Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brilliant Leeds Vs Woeful Wolves - The Verdict Thread.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to the premier league, you don’t take your chances you get beaten.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another **** show of a first half. Surprisingly better in the second.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got away with it in the first half. Evens Stevens second half. Leeds look decent to me, and we looked a bit more like a decent side in patches in the second half as well

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They ripped us a new one first half, without making us pay. Better teams will make us pay, no doubt.

This tactic of only ‘playing’ one half is frustrating and almost arrogant if I’m honest. Certainly not a ‘dominating’ tactic and it’s awful to watch.

Grateful for the win but I didn’t enjoy that. More time on the training ground needed.

Also, Somedo was abysmal. Kilman very good. He played futsal for England once you know.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves got tested, turned it around and showed Leeds how to do it.

For Leeds to score they have to get a lot of micro moves 100% correct. For us to score, we just need half a chance these days. Feels good to get the 3 points and more so because we won ugly.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hugely worrying first half where we lacked any sort of cohesion.

Second half showed some attacking intent and hugely improved. Thought the back three were all superb with Kilman just edging the MOM award.

Raul gave another very good all-round performance on very limited service.

Patricio 7
Boly 7
Coady 7
Kilman 8
Semedo 5
Moutinho 6
Dendoncker 6
Saiss 6
Neto 7
Raul 7
Podence 6

9 points. Up to 6th. Newcastle at home next. And most importantly, Nuno gets a bit of time with the new signings on the training ground.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play the first half the same as the second would say we were in compete control.

Very lucky to win that after being pinned back for the first half. Will take it and hopefully the performances will improve.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible first half looked as if we had less players than them. Big improvement in the second half though. My main concern is our ability to keep the ball under pressure

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman has to get a run of games now. We looked very solid with that 3 once we actually have full backs performing again.

Neither Semedo or Neto are ready for 90 minutes. Both could barely put a foot right for the last 20-30 mins, and Neto had had a good game until then. Semedo was way off the pace most of the second half - I hope that's a fitness issue.

Ah well, another few days on the training pitch - much needed.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jokes apart, and stating the absolute obvious, but the more points we can scrape together before Xmas is fantastic and a real bonus. Can really see us clicking by the end of the year. We are just so obviously in transition right now.

First half awful
Second half very good
Three points superb.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dirty Leeds lost even with Costa!

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They ripped us a new one first half, without making us pay. Better teams will make us pay, no doubt.

This tactic of only ‘playing’ one half is frustrating and almost arrogant if I’m honest. Certainly not a ‘dominating’ tactic and it’s awful to watch.

Grateful for the win but I didn’t enjoy that. More time on the training ground needed.

Also, Somedo was abysmal. Kilman very good. He played futsal for England once you know.
Have to agree about Samedo. Not really allowed to get forward but poor defensively. Still, he will probably improve as the team gets going.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant brilliant win!
Kilman and the entire defence imperious.
Semedo looks like he's being controlled by a 14 year old FIFA player at times.

I suspected we would do them - I just didn't account for how good Leeds would be.

Without being deadly, they were very slick and easy on the eye first half.

That being said, our defence was fantastic and I'm blooming delighted to nick it

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking first half, much better second half. Sound familiar?

A very welcome three points, but we absolutely have to start putting in better performances ASAP.

Thought Neto and Podence looked dangerous when they had the opportunity to and Kilman looked very assured again. Thought Semedo looked dreadful second half, got caught in no mans land/totally switched off quite a few times.

Anyway, not a game I’ll be watching back. Three points. Job done.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fantastic win in what was a tough tough away game against a very good side, but guess what, we're a very good side!

Not going to see much of the changes Nuno wants to make until later in the season, he's had no time to do it yet and time with the players but it'll happen and in the meantime, and while the wonderkids get used to England and our system, we can still win games like this

Deserved the bit of luck with the deflection, especially after VAR (righty) got us with a close one

Great defending, Kilman taking his chance with aplomb and MOTM

Some concerns on Semedo's defending, and needs to settle a bit but overall it was a massive massive win for us, and we're 6th!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know we are a good team, when we pick up wins - even if we are mainly naff!

A simple case of small fortune with the goal (good hit though), Leeds not taking there chances in the 1st half and a pretty solid back three; of which Max Kilman is turning into a heck of a player.

I'll utterly take that and our best Top Flight Start since 1980 is the most encouraging stat of the night!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

They had lots of possession in the first half but ripped us a new one? My gran would have put Patricio under more pressure than huff and puff United.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game went to plan as far as Nuno would have been concerned. They started quick (I did keep saying they would!), but didn't create a lot and expended a lot of energy. Second half we were the better side, don't remember Patricio making a serious save, just one straight at him in the first half

Back
Top Bottom