Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I underestimated Doyle's ability to get through work. Would have thought he would struggle in the second half with the exertion of that kind of game, but he was still right there at the end.

Yes, I worried he may not have the engine.

I don't know if you saw it, the TV guys put on a table of distances covered and Doyle was 3rd with something like 11.3km run (I think it was Km rather than miles), but the point was he was 3rd - it just shows his stamina.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Brilliant performance from Wolves. Doyle and Lemina were rocks in the middle of the park, Semedo ruled his flank and our central defenders won all battles in the penaltyarea.

Neto had atleast three good chances, he would probably had scored in first half with his diagonal run to the penaltyarea, if the damned ball hadn't wobbled before his shot, he lost his rhythm there.
Also thinks he could try to dink the ball directly towards the goal instead of crossing, when he runs towards the front post. He had two similar chances in the second half, and both his crosses(?) were quite poor.
Easy to say, I know :)

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surprised Jenas got his tongue out of Brighton's bumholes for long enough to string together a coherent sentence.
"Yeah, the ball might be in the back of their net, but Brighton have been simply superb so far and they just have to keep going..."
He strung a coherent sentence together?

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Excellent point. With a bit more composure we could have nicked the 3 points, but Cunha had one of those nights. Semedo MoM for me, Doyle excellent in the second half and good to see Chirewa get on. Still would have put Fraser on to give Cunha a break, But Gary knows best.
Jenas was annoying, but one thing I learnt was that Doyle's 2 Grandads were Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe of Man City fame. They both scored in the 1970 League Cup Final win over the Albion. There's an omen....
Amazing trivia that

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  1. Wolves forward Pedro Neto to TNT Sports: "It's very hard to play against these guys, they are so organised. They had control of the game but we had counter-attacks, it's a good point.
    "The mentality has changed. The way we are playing, we always want more. We came here, worked a lot and we could have won.
    "I have been waiting for this start for a long time, I have had to be patient, I always want to play. I am proud of this team."
    Article Reactions

56 likes56

• Dislike
      5 dislikes5
    Article share tools
  2. Posted at 21:5421:54

Post update​

FT: Brighton 0-0 Wolves
    Since the start of December, only Liverpool (17) have picked up more Premier League points than Wolves (14). What a run!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only worry is set pieces. Why do we put our defensive line inside our six yard box? Absolute madness. Already cost us at Brentford and nearly again today

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Only worry is set pieces. Why do we put our defensive line inside our six yard box? Absolute madness. Already cost us at Brentford and nearly again today
We're nearing February and we still have not conceded from a corner this season.
I would not worry so much about set pieces.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To go above them

Indeed. To be honest, there are only a few teams I would worry about playing at Molineux in our current form and without any more players missing. Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal, in that order. Mainly because of their attacking threat can beat any defence when they’re up for it, and all three have a shot at the title. Everyone else, I think we could beat at home. Hell, even away we’re starting to tighten up and get results.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lemina played well. Broke up attacks, put in some good tackles, made a couple of good runs forward, tested the keeper. Definitely didn't look "well off it" in my opinion

I enjoyed his forward runs near the end of the game but before then I felt he looked a little lost at times.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still havent conceded a goal direct from a set piece have we?
I know Brentford scored but that wasnt directly from the set piece

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lemina played well. Broke up attacks, put in some good tackles, made a couple of good runs forward, tested the keeper. Definitely didn't look "well off it" in my opinion
First half his aimless passing put us under considerable pressure. He wasn’t the only one though. They nearly all treated the ball like it had herpes.

Ebbo

Reaction score
As an aside to a really good away performance.

When did chatting non stop #### count as informative commentary. My son sent me a tweet he’d read…

Commentator says he remembers seeing flashes of Neto's quality at Lazio.

