sycophant but I always appreciate your analysis. I'd agree with all of those scores but have Pod much higher, more like a 7.5: I thought apart from his theatrics (where did that blood come from? An adolescent spot? A bloodgate incident?) he was very good. Kilman is class, I suspect if he'd been signed for £15m we'd (all) be raving about the lad.

The first half was worrying, the second was very encouraging. Well done lads, this has picked me right up.

P.S. **** VAR. In the bum.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very generous to Neto and harsh on Podence for me. Podence looked our main threat in 2nd half.

I agree. Not saying Neto was bad, I thought he was pretty good until the last 10-15 minutes. But Podence is probably our only player where it comes to doing something unpredictable that may open up the opposition. His flicks and passes are really intelligent. He was our main threat during our best spell of the game, right after the half time.

But in the end we got three points and we're 6th, level on points with Leicester who started so well! Once we truly find our feet we will be even more of a handful. Onwards and upwards.

Benny78

Reaction score
Better second half and a good win in the end but we simply cannot play like that first half again. We did similar at West Ham. Have to start games on the front foot and go at teams from the off starting on Sunday. Have to have a proper left wing back at left wing back for starters and Neto and Podence will have to start contributing goals more regularly soon.

Not really the time for ultimatums, we are clearly a work in progress and need time. Enjoy the journey, we will progress.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man Bun FC 0-1 Wolves!
Superb second half. Moutinho run the show for 25 after the break prompting Phillips cynical effort to take him out. (Some people need to hang their heads after slagging Moutinho off for the first 45). Getting quite fed up with some fans appalling comments if don’t steam roller teams. Some times you have to respect your opponents will have good spells and it will be difficult. We did that, stayed in the game and eventually took control. Lovely gritty 3 points

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a great first half but they had very little penetration. We actually managed that well rather than being as crap as many of you think. Second half we took it to them and got the lead. Then it gets frustrating as we sat back and invited pressure. Podence for Adama didn't make much sense as he was playing well. Raul's kick out was petulant and could have cost us. That said, we once again managed their attacks really well. A great three points at a place many teams will struggle.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually thought Coote had a good game.

He did. Although some credit to the players of both teams who did not descend to the constant collapsing and nagging the referee that a few other teams in this league have resorted to. It was a good game of football, high standard all round, especially once we settled after 20 mins or so.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to be a sycophant but I always appreciate your analysis. I'd agree with all of those scores but have Pod as a 7.5: I thought apart his theatrics (where did that blood come from? An adolescent spot?) he was very good. Kilman is class, I suspect if he'd been signed for £15m we'd be raving about the lad.

The first half was worrying, the second was encouraging. Well done lads, this has picked me up.

P.S. **** VAR
We were`nt great, but contained them well first half.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny but Semedo didnt look way off the pace when he looked really good against France the other day. Cant see why he would have a fitness issue.

I know - but maybe this was a game too many/different pacing.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Leeds side is spectacular, I really think we're going to be among only maybe 3 or 4 sides that beat Leeds at home this season.
Er what have you been taking tonight - LSD? Did you watch the Brazil team 0f 1970? The Dutch national team with Cruyff, etc.? What about France with Plantini, Giresse and Tigana? There have been many spectacular teams over the years. Not Leeds tonight. They were OK. But please let me know where you score your drugs from cos I want some please.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Semedo was poor but have to say Neto and Adama were borderline embarrassing how little cover they gave him. 2v1 all game

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to say , reading some of the comments, that I have serious doubts about some people's understanding of the game. We defended very well in the first half against a good team that were really going for it. Being 0-0 at half time after all that Leeds effort was a moral victory!

Second half we did very well in building on the first half performance and just made life too difficult for Leeds. Overall we deserved to win and Leeds need to realise that loads of effort and huff and puff is not what wins matches, it is using your nouse. Leeds will do well this year, but we won't do badly either. It was experience and belief that won us the match and it was a thoroughly intriguing and enjoyable match at that!

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big 3 points.

Awful first half played without a midfield but Leeds didnt create many clear chances for all the possession they had. Still im sure sky will be ****ing themselves silly over them.

We need to improve, we are not going to get away with having 32% possession again.

Liskeard wolf

Reaction score
Considering Leeds dominated first half, I don't remember Rui making a save of any note. The best chance fell to Podence. 2nd half was a perfect away performance.
However we all saw it, its always nice to put one over dirty Leeds ain't it. Onwards andupwards guys. I for one will sleep well tonight .

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman and Cody excellent, Boly much improved. Saiss did little wrong considering, but Semedo needs some positional coaching in defence.
For all their possession I can't remember a clear chance to them, although a lot of pressure with balls into the box.
Out weakness for me is not only the drive through the middle of the pitch put the lack of support to Jimenez.
Great 3 points, lets hope we keep developing from here, I am sure there is more to come.

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You see glimpses in that second half of what we are capable of. We are picking up points during this bedding in period which is great, but blimey, it’s tough to watch at times I have to say.

Positives;

Coady, has come back from England duty a better player. He oozes class on and off the pitch.

Killman, just quietly gets on with his business, deserves his place in the team.

Boly, while he is still some way off his dominant best, he kept things simple. Exactly what he needs to be doing right now. Still the best defender at the club.

Negatives;

Semedo, thankfully I’ve seen enough of him in previous games to know he’s class.

Still plenty to work on. Nuno desperately needs time with them on the training field.

Back
Top Bottom