He played 55 minutes for Lazio. #wwfc

Sums up the clueless clowns

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent point. With a bit more composure we could have nicked the 3 points, but Cunha had one of those nights. Semedo MoM for me, Doyle excellent in the second half and good to see Chirewa get on. Still would have put Fraser on to give Cunha a break, But Gary knows best.
Jenas was annoying, but one thing I learnt was that Doyle's 2 Grandads were Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe of Man City fame. They both scored in the 1970 League Cup Final win over the Albion. There's an omen....
And they were both in the 1974 League Cup Final squad when City played Wolves

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Excellent result away, probably should have pinched with the chances we had.
Neto, Semedo and Doyle were all superb.
Have to hold my hands up, thought we'd struggle without Gomes but Doyle has really stepped up to the plate, Gomes isn't just a shoe in to come straight back in. What it does do is give us options for rotation in midfield.
First time we've run out of steam at the end for a long time, guess thats the FA Cup games, tbf Lemina really came on strong last 20 when the rest were struggling a bit.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good point, very solid at the back, Brighton are a good team, they track back so well and their keeper came out of his box on a few occasions very well.

A few better decisions by Cunha and Neto and we would have won.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep saying this season we play better against teams who always play 'their way' and refuse to change for the opposition. Brighton definitely fit that mould and we had a plan for them this evening. Gary always does his homework and plans accordingly, very diligent coach. (improvement needed when opp change though!)
Please someone tell me corboran employs a strict play style!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an aside to a really good away performance.

When did chatting non stop #### count as informative commentary. My son sent me a tweet he’d read…

Commentator says he remembers seeing flashes of Neto's quality at Lazio.

He played 55 minutes for Lazio. #wwfc

Sums up the clueless clowns

I think it was fully 16 mins before Jenas made a single comment about Wolves play. Before that, even a Wolves attack was framed in what Brighton was doing. He also spent 30+ mins calling the Brighton keeper the wrong name before someone obviously told him. It improved second half only because Brighton did sweet fa and all the best chances were ours.

I nearly muted the TNT comms to put Talksport on the radio instead, but was desperate for us to score to shut the idiots up!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tommy Doyle was excellent tonight and is settling in superbly now he is getting some game time.

Lemina, Gomes and Tommy playing together in our midfield for the next few seasons will be the envy of a few PL managers and we must keep them. Long term contracts would help.

Tommy’s going to cost us £5million (absolute bargain) to become permanent and we simply have to sign him. To think we sold Nunes for £50+million, adequately replaced him and made £45million in the process has to be great business.

Do not let him slip through our fingers!

Rowzed

Reaction score
Excellent result away, probably should have pinched with the chances we had.
Neto, Semedo and Doyle were all superb.
Have to hold my hands up, thought we'd struggle without Gomes but Doyle has really stepped up to the plate, Gomes isn't just a shoe in to come straight back in. What it does do is give us options for rotation in midfield.
First time we've run out of steam at the end for a long time, guess thats the FA Cup games, tbf Lemina really came on strong last 20 when the rest were struggling a bit.
Cup game is long enough away not to matter regarding fatigue, I think it was playing a very tight defensive system without the ball then explosive sprints every time we won it back which was quite frequently

its almost easier to play that game when you don’t win it back quite so often !!

added to the fact we only had one sub on the bench who could reasonably come into midfield or attack and not weaken the system, so no fresh legs, and two players who hadn’t played much for a month

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tommy Doyle was excellent tonight and is settling in superbly now he is getting some game time.

Lemina, Gomes and Tommy playing together in our midfield for the next few seasons will be the envy of a few PL managers and we must keep them. Long term contracts would help.

Tommy’s going to cost us £5million (absolute bargain) to become permanent and we simply have to sign him. To think we sold Nunes for £50+million, adequately replaced him and made £45million in the process has to be great business.

Do not let him slip through our fingers!
There will be riots if they don't pick up the Doyle option (every indication is they will).

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was fully 16 mins before Jenas made a single comment about Wolves play. Before that, even a Wolves attack was framed in what Brighton was doing. He also spent 30+ mins calling the Brighton keeper the wrong name before someone obviously told him. It improved second half only because Brighton did sweet fa and all the best chances were ours.

I nearly muted the TNT comms to put Talksport on the radio instead, but was desperate for us to score to shut the idiots up!
The Brighton manager thought they should have won.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Brighton manager thought they should have won.
What a load of cobblers!

They created nothing and Sa didn’t have a serious save to make.

We created better chances and their goalkeeper had more work to do than Jose.

Yes, Brighton had most of the possession, but that’s nothing if you do nothing with it. Huff and puff, that’s all they did.

Back
Top Bottom